7 apples
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Ronee
Hazelwood IN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  07:26:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi I'm Ronee and I homeschool 3 out of 5 of my kids :) I have a 11,7,5,3 and 1 year old. Does anyone here homeschool?

~barefoot farmgirl Ronee,wife to one amazing apple and mommy to 5 baby apple's..
God, family and my garden are all I need in life <3
Farmgirl Sister #3103
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=538005128 add me on FB if you want to!
https://isababy.scentsy.us/Home
http://pinterest.com/7apples/
http://7applebys.wordpress.com/

Edited by - 7 apples on Dec 15 2011 07:26:52 AM

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  07:48:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ronee - I homeschool, too! You'll find a LOT of our farmgirl sisters homeschool! They are so creative and have wonderful ideas! My son has just started high school this year - SO much more work than in the past, but I wouldn't want it any other way, and neither would he! Each year we give him the option of home-, public or private school, and hands-down, homeschool is his choice! We love it! My sister-in-law homeschools all six of my neices and nephews - God bless her! She has a really cool box system she uses to help her and the kids keep organized and on top of things. I'm so amazed and impressed by those of you blessed to have more than one child to homeschool - I think you're all awesome! :) Cheers and Kudos to everyone! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  09:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ronee!
We're another homeschooling family. I've got 3 boys aged 12, 9 and 8. There are some days where I feel like our life is way too crazy, but I love it. It's been a fun ride so far!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  10:19:09 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Ronee!
You're in good company. I don't feel like I have adequate time (or patience) to homeschool my kiddos full time (I find I need that break from 7 to 2)I also tutor them on the side for a more well rounded education. We do a lot of applied learning like math in real life, finance, plant and food science, animal husbandry, homeopathic medicine for people and animals, arts and crafts- and the list goes on.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  11:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ronee, Yup I'm a homeschooler too. 5 & 4 years old. Love it.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  12:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ronee! Homeschooling here in TN also:) We have a 14 year old daughter and 11 year old son.

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  12:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
I homeschool too! Mine are 14 and 11

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  1:52:33 PM  Show Profile
I homeschool my girls just a short ways southeast of you! I have a 17, 11, and 3. Welcome to another Hoosier!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  9:00:32 PM  Show Profile
I have 4 kids...oldest graduated homeschool,14yo previously homeschooled now public schooled(but hates it),10 yo homeschooled and toddler.Do you use a curriculum? We are getting prepared use Calvert in a few weeks.If my dh says our 14yo can come back to hs'ing next year , we will probably use Lincoln Interactive.

~Tina

My main blog~ http://frontierhome.blogspot.com

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

7 apples
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Ronee
Hazelwood IN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  08:43:06 AM  Show Profile
Its so great to know I'm in good company <3

~barefoot farmgirl Ronee,wife to one amazing apple and mommy to 5 baby apple's..
God, family and my garden are all I need in life <3
Farmgirl Sister #3103
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=538005128 add me on FB if you want to!
https://isababy.scentsy.us/Home
http://pinterest.com/7apples/
http://7applebys.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

artfulsister
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Terri
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  8:10:59 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ronee,
I educated my children at home for many years and loved it. They are all older now. My oldest is in her 3rd year of uni and my son in his second. It was a very satisfying experience. We had so much fun and did so many different things.
Best wishes on your journey.
Hugs,
Terri

Every day is a new opportunity for joy!
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  09:50:37 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I homeschool our seven year old daughter.

Hens at Home is a Hen House for homeschooler if you are interested. Just send a email to Brian to join.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  07:42:36 AM  Show Profile
We homeschool too!!!! We've been at it for 7 years. Welcome!!!!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  08:07:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tina,
We used Calvert for three years. Their stuff rocks! I was actually "correspondence schooled" w/ Calvert over 30 years ago!

It is different now that everyone can homeschool, back then it was illegal, so we did the correspondence thing for a year while my folks took us on a nation-wide whirlwind tour of the country. AMAZING!

Definitely made me want to homeschool my kids. So, for the past 3 years I have been homeschooling in PA. We JUST moved to Wyoming, to a town with a population of 7. It is a serious culture shock. We homeschool our 9th grader/dual enrolled in college and just sent our 5th grader to school to "meet the neighbors". Okay, neighbors are all 30-40 miles away, but the school is a one-room school house full of ranch kids ....okay, not really full, she is in a school with 9 children from K-8th grade. We gave her the option to stay or go and she wanted to meet the kids so she could have playdates and such. Can't blame her!

We sold all the animals and are planning on restarting out here on a small ranch when the ol' farm back East sells. It is SO DIFFERENT out here. The ease of Homeschooling, the ranching (no one talks of farming out here), the environment, the sunrises, the friendly people, the oh just EVERYTHING!

It is quite an adventure. I can't wait to restart, the place we are renting has SEVERAL outbuildings, I need to talk to the landlord about what I am allowed to put in those lovely little shacks! :O)

Have a great day!
Rejena

quote:
Originally posted by blessedhomemaker

I have 4 kids...oldest graduated homeschool,14yo previously homeschooled now public schooled(but hates it),10 yo homeschooled and toddler.Do you use a curriculum? We are getting prepared use Calvert in a few weeks.If my dh says our 14yo can come back to hs'ing next year , we will probably use Lincoln Interactive.

~Tina

My main blog~ http://frontierhome.blogspot.com

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.

