Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 I LOVE the MJF Budget mix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic I LOVE the MJF Budget mix Next Topic  

dprovence
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Debbie
Little Rock AR
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  5:25:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies.

I just wanted to take a minute to rave about the Budget mix! I started out slow and ordered a sampler that included one pkg of the budget mix and used it to make biscuits for my family last week. They only took 20 minutes from start to hot out of the oven and there wasn't a single one left over!! (we almost fought over the last one! LOL) Being a sceptic, I thought that "other" biscuit mix is just as good so I made a pan of those Sunday. Well guess what? They were not as good as the MJF ones and I fed 4 of the left over ones to the birds who frequent my back yard. Yesterday I received my "bulk" budget mix and made a batch for supper tonight and again they were woofed down with much enthusiasm!!!! (did I spell that right?) If you haven't tried the budget mix you are really missing out on a super easy and very tasty treat! The biscuits are amazing! I can't wait to try a bakeover and I am going to order a larger size of the budget mix asap!

Debbie
Farmgirl Sister #2636
Life is short, eat desert first!

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  8:30:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Debbie- wait until you make the pizza crust with the budget mix! It's so good! And so much easier than waiting for dough to rise!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  8:44:24 PM  Show Profile
The pizza crust is great!!

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

dprovence
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Debbie
Little Rock AR
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  06:58:16 AM  Show Profile
Alee - I can't wait to try the pizza that is next on my list then a bakeover. I can't believe it is sooo easy!

Debbie
Farmgirl Sister #2636
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  9:40:05 PM  Show Profile
WOW! I just ordered the tote bag special and tried the budget mix. I made crepes for breakfast and boy did my family go hog wild! I was even "Forced" into making them for dessert too!
I have a feeling I will be looking for lots more of this in bulk next time. So good, and so easy!
Thanks MaryJane for enriching my life in yet another unexpected way!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403
PS- Lest I forget to mention that the tote bag is absolutely gorgeous- love the fabric and so proud to carry it around town with me!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  04:57:54 AM  Show Profile
I think I'm going to get some this month! I'm super excited to try the mix and the pesto fry bread!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  07:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Megan- You will love it!! I just made waffles this morning using the budget mix pancake recipe. They are awesome! And so easy. Just mix it up with some milk,egg and sugar and viola!! Waffles!! I think it took me all of 3 minutes.

Another thing I love with the budget mix is that you can make awesome cupcakes and monkeybread (pull apart bread). And the bakeovers are a great way to pull together the "little bits" of veggie and meat or what not that seem to accumulate right before the next shopping trip!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  04:17:56 AM  Show Profile
I got the mix!@ I made biscuits with it the other day; they were incredibly yummy. I'll have to try waffles this week. DH loves waffles for breakfast.

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  07:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love the budget mix! We buy it in bulk and I never regret it! It is one of those things that is a staple and I feel good knowing that I am giving Nora something healthy without missing the precious time we get together. It is a huge help in our "hurry hurry" schedule!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  10:26:54 AM  Show Profile
I followed the recipe for waffles, and they stuck in the waffle maker-I've got one that has lights that tell you when the waffle is done-and the waffle was WAY done and STILL stuck in the no-stick waffle maker. I brushed butter on the no-stick waffle maker and it STILL stuck. Has anyone else had this problem?

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  12:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Megan- Your waffle maker sound like mine and had to test mine out a few times to find the right time on it. I didn't have any sticking problems with mine- did you let yours preheat long enough? Another thought would be to add just a smidge more budget mix to your recipe. Elevation can play a weird role as to whether things will stick or not.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  3:15:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh man. I made PB cookies yesterday from the recipe in the booklet-TO DIE FOR. I halved the recipe, and used crisco...the cookies were so chewy and wonderful!!! And Alee, I think that I figured out the problem with my waffle batter-I used a normal sized egg this time and it isn't sticking. Last time I remember I had used a rather large egg!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  8:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That makes sense Megan!! I am so glad you figured out the sticking issue!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  2:50:59 PM  Show Profile
But Alee, you NEED to make those PB cookies. They're outta this WORLD!

Go to Top of Page

AmyDe
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Amy
Austell GA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  7:15:28 PM  Show Profile
I just ordered one box of the budget mix (trying to stay WITHIN the budget) the recipe magazine and a box of chillOver. Now I am already seeing that I will soon be buying budget mix in bulk. I usually make things from scratch, but since this is organic AND whole wheat I see more of it in my future.

Thank you for the great posts and ideas. I cannot wait to try pizza dough (and biscuits, and pancakes, and...)

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  7:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy- Definitly! Once you try the budget mix it really opens up a lot of doors, doesn't it? It is so great and flexible!! It cuts my baking time in half easily which is great since Nora's attention span can be quite small on some days!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

AmyDe
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Amy
Austell GA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  1:38:11 PM  Show Profile
I am looking forward to exploring the possibilities. I just got email notification that "You're order has shipped!" While I hate shipping food products cross country I feel the greater nutrition, ease of use, and support of a cottage industry that I believe in merits the miles. Now, if only I could find a way to live my summers in Seattle (it's 97 here today)...
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  3:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Amy!! I think it is just barely 65 degrees here!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

LightGreenThumb
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Elizabeth
Spokane WA
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  9:53:48 PM  Show Profile
I just got my budget mix last night. I ordered it on Tuesday and it was on the front porch when I got home. Can't wait to start creating from the recipes in the book! It's been good weather for baking; a high of only 64 in Spokane today, usually it's much warmer by June.

Elizabeth <><
Farmgirl #3091

Simplicity is Beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  06:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Elizabeth- I hope you love it as much as I do! It's become a staple in our kitchen. I buy it in bulk and always order more when I get halfway down. We ran out once and I don't ever want that to happen again!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  07:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Where on this website do you go to see these products. I was interested in the budget mix and wanted to see a list of ingredients. Thanks.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  3:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Linda. If you go to the Food Panty section of our Products page you can choose between a whole bunch of different offerings. Here is a quick link for you: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/categories/food-pantry.asp

If you have any questions feel free to call or email.

~Brian

BrianOgle@maryjanesfarm.org
888-750-6004

Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MaryJanesFarm
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  4:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Brain. I will check it out.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  12:50:30 PM  Show Profile
I just got a sampler pack with the Budget mix, ChillOver powder and two other instant things and I can't wait to try them all out! I can't wait to try a BakeOver!!!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  05:30:38 AM  Show Profile
I made the cupcake recipe today, but I made it into a coffeecake-just dumped the cupcake batter in a greased 9 x 13 and put streusel topping on top.

TO DIE FOR. It is so, so yummy. I will be making this as my "go to" 9 x 13 cake from now on for potlucks and whatnot. I don't think it's dense enough to make 2 rounds with frosting in the middle...but maybe by adding sour cream it would make it heavier. I'll have to try that. This is so moist-it doesn't even need frosting!

Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic I LOVE the MJF Budget mix Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page