Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  10:45:05 AM  Show Profile
OK. Sorry that I've been out of pocket, but had doctor visits! I am going to be in Edmond next Thursday, but I can make a trip any other day that is convenient. I can bring pastry cloths with me if you all will tell me what size you want. Marsha, I'll be giving you a call here in a bit and Chris, it would be great if you could join us. The address for the tea room is 2118 W. Edmond Road (which is also 2nd street). From Broadway Extension, you go all the way into Edmond to 2nd street and turn left or west. You will go quite a ways out beyond most of the stores and past several housing editions and you will see it on your left. It is just east of Santa Fe. If you get to the Santa Fe stop light, you've gone too far. From I-35 you take the Edmond 2nd street exit where the huge cross is and turn west. Go all the way down second, cross Broadway and keep going until you see it on your left just before Santa Fe. Time anybody?

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  3:05:24 PM  Show Profile
There you are! Hope all went well at the Dr. I have my art class at Paseo on Thursdays at 12:45 for two hours I think. So thurs morning or afternoon would work. Sorry to throw in time restrictions.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.
Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  09:33:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi! Got busy yesterday and didn't make it back to the computer- sorry. Mary Beth, I'll decide on size and let you know this weekend. I will be coming and going to the farm from tonight until next Wed., so Thur. or Fri. next week, but the following week, Wed. would be the only day I couldn't meet. I would love to meet you all there, but if the time doesn't work out for me, maybe we could plan another trip later. Don't want to disrupt your plans at all. The tea room is open from 11 am to 4 pm and their site recommends reservations. Marsha, what art class are you taking? I was considering the pottery class this fall. I sling plenty of clay around the farm on the weekends, so I thought maybe I should sling some around in town, too! Hugs, Chris

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".
Matthew 11:28

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  10:33:46 AM  Show Profile
Chris I started an oil painting class that is ongoing with Mary Grabow. I really enjoyed my first class; fun ladies with lots of things in common. There is a neat pottery store/studio on Paseo. I have wanted to make ceramic beads and findings. I have way too many hobbies!

Mary Beth will check your website for the different sizes.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.
Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  10:41:12 AM  Show Profile
That's me too - way too many hobbies. Luckily, I have a wonderful dh who totally supports them and sometimes participates in them. I tried glass blowing a few years ago. Didn't work out so well. Those supplies may be sold or swapped out when we move in a couple of years. I enjoy working with all kinds of fabric the most. 1/12 scale miniatures is my second love.

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  11:00:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh I have always loves miniatures, but don't have much display room. My DH supports my hobbies, but with some eye rolling. I have made a goal and hopefully will be able to make enough to support my hobby addiction at least. There is a neat website www.Dailypaintworks.com (omg, spellcheck changed to "sailfish twirls!") I am thinking about joining; they have auctions with reasonable prices for original work. It's $10. a month to join, if I sold only one $25. painting a month I would come out ahead. It would keep me focused. But first, classes to brush up my hand skills and confidence. Let me know if you check into the pottery thang. I would be interested in a short workshop.

Mary Beth is an artist too, correct?

Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  1:19:55 PM  Show Profile
What style of painting are you doing? landscapes, portraits, objects? My hairdresser dabbles in painting. I can barely paint by number in the lines, but there are plenty of times I wished I could paint. I think I would paint my pets. They only way I could do it now would be if I actually painted the pet with craft paint! Don't think any of them would like it much. I have a gnome home started based on the book "Gnomes" by Wil Huygen. I love "The Secret Art of Dr. Suess" and JRR Tolkien's work (not the people who illustrated his books, but his actual art). Letter From Father Christmas is a favorite. Love Klimt and Edward Gorey. Randall Spangler is at the Paseo Art Festival every year and we try to buy one of his paintings then - cats or dragons!

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  3:08:26 PM  Show Profile
I have done portraits, very challenging. But will start with still-lifes. Landscapes are harder for me; cause I havent taken a class. Pet Portraits are fun! I have joined www.wetcanvas.com, they had a pet portrait swap. These are little bitty pieces. Have you heard of Artists Trading Cards? ATCs or ACEO's? Can't remember what that one stands for... Artist cards originals. Anyway they are the size of a playing card or sometimes a postcard; so not a big time commitment. I haven't gotten all of mine sent out or uploaded. If you would like to see some you can go to www.webshots.com and search for Osagegypsy and look in my artwork album. Some are better than other; you have to allow yourself to make "bad" art or you won't ever make any art.

Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  3:30:52 PM  Show Profile
I have seen the ATC's. Even thought of trading some, but have never followed through. I love altered art. Have tried a little some, especially the altered books. I like dollmaking, but not the cutsey dolls, more of the primitive type as well as other primitive stuff - fake food, ornies, fabric postcards. I'd like to do a quilted pet portrait - use a blow up of a pet, outline the images to translate to fabric and make a wall hanging or such. I use quilting as an addition to fabric art, not necessary a whole quilt. Too much time to make one. I just don't want to take months to make something. I admire those that do, it's just not me. A pet portrait swap would be fun. I've been in miniature swaps on yahoo groups. I will got to the webshot site and look for your things. Love to look at things like that. Gives me inspiration!

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  4:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Whew! What a day. Been all over the place from MWC to Yukon and then El Reno and back. Sat with a friend of mine who had to put her dear, 15 year old puppy to sleep today. Very sad.

And it's HOT!!!! The traffic was yucky and the heat was yuckier. But I'm back and rested and looking forward to the weekend.

My appointment is at 10 am and again at 10:45 so I could probably be at the tea room around 11:15am. I can call and make reservations if you would like. Chris, would you be able to make it on Thursday morning?

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  5:20:49 PM  Show Profile
Yes, 11:15 would be great. Thanks! Oh, the size for the pastry cloth is 18x24. Off to the dark sky for a bit of stargazing. Will be back in touch sometime this weekend. Happy 4th! Hugs, Chris

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  6:46:03 PM  Show Profile
Hmm well that will only give me an hour or so before I would have to leave for my class. Maybe I can start the class later, I will check.

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  6:49:57 PM  Show Profile
OK, Marsha. Also, if you and Chris wanted to get there at 11, the you all could visit and order and I'll just get there when I can.

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  6:54:56 PM  Show Profile
That will work. We can just stagger ourselves and hopefully get together again soon for a crafty event or a longer chat. I may have another Farmgirl lined up too from Harrah.

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  7:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Sounds good. I can't wait. This will be so much fun! You will love the tea room. Do you want me to make reservations for 11?

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  8:29:59 PM  Show Profile
Yes if it is that popular. Probably for four, in case our Harrah girl makes it.

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  05:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Okie Doke! Will call this morning.

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  07:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Happy 4th of July! Hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday. Looking forward to meeting you Thursday. Hugs, Chris

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  07:24:48 AM  Show Profile
Happy 4th to you too! Looking forward to it myself!! :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  2:37:03 PM  Show Profile
Just letting you know girls, that the reservations have been made and they are under the name of Mary Beth White. I will try to be there by 11, but go on and get your table and I will catch up to you when I get there! :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  3:55:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary Beth!

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  3:57:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary Beth! Now should we wear roses in our teeth?

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  4:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm. Good point. A flower and a copy of Pride and Prejudice?? :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  6:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Would Tom Hanks show up then? Thanks for making the reservations Mary Beth.

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  7:41:22 PM  Show Profile
You know, I didn't even think to tell you all what the prices are at the tea room. You can go online to http://www.inspirationstearoom.com/forms/menuinspirations.pdf for the menu. Lunch usually runs around 13 - 16 dollars. I hope that's ok.

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Because the Strawberries are In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page