Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 maybe I'm missing something....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic maybe I'm missing something.... Next Topic  

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  08:23:27 AM  Show Profile
I got the Maryjane's Ideabook, cookbook, lifebook from the library and I'm really enjoying it and will probably buy it but one thing I've noticed, especially in the stitching section. There are a lot of cute ideas that don't include patterns or instructions (one that comes to mind is the super cute dishtowel dresses, or the dishrags sewn together to make pants etc for gifts, or the doilies...). Am I missing something? Are the instructions in the stitching room book? Are they anywhere or do I just have to find them on my own? I'm just curious because all the great pictures got me wanting to make those things and I can't find directions :). Based on the other sections it seems this book is more of a launching pad to get you going finding more information in whatever subject you choose so maybe that is the case with these, just ideas to get your creative juices flowing and go find the patterns somewhere else? Just wondered :).

Thanks
Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6480 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6480 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  09:25:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sabrina, I am sorry but I do not know the answer to your question but I am sure there is a farmgirl out there that does.
I just returned from Savannah on the 15th, my son and I were visiting friends. We lived in Savannah for 10 years when my husband was in the military. He retired in 1996 when we moved to Colorado. We loved Savannah and were so happy to be back especially my son as he graduated from Savannah High in 1994. Many changes but it is still the Savannah we know and love and it is home.
Wish I would have known you lived there I would have tried to hook up with you for lunch. I love to meet farmgirls.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  10:19:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie, we are here with military also. Been here about 2.5 years so far. Glad you had a good trip, who knows maybe another time we will have the opportunity!
Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  1:16:33 PM  Show Profile
I'm getting that book in a few days, so I will take a gander and see! :)

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  5:24:22 PM  Show Profile
i have the stitching room --its a great book but does not have the patterns you ask about...

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  1:48:36 PM  Show Profile
I would like those patterns too or at least know where to find them. I noticed that too....

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  3:18:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sabrina! Did you try emailing Carol? I bet she would know the answer to that. If you click on her profile you can send an email direct to her. She did the correction for the apron in the ideabook for this forum. Hope that helps!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  12:31:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sabrina,
The only ideas that don't have patterns in the Stitching Room section of MaryJane's Ideabook are those three you mentioned. The LongJohn Socks are pretty much self-explanatory. For the arms on the socks, just push the foot of a sock into the top of another sock and sew it onto the two socks that are sewn together using buttons, as shown. For the kitchen britches, simply look at the photos and get out your needle and thread! We don't have a pattern for the elaborate crochet dishcloth dresses, other than the simple crochet one in the sidebar. If you find a pattern for one of those darlings, let us know. But for all the rest of the ideas, there are a lifetime of patterns/instructions included in that section.
Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  5:03:11 PM  Show Profile
http://www.maggiescrochet.com/premium-vintage-potholders-p-1682.html

there are 2 cute little dressy crocheted aprons here,maybe you would like one of them?

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  3:29:16 PM  Show Profile
oh cute! Thanks. I've been looking and looking and not having much luck finding anything so far :) Annie's attic does put out some but I think she calls them potholders so not sure if they are quite the same (the pic I found was really tiny and I couldn't tell).

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  3:31:28 PM  Show Profile
I have to finish projects I'm working on before I could do this though LOL, gotta finish this dishcloth for my badge then get to working on the kids Christmas gifts (crocheted, sewn and felted-I have to learn to felt...), have to make a moby-type wrap before the baby gets here in dec.....make a button something for that badge, make a beginner sewing kit for sydney for her birthday (and for that badge requirement :)....after all that I might have time to make these :). Of course by then I'll have a baby so maybe not....

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic maybe I'm missing something.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page