Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 What's vintage in your kitchen?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What's vintage in your kitchen? Next Topic
Page: of 8

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  08:17:39 AM  Show Profile
ME!!!

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

DirtMomma
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Heather
Framingham MA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  09:14:58 AM  Show Profile
I have a cast iron pan, cast iron dutch oven, a wooden rolling pin that belonged to my hubby's late-great aunt, an enamelware double-boiler, and an Ecko Best egg beater. :)

Heather (aka. Dirt Momma)
http://dirtmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

Montana.woman
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Donna
Renton WA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  7:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Montana.woman a Yahoo! Message
I have a wood hamburger press that belong to my grandmother and one of he cast iron skillets. Love them both, I don't use the hamburger press I have it hanging in my kitchen but the skillet all the time.

Montana.woman FG #5398
Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  1:40:05 PM  Show Profile
I have my grandmother's old mixer. This things is so heavy and I can barely hold it up.

STYX the Band rocks!
Support your local organic farmer.www.localharvest.org
Monsanto you Stink!!
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  2:15:16 PM  Show Profile

I forgot about my lovely butter churn. It was given to me through a barter: I fixed a sewing machine in an antique shop and they gave me this awesome butter churn. They said it was from Scotland. All I know is that it makes butter. My poor kids....I made them churn some butter for our Thanksgiving dinner. Thought homemade would taste better and boy! it sure did.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  03:48:42 AM  Show Profile
I have a mission table in the center of my little kitchen that acts as an island of sorts. ALso a rush seat ladderback chair. And if vintage is 1985, I have a pine hutch country cabinet that holds cookbooks and towels. I prefer old to new any day!

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  7:04:44 PM  Show Profile

An emerald green fruit bowl that I know is over 50 years old...belonged to my mother...

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4848 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4848 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  7:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Judy, That sounds so Beautiful and Special!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  7:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Connie,

It is beautiful...just made me think...I have 2 plates of Jesus standing at the door knocking and The Lords Supper...the kind that hangs on the wall embossed on the outer rim with gold and a deviled egg plate that was my moms also...wish I had asked where she got them...I must have been too busy being rotten tail to think of something like that:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

THERE IS ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR...

Farm Girl #5440

Edited by - wildflower17 on Oct 31 2013 7:35:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  9:02:30 PM  Show Profile
I have several vintage items in the kitchen but my favorites are an original Red Ridinghood Cookie Jar that my mother and her brothers and sisters bought my grandmother (their mother of course) when they were children. They did chores around the town to make the $2.50 it cost (75 years ago) and I have the last surviving dinner plate from my mom and dad's first set of china. It has a violet pattern and gold trim. I had been signed up with Replacements.com and had finally found a whole set of the very same china. I was planning to get it for them for their 68th wedding anniversary next March but Dad passed away about 3 weeks ago.

www.facebook.com/victoriascottagebakery

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  06:24:12 AM  Show Profile

Victoria,

Sounds so beautiful...maybe you could still purchase it and keep it as a sweet remembrance of all the wonderful years they had together...I love keeping anything that my parents had...I have some letters that my mom and dad wrote to each other when he was in WWII before they were married...treasures I wouldn't take anything for...

Hugs!

Judy

THERE IS ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR...

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

IdahoShamrock
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Kathy
Hayden Idaho
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  07:53:23 AM  Show Profile
Isn't vintage wonderful to use? It always makes me think of who owned/used it before me and I wonder who she was and what she made...My fave vintage in my kitchen is my sink drainboard. I found it at the local Restore for $50.It is from the 40s and is meant to be bolted to a metal cabinet base. Those metal cabinets run about $2500 now. My dear sweet hubby, after having a fit about the 'old piece of crap' I wanted to drag into the house, actually built a new counter top that fit it. I love being able to take a hot pan or dish from the stove and set it on the drainboard. It is awesome for canning season and cleans up so marvellously. Whoever designed sinks for the 1940s certainly understood homecooking and food preservation better than the sink designers of today!

Farmgirl #2125

www.dustbincards.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Crow
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Peggy
Millinocket Maine
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  04:37:43 AM  Show Profile
I have my Great Grandmother's teapot that has/had a music box in the bottom that plays Tea for Two. The music box needs to be replaced or fixed but she used to have tea parties with me and we used that pot. :) I also have her Depression Glass dishes. Pink ones. My grandmother said they used to buy them at the Five and Ten stores. Someday I will have a china keeper to put them in. Other than that the only other vintage thing I can think of is me. haha.

Choose Joy :)
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  2:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Amanda,

ya list your blogspot, yet says we must be invited guest :-( I also had no way to email ya thru MJF :-(
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE TITLE OF YOUR BLOGSPOT :-)
Let me know if can read it.

