Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any single farmgirls? Next Topic  

CountryLisa72
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Lisa

58 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  3:59:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello;
I am new to being single after leaving a 20 year marriage..So I'm trying to find who I really am or shall I say find the old me..
I would like to hear from others who I can relate to..
Thanks,Lisa

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  6:26:00 PM  Show Profile
I am. Sheesh, I was married long ago. I just like it better solo and cannot imagine ever being paired again. My career and my farm take my time and passion. But if you need of support email me or I check back once a day or so.

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  6:34:46 PM  Show Profile
Lisa - I left a 21 year marriage 4 years ago. I'm currently engaged but totally understand where you are at - its a HUGE change. I had to refind the old me and learn who I was again. I made the huge mistake of jumping into a serious relationship right away. After that ended, I decided not to date again until I was comfortable with being single so I could ensure I wasn't getting into another bad relationship just because I was lonely. My advice would be to take your time adjusting to your new life and enjoy it :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  11:17:23 PM  Show Profile
I am single, never married (I am 53 duh)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  02:55:25 AM  Show Profile
i am recently-last week- divorced after 8 years marriage and 2 years of just living together....
i am trying to find me too! it's an interesting journey....write me if you wish!

find yourself, find what you like and do what you can!
hugs!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  10:03:29 AM  Show Profile
I ended a 10 year very difficult marriage many, many years ago. Have 4 wonderful kids and 5 wonderful grandkids tho!!! Such a blessing came from it. But I have remained single since. Has had its ups and downs, but mostly ups!!! Love that you started this Lisa!!! Farmgirls always look out for one another and common interests and lives!!! Have a great day everyone! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  11:30:56 AM  Show Profile
10 years ago, my marriage of 20 years ended - it was a good thing. I've done a lot of growing and changing since then. I'm 57 and would love to have a love relationship. I find myself wondering if I will ever find anyone again and then remember that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be at this moment. If it is supposed to happen, it will happen in the fullness of time.

Enjoy your new journey!

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

36paws20hooves
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Danielle
Weirsdale Florida
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  3:54:39 PM  Show Profile
MAN!!! Do I know where you are coming from!!! I was married for 2 years... he spent every penny "I" earned... (I worked). I finally left... left everything behind. Took my clothes, my dog, and my 2 horses. I left him to see how it felt to work hard for once. I started over with a clean slate. Bought my land, established a bigger house and now am the proud owner of Second Chance Ranch. It is tough sometimes. No let me rephrase that it is down right difficult sometimes. Heck just the other day I got my hair (that goes past my butt) wrapped in the barbed wire fence with the feed bucked in my hand... oh yeah I forgot to mention I was on the SAME SIDE as the 2 cows and 1 BULL!! Well I am thankful I have a great set neighbors that will help me when 1) the well goes out. 2) I had to hand dig a 8ft hole to bury my Belgian (the tractor would only get us so far). Yes sometimes it is hard but there are SOOOOOOOOOO MANY days I sit on my front deck and say MAN!! this is MINE... ALL MINE!!! It is going to take someone DANG special for me to open up and share with them. WHEW!!! I miss you guys I'm starting to feel better already!

I'm so busy I don't know if I just found a rope or lost my horse!
Go to Top of Page

CountryLisa72
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Lisa

58 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  05:53:42 AM  Show Profile
Ya;
I left with about $400 in my pocket and am now living in a room for $175/wk...Thank goodness I have my phone that has internet for now...I have been watching movies cause I have no tv or computer..
But been trying to keep my spirits up..
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  07:53:09 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, It will get better...I was where you are now about 10 yrs ago. But now I am married (5yrs) and in a place I have always dreamed of..Keep your head up and we are all here for you if you ever need to talk never hesitate...
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  9:15:04 PM  Show Profile
I was married for 20 years also and have been divorced now for 11. Worked hard to finish raising my two boys, who are now grown and married. We have a wonderful relationship. Sometimes I just don't think I have "room" for a man. I have found that it isn't always easy being single, but there are certainly worse things. My life is good and I do many things just because I can. :o) It took a while to figure out who I was on my own, not the same person I was before marriage - but who I am now. Since I found Farmgirls, I realize that everything I'm going through, someone else is or has - there is so much support here!

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Today well lived makes every yesterday a memory of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any single farmgirls? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page