Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Tincture Question Next Topic  

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  07:13:52 AM  Show Profile
I drink a passionflower teabag and a chammomile teabag steeped together everyday for stress relief. I am almost out of passionflower teabags and I have to order them and they take a long time to get here. Can I add passionflower tincture to hot tea instead? I am not sure if the heat will affect the tincture.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com

Graycat
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Grayce
Great Falls Montana
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  09:54:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello!
I also like to dring Passionflower tea and would like to offer what I know.... You may use tincture, add it to the hot water. If it is an alcohol tincture, the alcohol will evaporate off and the plant qualitites remain. I have to look up what happens with a glycerin tincture, although I believe the same as above. The glycerinc tincture will be sweeter. Start with a few drops of tincture to the cup of tea. Note what reactions you may get. Check if the tincture has any directions, usually they say; add two-three drops or as needed.
I am going to plant indoor Passionflower this year, so I have it at hand. There are many tropical varieties, so I have to find "the one." I will post when I get it started and when things get going I will have seeds to send out for others!
Have you tried Skullcap? I like to mix the two, Passionflower and Skullcap are a great combo. for nerve pain and muscle spasms.
Hope this helps!
Graycat
Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  06:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Graycat - Thanks so much - My tincture is alcohol based. Let me know when you figure out what variety of passionflower to plant.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Tincture Question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page