Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  12:09:04 PM  Show Profile
It is in the low 70's here in SW Louisiana. It is raining, gloomy looking, foggy, and humid.
I thought I would be able to work outside today. Oh well... I do plan to take a long walk; rain or not!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  06:05:04 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday was just beautiful! Bright blue skies, sun shining. It was not too awfully warm, a little chilly, but amazingly beuatiful. Not at all like the last day of January. Last year this time we were buried under a few feet of snow and freezing.

So it rained last night and now is cloudy and sunny at the same time and I don't know wether to let my sheep back out in the pasture or wait. What is it going to do? It's almost hot out there. Will we have a tornado? Or just more rains? Who knows. I did turn off the heater though. Might have to open a window or two. I am sweating after coming in from feeding the masses.

So happy new year to all, where ever you may be. I have no idea what this year will bring, but amm looking forward to it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  09:16:59 AM  Show Profile
Kris: Here in Louisiana we have a saying about the weather, "Give it a minute, it'll change". That kind of sounds like your weather in GA. LOL
I hope this New Year brings you really great and happy things.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  09:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
I am in west central Minnesota. 2012 came in with a fury! Began with rain in the late afternoon, turning to snow. The snow was amazing, the flakes were huge, I actually compared them to the size of canning lids. I have never seen such large flakes. The temperature plummeted overnight and the wind kicked in. Today, is cold, windy and icy. Until yesterday we have been experiencing a very mild winter with December temps often in the 40's, very unusual for Minnesota in December. I guess Mother Nature is going to change things up a bit.

Happy New Year!

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  11:32:47 AM  Show Profile
Gail:
Stay warm today. Louisiana is supposed to get in the high 30's tonight. That is cold for us! LOL. Snowflakes as big as the size of canning lids!!!!!! OMG, I'd love to see that.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  4:40:20 PM  Show Profile
getting colder with high wind and the forecast of lake effect snow for tonight and tomorrow, winter making itself known in Ohio
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  4:55:31 PM  Show Profile
Here in West Michigan, we are finally getting our first real snowfall for the season.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  05:29:27 AM  Show Profile
Cold weather finally drifting down to Florida and this week we are supposed to have temps at night in the 20s and 50s in the day. Quite the change from upper 70s the past few weeks. Now that the Christmas decorations are down, it turns cold and wintery. That is Florida for you! You just cannot predict what will happen down here except that it will be HOT May- September!! I am excited to wear by mittens that I just finished AND my first pair of socks that I learned to knit using 3 needles.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  09:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Sunny but cool. But thankfully no irritating 75MPH wind gusts! The bees may even make it out for a bit.

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/
http://littlehouseonthebumper.blogspot.com/ (My "glamper" page)

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  09:40:49 AM  Show Profile
I've seen a few bees out around the roses. Beautiful weather here today, in the high 50's.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  10:10:11 AM  Show Profile
Blue sky but FREEZING wind today. Too cold!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  06:25:16 AM  Show Profile
I don't know about today yet but yesterday was 55 degrees - unheard of for January in Eastern Washington. I parked and took a long walk between sales calls - it felt so good. I'm hoping for maybe one more day of the same - just to kickstart my walking instincts.

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  06:39:28 AM  Show Profile
Sunny and today they say it will be in the 60's. Where is winter?????? I like one big snow and than I've had enough. Looks like it will be a while.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  09:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
It is 68, sunny, and beautiful here in south Texas. Saw a great sunset over the lake last night. Clear as a bell last night. Orion looked huge.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  11:54:35 AM  Show Profile
It is 67, overcast, but the sun comes in and out. Perfect weather to be outside. I'm beginning to get the garden beds cleaned up. I love being outside.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  2:30:01 PM  Show Profile
I sat outside and did some knitting today. Also cut a bunch of homeysuckle and privet for the goats. Walked out back to look for my escapee dogs. It's been a beautiful day here. I let my fire go out last night. Now my house is colder than it is outside.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  3:35:01 PM  Show Profile
It has surely been foggy the last three mornings. The temperature got up to 71 today. I refused to come inside. I brought my computer outside, did work, checked in with MJF, did more work. LOL. I want spring to come tomorrow.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  4:17:30 PM  Show Profile
We are having a very warm, wet winter so far. The last couple days have been dry. Today it was like a spring day - 52 degrees and sunny. It was beautiful... Got to enjoy it while its here.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

FairyFolk
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Tresia
Aurora TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  5:40:32 PM  Show Profile
It was a beautiful day in north central part of Texas today. The sky was a calming blue and the temperature held at 66 degrees. Enjoyed the afternoon hope everyone did the same.
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  6:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Sat outside and did Granny Squares. Didn't really want to come inside today. LOL

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  12:25:02 AM  Show Profile
RAIN, rain and more rain. Storm with heavy wind gusts, not easy to bike and deliver mail in...can hardly walk duh. But temps are too high here as well about 50F during the day, and 41 during the night. NO winter at all....not that I really mind, I hate winter lol. But the storm and rain....me no like

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile
Chilly this morning but not so horrible. I think it's 35-37 and there was a slight drizzle which I hoped would be snow. Oh well. It's going to be mighty chilly tonight - 21! EEK!

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

Edited by - krissy on Jan 06 2012 09:23:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  09:52:29 AM  Show Profile
EEK is right Kristen. 21 is too cold for me. I think we hit 21 a few years ago. LOL.
Our SW Louisiana weather today is soupy, and I'm cooking a homemade soup.
I refuse to stay inside, my hair will look like a wet Q-tip, but I'm headed out to play in the yard.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  10:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
It is 66 and a bit cloudy today. We had a light sprinkle. I don't mind that. Makes me get my inside stuff done.

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  07:27:22 AM  Show Profile
Warm here. Some windows open. Raelly strange. Last year we were freezing with snow and ice. This year windows open. I am NOT complaining at all! I love this. A little rainy though. Not likin' that part. That means more mud for awhile.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  08:55:59 AM  Show Profile
Very strange and mild winter in the upper Midwest. We have been sunny and in the high 40's to 50's. I am going out to walk the doggies and enjoy it while it lasts!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page