Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  08:17:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls - just have to share, in case this happens to anyone else besides me this holiday season...

Yes, my Mom is BRILLIANT. Yesterday when I was in the middle of baking for Christmas (finally!), the heating element of my oven went kaput. I had a wonderfully rich chocolate rum cake and a pan of bar cookies in there, and they were fading fast. Unable to think clearly, I called my Mom in a panic, and, of course, Her Excellency knew exactly what to do! Without even batting an eye, she asked me if I still had my roaster... BING! The light went on! My roaster can be used as an oven, and I had completely forgotten! In no time at all the roaster was heated up to temperature, and my cake was saved. She also had me put the cookie dough sheet in the fridge until my husband was able to find a new heating element for me. The angels were with us - a great little Mom & Pop repair shop that we have used over the years was closed, but "Mom & Pop" were there anyway, and more than happy to help us! Cookies saved!!! Bells rung - "Mom & Pop" received their angel wings! I am pretty sure my Mom did, too! *<|;)}

My Mom saved the day! God bless Moms... Especially mine... She's BRILLIANT!!!

Merry Christmas!

Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 20 2010 08:19:22 AM

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  08:24:28 AM  Show Profile
Yay mom!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  09:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Mom's are awesome!
hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic My Mom is BRILLIANT! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page