neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  07:36:24 AM  Show Profile
Michele I know what you're saying about taking a break from time to time. I get so into it I end up with stuff sitting everywhere and a bit overwhelmed. It's an addiction, love those awesome bargains. I got these adorable vintage jade green horses yesterday for $4 and this gorgeous lace pattern bowl. It's so fragile, I hope I don't break it, I'm like a bull in a China shop!

Farmgirl #522
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  08:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Scored two nice heavy aluminum deck tables last night. FREE they need to be sanded and repainted. and we will have two very nice side table.
i love it when the students move out, they get rid of so much neat stuff.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  9:08:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry but I am chuckling at you girls and your vintage suitcases. When we were married 51 years ago we had a brand new set of Samsonite suitcases. We thought they were great until we went on our honeymoon and realized that there was a convention in town and we had to walk 3 miles carring them to find a place at a hotel. Those things weighed tons before you even put anything in them. I still have the "train case" and use it for storage. I like the "new"look of suitcase storage but I can't help giggling about our experience.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  5:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Bonnie,
I totally understand what you're saying . . . there ARE many advantages to the newer luggage with wheels and adjustable handles. And, those are the ones I use when flying. These older ones are just part of our glamping gear . . . I MIGHT carry one of my made-over traincases as a carryon on the plane. But we'll see when . . .and if . . that time comes.

The squarish cream colored case above is full of my clothes for our upcoming glamping road trip. Perfect for that!!! Robin will be packing hers for that trip as well!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  3:49:48 PM  Show Profile

Hey Girls!

I got two vintage rocking chairs from my DH old family home place. They belonged to his mom and dad. With a little sanding and a fresh coat of paint...they will be my new treasures for the Summer. I love anything that has been passed down from days of old...It just has so much meaning to know you are using something that was so precious and "hard to come by" as the old folks used to say.

Hugs!

Judy

"Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 26 2013 :  4:15:40 PM  Show Profile
That's awesome Judy, you just can't beat a rocking chair on the porch....and a family heirloom at that!

Farmgirl #522
Go to Top of Page

nancypo
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

nancy
boise idaho
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  8:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Goodwill was calling my name and I found a Target Nate Berkus runner rug, brand new, for $15.00! All wool and good replacement for my $65.00 runner that was getting worn out. It's a nice, heavy wool and some details-

Be the change...

http://littlehomesteadinboise.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  1:51:21 PM  Show Profile
My cousin and I went to Anne Marie's Barn sale in May http://www.nadafarmlife.org/events
On our way home we stopped at a place and I found this cabinet for $25.00 It fits perfectly in my new sewing room.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I've lived in an urban area most my life, but now I'm living in a rural area up on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains in Southwest Wisconsin, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  5:30:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Farmgirls are also great junk-tiquers. My daughter and I have just returned from a 3-week glamping road trip. Yup, we found suitcases, linens, cowgirl boots, fluffy bathrobes (when you're glamping it's nice to cozy up in a warm robe), parts and pieces to make our glamper girl wineglasses, etc., etc.

Yup! Lots of finds!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  6:02:27 PM  Show Profile
And yet another sewing machine A singer 185 made in Canada and with my senior discount. $ 5.00

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Jun 19 2013 10:42:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

HolidayJunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Michelle
Northglenn Colorado
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  10:46:50 PM  Show Profile
We went to an estate sale on Saturday and I bough a piece of burlap, that was actually started as an apron. I used it to finish a bulletin board I'm making and it turned out perfect. I couldn't be happier with it. I also bought a box of old wrapping paper. My daughter's going to use some for art and I'll use some for scrapbooking or paper projects. She found a beautiful vintage looking perfume bottle for .50 cents. It's gorgeous and perfect for the collection she's trying to build up. They were collectors, so they had tons of Colorado posters, magazines, newspapers and such. We bought a few posters for her to also use in art projects. She walked away with some good stuff for sure!

Blog: http://confessionsofaholidayjunkie.blogspot.com/

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/holidayjunkie/
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  04:56:49 AM  Show Profile
Great finds gals! I'm hoping to find some bargains today and can't wait for yardsales this weekend, woohoo!

Farmgirl #522
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  6:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
One evening I was taking my doggie on a little "business trip" down the road and saw that our neighbor had put a used riding lawnmower out at the end of his drive with a sign that said "Free, Runs Good, Needs Battery, Don't Strip It". Well I told my hubby about it who promptly went and got it and towed it a very short distance to our driveway.

