Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  6:53:07 PM  Show Profile
Linda where are you from in Kansas? My Dad was from Toronto, I still have family there. Only got to visit a couple of times. Once in July, I remember it as pretty hot.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  4:04:28 PM  Show Profile
We are dry but today is beautiful, sun shining, temp in the 80s. We have been having some pretty hot days but it has cooled down for a couple of days. We are praying for some rain in our area. The rains have been so scattered. 23 miles from here got 1.5 inches and we did not get anything and then we got .3 and they got more. One field of corn may be over knee high and green and the next field may be just 2-3 inches and sparse. I guess that is farming and you live to roll with the weather.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." EE Cummings

Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  4:13:06 PM  Show Profile
72 blue clear sky, been working in the garden.

Stand for What's Right!
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  11:30:08 AM  Show Profile
Pretty day today. Cool this morning, but supposed to near 80 today. Very slight breeze. We are finally haying. Every night we seem to get a big wind. So far it hasn't moved the windrows around. The first field is baled. The owners will pick it up. We have about 15 acres of alfalfa down and raked. Our grass isn't quite ready yet.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  8:20:54 PM  Show Profile
Louisiana had a beautiful and sunny day. Threatening rain & thunder, but didn't happen. I was able to mow the whole yard.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  1:16:11 PM  Show Profile
in the 70's, humid and windy, some storms around but so far just a tease of rain. we really need rain.
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  1:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Very hot, dry, and humid, it is suppose to rain,but its not looking like it is going to anytime soon, still hoping the clouds blow in. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  08:37:56 AM  Show Profile
We got rain all night last night. The lightening woke me up several times. Today, is supposed to be the same thing. The temperature at 7 PM yesterday was 90 degrees. This morning, it looks sunny, but very cloudy.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  08:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
We're hot, dry, windy, and in a perpetual red flag warning for wildfire. We get out and do what we have to before 10AM and then wait until evening to do the chores again, Wind today expected to be around 25 with gusts to 40. Can't water when it's like that.

Shari Thomas, back after a 2 year break for heart issues. Ready to get on with life now.Four Country Gals
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  8:37:19 PM  Show Profile
Here is SW Louisiana, we have had rain for about four days. Today we got a down pour! I hear thunder now, again. At least the grass will be nice and green, and ready to mow.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  1:18:33 PM  Show Profile
It is cool and windy again here is SW Idaho. We have had lots of small fires on the desert South of Boise. Night before last 5 homes near Mountain Home, Idaho burned. We have had lots of wind this spring and the fires just get right with it. Most of the fires are man caused, and several from people shooting. I didn't know there was such a thing as exploding targets. Some of the fires were from that. When hit the targets explode and send burning material all over. Living the sagebrush all these years, we are super sensitive to fire, actually we are paranoid. We never burn, unless it is really raining, better yet, snowing. We try to keep the weeds and grass away from our buildings, and just are eternally vigilant.

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  1:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Here in Texas in my part of the state their is bad storms this morning and now its hitting us again, dark clouds, lots of wind and now the thunder and lightening and the downpours. Got my feeding done in between, so now just wait it out. Guess I will go to craft room and pass the time. You all keep safe. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

machick
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Diana
Park City Kansas
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  1:30:00 PM  Show Profile
Very hot here and sooo very windy, wind warnings for today. Sunshine.

May your bobbins always be full!!!
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  4:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Wool doggies its a hot one today 91 cool degrees
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  2:56:56 PM  Show Profile
Hot day today, 95 degrees. Thankfully, the rain has stopped. The sun is shinning, ready to mow the yard.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  4:00:10 PM  Show Profile
It was in the 90's yesterday, hot a windy. Today is in the 80's, and still windy. A thunder storm passed by early this morning, but DH kept on raking hay. He is just now finishing baling. Hopefully get some of it picked up this evening. Yesterdy there were 2 haystack fires in the valley. One of them 250 ton of hay, what a loss.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  4:04:29 PM  Show Profile
We are in for a fine rain this weekend but up in the Trinity Mountains they are expecting Thunder storms and a lot of rain.

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  4:49:20 PM  Show Profile
It's +25 right now, I'm not sure what the converstion to farenheight is. Anyway it's hot and muggy. We might get rain it's a bit overcast.

Farmgirl Sister #3759

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  5:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
We are under a burn ban, it is so dry, they are saying it is suppose to cool down next week and maybe some rain, I sure hope so the only thing growing is weeds!
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  1:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
Today, (Saturday) we're drier than yesterday, and going to be drier tomorrow. Our high will be around 85 or so with south winds steady at 20mph or better with gusts to 50. The humidity is dropping to 5% each afternoon, which means you really can't get much drier.

Please... do not go target shooting in this weather. Eat your butt if you smoke, and don't use power tools or drive your pickup truck into a dry pasture.

The fire report yesterday was that the conditions for fire are the most dangerous in in the past 20 years.

Shari Thomas, back after a 2 year break for heart issues. Ready to get on with life now.Four Country Gals
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  3:07:22 PM  Show Profile
I wish there was a way to share rain with places that need it...we've had over an inch in the past 24 hours here! Getting so tired of being stuck indoors and watching the weeds grow by leaps and bounds. Hope you girls get some relief from the heat and fire danger soon!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  6:21:18 PM  Show Profile

Well I guess I am getting crazy with my pictures but here is how the weather was here today. I just wanted to share the clouds.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  10:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Ok, it is the last of June, and this morning we had a hail storm! Yesterday was hot and windy, today is much cooler and windy. Maybe I am just getting forgetful, but I don't remember this much wind at this time of year. Still having fires on the desert south of Boise. Hope it rains, not just hails.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  11:03:26 AM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, I'll be praying for rain for y'all. We are having a hot day. 100 degrees!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

machick
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Diana
Park City Kansas
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  11:05:35 AM  Show Profile
Our day is hot hot hot supposed to get to 105. very calm,which makes it worse.

May your bobbins always be full!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page