Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Do you hang your laundry out while it is snowing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you hang your laundry out while it is snowing? Next Topic  

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  05:17:09 AM  Show Profile
I do and my family thinks I'm nuts. However, my electric bill is at the lowest it's ever been.

Farmgirl #800
http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  05:39:56 AM  Show Profile
snow? Whats snow? lol

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13573 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13573 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  06:37:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Yup, I do. The only thing would be if is something I need right away and can't wait for it to dry . . then it's the dryer.

Even in winter, because this is high altitude, dry climate, stuff dries fairly quickly.
Of course, not today. We are having the MOST UNUSUAL weather . . . RAIN for the last 3 days!!! Started with snow, then warmed up and has rained and rained>
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  09:17:43 AM  Show Profile
i hung mine all summer and loved it rain or shine- when i tried to dry indoors a few weeks ago the dryer had putzed so i bought a (kinda small folding ) rack and have been hanging inside- mom bought me a bigger rack for my early Chrtistmas gift )--so now i am good to go but i don't see why i couldn't hang outdoors- taht blowin in the wind makes things so much fresher than just hanging in the living room!!!!
glad i'm not the only one who is nuts!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  09:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Since my new place doesn't have a washer let alone a dryer, it looks like I'm gonna have to. Except for unmentionables, brrrrr!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  10:57:23 AM  Show Profile
I remember mom doing that in freezing weather. The laundry was forzen stiff but smelled SO good :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  3:08:24 PM  Show Profile
This is a topic close to my heart! I LOVE to hang out my clothes, and was absolutely THRILLED to find that our 'new' old farmhouse came with it's very own clothesline........albeit one strung from tree to tree! I was raised hangin' out my clothes, as was my Mom and my Grandma. It is so relaxing and enjoyable to to hang out - I saw my first woodpecker here while doing so.

Anyhoot, I hang mine out all year round as long it's going to be above freezing and dry. Haven't had many days like that in the last few weeks though as it's been in the 20's here. But on days I know it'll warm up later - I'll hang it out early in the morning and come home to sweet smellin' heaven on the line.......

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  4:08:48 PM  Show Profile
Yep. I love hanging laundry. If it's icy, I'll drape things over the laundry rack on the back porch or put it in the living room.. I have a huge one that holds two loads of clothes I got at Ikea a few years ago. It was a great investment! If I run a late wash, I'll put the clothes on the rack and turn the ceiling fan on low. By morning they are completely dry. :)

Karin

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
www.athreadofred.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  8:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Yep! Not much choice in the matter. When it gets so cold I can't stand it, I take my things to the laundromat or hang them on clothes bars. Nothing like freeze drying ;)
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you hang your laundry out while it is snowing? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page