My hubby, being the repurposer, fixer-up kinda guy learned that battery only needed water in it and to be charged. However the gas tank leaked . . well, he just remodeled another one and put it on. The cushion on the seat is shot but he's found a way to work with that too.

And, he now mows most of the lawn . . . and it is a HUGE, HUGE help! It takes me about 2 1/2 hours with our regular mower and now I just use it to go around the edges and my rock gardens.

All fixed up to mow . . . cost! ZERO!
YAY!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  7:55:51 PM  Show Profile
Yay CJ! Mowed lawns are a blessing.

On our way to Basalt someone in Rico had a FREE sign by some stuff so Michael and I stopped. He got a box full of metal connectors, pipe fittings and antique railroad spikes. I got a old Mirro Percolator that has hardly been used in the box and some antique and vintage bottles/jars.

And I finally found a travel case like you have been fixing up :) Oh and some yarn to give to a friend's daughters.

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  09:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
YAY! Sharon . . . don't you just love "FREE"! :D
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  1:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Found this purple suitcase, medium sized at a thrift in excellent condition. This is one that needs no repair or refurbishing! Price tag was $2.00, but clerk charged me only $1.00. Going to give it to my glamping partner daughter!

TWO sets of two embroidered pillowcases, barely used.
One king-sized pillow case with embroidery and crochet edging.
BEAUTIFUL rectangular (small) embroidery cutwork table cover.
Total = $4.00.

I'm tickled all shades of pink . . . my daughter will love the purple suitcase too!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

NitaHand
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Nita
Grass Lake MI
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2013 :  04:40:26 AM  Show Profile
I turned an old cement mixer into the most beautiful flower planter this summer. We just got yesterday cement Dutch figurines, the boy and girl, for $20. My husband is Dutch so he paid for them!

It's All Good!
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  05:46:31 AM  Show Profile
I collect Little Golden Books. I try to stick to anything before 1980. They aren't the most valuable things to collect, but a book with a copyright pre-1960 and in good condition can be worth $12 or more. When visiting Lexington, VA for a family rendezvous (They came from Lexington, KY, and we came from Lexington Park, MD) we stopped at a road side flea market. My DH said to me, "Hey, there's some Little Golden Books in a box over there..." So I made a bee-line, and found 4 LGBs from the 1950s 3/4 were in great shape and the 4th I liked because it had my step-son's name in the title. I got them all for $3!!! I was just tickeled that my DH found them for me too!

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  09:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Erin,
My daughter is a teacher and she has wonderful collection of Little Golden Books . . . such a treasure!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

danyel
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Danyel
Robertsdale PA
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  6:39:03 PM  Show Profile
This is yard sale weekend in our home town, my family knows I am looking for cast iron, and they were able to find me several pieces of cast iron, three skillets, and a 5 1/2 quart pot with the lid! All for 15 , what a deal. could not pass that up. Now I need to season them.

Danyel

farmgirl sister 4202

one persons "junk" is another persons treasure.
I so like a good find,
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  06:55:52 AM  Show Profile
My latest finds were a box of ag books from the 30's and one of those hand operated washing machines for $5!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

nancypo
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

nancy
boise idaho
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2013 :  9:23:00 PM  Show Profile
We hit a thrift store and a "junktique" store that's we always seemed to miss and was never open. Way overpriced but I found this cute spice rack for $10.00! I think my Grandma had something similar. I cleaned it up a little and did some minor gluing-

Hubby found 3 glass insulators for $1.00 each so we bought 3. I gave them a good bath and put them on our living room window shelf--

I also found a really, nice denim blouse at another thrift store, perfect for work. Got this really pretty small casserole/serving dish marked "Mexico- No Lead" on the bottom. Really nice glazing for $3.00-

Today got some great jeans, a pair of shoes-

and sleeveless summer blouse. It's white with cute flipflops on it!

Be the change...

Go to Top of Page

nancypo
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

nancy
boise idaho
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  2:51:21 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to add- I found 3 brand new Eddie Bauer women's cotton long sleeve tops, v neck and round neck, at our Grocery Outlet. $5.00 each! Of all places, who knew? I knew they sold cheap, odd clothes but not a more name brand! I love EB stuff since it usually lasts forever! I got a beautiful periwinkle blue, buttercup yellow, and white. I'm set for fall, since I can use these alone, use vests, or sweaters...

Be the change...

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  4:44:17 PM  Show Profile
Great scores Nancy! :)