Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 wisdom of the older generation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic wisdom of the older generation Next Topic  

jdbivins
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Janice
Elmore City ok
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Send jdbivins a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday was a sad day for my husbands family. His 78 year old aunt Laura was buried after an unexpected health problem that resulted in her death. She went in the Hospital not knowing what was wrong with her. She had called on Saturday to invite us over for Thanksgiving Dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. I had had shoulder surgery the week before. We declined due to my Mom being by herself if we went. I am the only living child and my Dad passed away over 7 years ago. Then that next night, Sunday night, her son had to take her to the hospital. They ended up taking a 1/3 of her small intestine due to a hernia. She didn't get better, and finally, due to insurance not wanting to pay, they moved her to a Specialty Hospital. While there, she had a discharge coming from her incision, they tried to take her to the local hospital but the surgeon said he wasn't touching her to send her back to where they did the first surgery. The rest of her intestines had basically died from the hernia cutting off the blood supply. She had holes in her colon releasing toxins in abdomin. She went in the hospital 11/20/2010 and died January 4, 2011. She is in Heaven with her husband and 2 sisters and mom and dad. That is great but we miss her so much.
We have vowed to spend more time with his other 3 aunts and 3 uncles and not think we have all the time in the world to do that later on.
Hopefully we have learned a hard lesson, love them while they are here and spend time with them.

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9270 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9270 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  6:45:18 PM  Show Profile
Janice,
So sorry for your loss. I am sure your aunt was very special to you. I think it is a good idea to stop and think about things such as this if only to remind us that we need to work on relationships so that we have good memories of our loved ones. That is not to say every minute spent together will be perfect, because after all we are all human and we fail each other's expectations but we should try to treat each other the way we would want to be treated to the best of our ability.
I hope that the memories of your aunt will carry you through the feelings of loss.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  7:51:35 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry, Janice. That's such a hard thing to have to go through. I'm going to pray for you all. I think Denise's words carry a lot of wisdom. Please don't punish yourself. I, too, pray that you and your loved ones will find great comfort in the memories of your aunt. Our loved ones always continue to live in our hearts and memories; and the stories shared in laughter and even through tears will definitely bring you closer with those who remain. Warm hug - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 08 2011 10:47:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  8:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Janice: God be with you......I lost my mom just before Christmas. I am so sorry for you and your family. I've had 5 shoulder surgeries and I know what that feels like too. Consider yourself gently hugged. Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  07:28:32 AM  Show Profile
I have recently reconnected with some aunts, an uncle and cousins. Life is short and I am grateful to be able to let these people know how very much I enjoy and cherish all our family memories. The aunts, and uncle are in their late 80s, 90s.

Blessings, Linda

http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic wisdom of the older generation Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page