Sold the Farm, MOVING WEST! Here we come Wyoming, starting a ranch of sheep around the Black Hills SOON is my goal. Hubby working for the railroad. How very Western!
Go to Top of Page

osbornefarms
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Leslea
tn
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  7:07:43 PM  Show Profile
I have 3 kids 19 ,13, 3 . All are a blessing but the 3 year old was a true gift from god. Doctors just don't know what God has in store. God truely showed up and showed out on this child. I can cry just thinking about it. Anyway i really want to homeschool him but not sure if i can. I had a really hard time in school myself. But i will keep praying about it. If its his will. I will.
Go to Top of Page

MamaBulla
True Blue Farmgirl

209 Posts

Kris
Midland NC
USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  8:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey, there! We're home schooling in NC! We've got 3 boys: 9 in a few weeks, 7 and soon-to-be 5 in April. We've done it since day one and love it. I also give the kids a choice between home school and public school. So far they've all chosen home school. Personally I don't think they like the idea of having to be anywhere alert and ready to go before 8:00 a.m. LOL

Kris B.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Farmgirl Sister #3679
http://farmgirlby40.wordpress.com

Go to Top of Page

Ursula Norsedottir
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Amanda
Nebraska
37 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  06:37:57 AM  Show Profile
Going to be homeschooling next year! DS is 5, DD, is 7, DD2 is 2!

http://theblackbearden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  5:06:23 PM  Show Profile
Yes I homeschool both my boys (almost 8 and almost 9). Glad to meet you! We just moved and now we are having the "fun" of finding the homeschoolers in our new town. There's a lot of them apparently...it just takes some work to find them!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  6:14:06 PM  Show Profile
I love meeting fellow homeschoolers. If anyone would be interested in penpals for their children, let me know. Two of my boys don't like to write and this might be a way to get them started. My boys are 12, (almost)10, and 8. Shoot me an email if you're interested.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  6:22:43 PM  Show Profile
we homeschool too :) 11 yr old, 9 yr old, 7 yr old. This is our second year--and we love it :) It amazes me how many opportunities there are for homeschoolers!!

http://troutwife.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/brooktroutwife
Go to Top of Page

Caroline Sunshine
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Carolyn
Thornton WA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  11:54:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi ALL -- I'm a grandma and am trying to get my kids to homeschool. The government schools are a far cry from what they used to be. The USA once had really good education, but that was back when the control was at the local level. Now we are WAY down the list, as far as how our children test -- many other countries are ahead of us. I want my grandkids to have an excellent education and in order to get that, I feel the best way is schooling at home. I am interested in the reasons you all decided to go the homeschool route. PLEASE share, if you would. I have seen so many homeschooled children in the past several years that are head and shoulders beyond what the government education system would have provided. (manners, socialization, science, math and reading skills WAY better.) Grandma in WA state.

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Go to Top of Page

RosesAreRed
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Laurie
Lehigh Acres Fl
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  09:08:30 AM  Show Profile
Homeschooled the two youngest for the last 6 years. the oldest one is dual enrolled at the state college. He will be 17 next month and passed the entrance exam last August. He loves being on campus. He is still in high school as a homeschooler, but he takes a full load of regular college classes. He gets credit for them toward his AA and towards his high school transcript..if I was inclined to make one. ANYWAY... Both boys did public school. The oldest finished 5th grade, and the youngest finished 1st grade. I pulled them out because the social situation was violent. The oldest suffered greatly from bullying. His self-esteem was almost gone. He had no friends. I knew they would eat him alive in Middle School. Six months into homeschooling, he was smiling, happy, learning, and he had friends calling for him and looking for him at events. Here in Florida we have standardized tests the students have to pass, regardless of their classroom grade. The stress in unbelievable. The districts curriculum was based around the test, the information on the test and how to take the test. The well rounded education was gone. As home schoolers, we don't have to take that crazy test.

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  09:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I decided to homeschool because I was tired of the poor quality of education, the violence, the drugs, etc. I pulled my daughter from a Christian school last Nov. I guess if you pay the monthly bill anyone can go there. Most I am sorry to say were rejects from the public school. Yikes. Plus my daughter is very bright and advanced. She does very well at home. Her desire to learn is so much brighter again. We love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world. It isn't always easy, but it is all worth it.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:02:36 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ronee and Everyone!
You're in good company here as there are a lot of homeschoolers. Plus, I'd like to think we've been a good encouragment to those questioning whether to homeschool and looking into the idea. We have a 15 year old son, 12 year old daughter, and 5 year old that I am beginning to school. The area in which we live, East TN, is very homeschool friendly. Many places, especially the museums and amusement areas in Knoxville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Smoky Mountains, have learned to take advantage of the large homeschooling population here and offer 50% off admission and homeschool days.
Andrea

Edited by - AutumnSpices on Jan 24 2012 10:07:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

ksharp
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathee
Mannington WV
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  09:32:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
I also homeshool. Our youngest is now 14 and has never been in school. Likewise is brother who is now seventeen was homeschooled all the way through. The seventeen year old started at our local college last year at 16. He has done very well. However, he lives at home and my husband takes him to and I pick him up most days.
I am very excited to get together with other homeschoolers. In fact I was just thinking yesterday that I needed some encouragement. I want to fall in love with homeschooling again. Starting to get a little tired here. So very thankful to find you all today. I have not been on the chat room for a couple of months and just happened to get on today. Funny how God works like that.
Kathee

Kathee
"The crazy,dancing,goat lady." - #3462
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  4:33:45 PM  Show Profile
I homeschool also! Been at it since the early '90's. We have five children, 4 graduated, and one 14 yr old still at it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Homeschooling? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page