Texas size Farmgirl Hugs !

Jami Bolton
# 5876 HunnysHen :-)

Farmgirl Sister # 5876
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2014 :  8:41:10 PM  Show Profile
A homemade rolling pin that has been used so much it has a beautiful patina created by rolling out pie dough I am guessing. It is a smooth as a baby's bottom. I love it. I also have a hand mixer you turn by hand, crocks, vintage dark blue speckled roasters, a pie plate that was mother inlaw's and some corning ware with the blue flower on it.
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  02:45:32 AM  Show Profile
Love that!!

quote:
Originally posted by embchicken

I am so lucky - I have my grandmother's vintage fiesta ware bowls. I remember being a little girl and watching her make all sorts of delightful things for us to eat using those bowls!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  02:47:01 AM  Show Profile
I have a few things from my grandmother's kitchen...her mixing bowls, ironstone, and a few kitchen tools like a hand mixer and rolling pin. Most of these things she got at yard sales probably, but every time I look at or use them , I think of her.
Go to Top of Page

lucky1
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Liz
Homer OH
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  05:06:25 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! Getting back into posting...have been away too long and have missed spending time here. One of my dear friends is so generous--whenever she redecorates her home, she offers me the furniture and other items she doesn't want anymore, and several pieces have made it into my kitchen. I love the old jelly cabinet that holds my cookbooks, teapot and tea cups--pre-1840's, and also the dry sink beneath one of my windows (more teacups, and ceramic canisters holding lots of dark chocolate). I'm also thrilled to look at an old green wooden-handled chopper that I use to mince herbs. Sweet! Thanks for the chance to chime in!

If the only prayer you say in your entire life is "thank you", that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  05:00:08 AM  Show Profile
You know Farmgirls,,, what is funny, is that I still have things that were my mothers and now my daughter is doing the very same thing,,,she said to me the other day...."...mirror, mirror on the wall I am my mother after all.." we both laughed,,,I am selling my husbands and mine whole estate because of him he passing on, I just want to start afresh and she is looking at things that she wants to add to her "mother stash"....that is good...

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~*Terri*~~
Life is too short, it is just a vapor, live it like you wont have another minute with the ones you love......
http://thecontentedwomannow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  05:00:55 AM  Show Profile
You know Farmgirls,,, what is funny, is that I still have things that were my mothers and now my daughter is doing the very same thing,,,she said to me the other day...."...mirror, mirror on the wall I am my mother after all.." we both laughed,,,I am selling my husbands and mine whole estate because of him he passing on, I just want to start afresh and she is looking at things that she wants to add to her "mother stash"....that is good...

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~*Terri*~~
Life is too short, it is just a vapor, live it like you wont have another minute with the ones you love......
http://thecontentedwomannow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  12:42:39 PM  Show Profile
I have some crocks, mason jars and some utensils that are vintage

Love many, trust few. Always paddle your own canoe
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  05:35:39 AM  Show Profile
I have an old gas stove from the 1930s that I found in the mountains of north Georgia. It is in fairly good shape on the outside but the bottom is rusted badly so would have to be repaired to use the oven part. There are 3 gas burners on the top , currently covered, that can be connected to propane gas. The little match holder on the wall beside the stove , the garlic ceramic covered bowl and the spice rack on the top shelf belonged to my Mom and was used in our home growing up until mom got an electric stove. I love looking at this little stove and wondering what stories it could tell. It is also fun to decorate up for the seasons to add a bright spot in my kitchen to enjoy.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  1:34:18 PM  Show Profile
I have a Hoosier cabinet, some vintage cookbooks and an old dinner bell.
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  5:13:49 PM  Show Profile
Asiyah's post reminded me that an old cowbell sits on my hutch in the kitchen. It came from my Dad's family farm, and our Mom used it to call us in for supper when I was a little girl. I also have my grandmother's double boiler (does anyone besides me still use one?!) and her big old tin colander. From my great-grandmother, a china tea set. My favorite treasures!

Amy

In every life there is a story, in every story there is a song.

www.danaherandcloud.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  1:45:35 PM  Show Profile
I have my grandma's (born in 1895) two-piece cabinet (over 100 yrs. old now), her syrup pitcher, measuring cup, sifter, frying pan (not cast iron), and various other things including a set of glasses that belonged to her stepmother. Also a set of glasses that belonged to my mother (passed away in 1953 when I was 6), her cookie jar, griddle, some utensils, etc., other things that belonged to my stepmother, and a pre-1930 kitchen stove. I'm not really into 'new.' My whole house is filled with heart-treasures -- having been the only living member of my original family since I was 31, they seem to keep all those folks a bit closer. It's not the things, but the lives they witnessed.

Wanda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What's vintage in your kitchen? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page