Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  2:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Hotta Hotta Hotta, only way to explain it here lol

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  5:36:03 PM  Show Profile
We finally got rain. Hurray!!!!!!!! The veggie plants and flowers are so much happier now. I didn't have to water today. The rain lowered the 90 degree temps down to the middle 80s. Such a relief.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  8:07:53 PM  Show Profile
We got a downpour this afternoon. I can hear the veggie plants enjoying the water. Temps stayed in the low 80s. Nice day.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  6:52:46 PM  Show Profile
so hot and humid today, at work the gift store is so hot, I started to not feel so good, we had a wedding in the historical garden at 4pm, wedding outside in 99 degree heat !
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  7:01:48 PM  Show Profile
I hope the wedding went okay for you. SW Louisiana had its third day of rain, which kept the temps down in the 80s. It was humid, but I'm used to that.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  07:05:58 AM  Show Profile
On the evening of the 6th we had a thunder storm, but this time we got rain. It rained for about an hour and rained really hard for about 15 or 20 minutes, and the lightning popped all around, but we were safe for that night. We did lose power for about 4 hours. The 7th was my birthday, and it was 99 that day, but cooled off up here to the low 80's for my party, and yesterday was just plain hot. It will up above 100 again today. Stay safe everyone.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  08:41:26 AM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday Kennie Lyn, mine was July 1st. This is SW Louisiana's fourth day of rain, lots of rain. The temperatures have been in the high 70s or lows 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  2:02:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Marly, I hadn't had a party for years, and decided it was time. Everybody had fun. And Happy Birthday to you.
It is hot here again today, 97 right now and getting hotter. We have always changed sprinklers in the evening, but it is so hot we changed to morning. It was lots cooler.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  6:15:09 PM  Show Profile
More rain. The temp stayed in the 70s today. My yard needs mowing really bad, but there's too much water.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  05:18:16 AM  Show Profile
Our temps will be in the very high 80's the rest of the week...So much better than the 105 the previous week! Great chance of some serious thunderstorms on Sunday-Monday!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  07:52:29 AM  Show Profile
More rain in SW Louisiana. This is the sixth day of rain! I think the vegetable plants are drowning.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  7:00:10 PM  Show Profile
No rain today!!!!! The temps were in the high 80s, nice day.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  5:40:04 PM  Show Profile
I finally got the back yard mowed. Then I saw the lightening. The front yard will have to wait. Rain this afternoon, non-stop. Temps in the low 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  5:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Hot, hot, hot. The weather said the only place hotter today than Boise was Death Valley. It was 108 in Boise today, don't think it was quite that here on the mountain. The air is bad from all the fires all around us. It is much smokier in the valley, of course. Another round of thunder storms are predicted.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  2:48:54 PM  Show Profile
More rain. I can't remember when it rained so much. I think Louisiana is getting all the rain. I hope it moves on to California, Florida, and other states that need rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  6:53:30 PM  Show Profile
We here I'm Ga have had several afternoons of rain. Still humid but cooler than last week.

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  06:59:39 AM  Show Profile
Finally monsoon rains in Clark County, Nevada. It has been a couple of years since we had real rain and thunder and lightning for several days in a row. Wow, I took a walk this morning as it was only 72 degrees a welcome relief from the 108 and 114 we had the other day. Even the hummingbirds are out in great numbers this morning. It smells so good, wet dirt, and ionization. I am opening up the entire house and let the air in. Crystal clear view of Las Vegas strip from my mountain top walk, a rare site, but all the dust and pollen has been washed away. More rains should come later this afternoon. I am loving it.
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  08:00:06 AM  Show Profile
Finally rained in Southern Wisconsin! We have been upgraded to "severe drought" conditions.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  10:13:14 AM  Show Profile
The sun is out today!!!!!!!!!! The local weather man said we'd have rain again today. I'm hoping the sun stays out to dry the grass. I need to mow the yard. Temps in the high 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  3:29:01 PM  Show Profile
It hasn't rained yet. I do hear distant thunder, I'm hoping it goes another way. I have had enough rain. Temps got back in the 90s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  3:54:17 PM  Show Profile
We are in the middle of a very hot & dry summer here. The drought has burnt everything up and the 100 degree temperatures are brutal. I'm really looking forward to fall, jeans and sweaters!

Had enough of summer!
Dawn in dehydrated IL
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  4:06:49 PM  Show Profile
I can't complain about hot weather here, when I see all the drought in lots of other places. We had an Idaho rain storm yesterday, you know, 10 drops per acre, but we had the nice rain on the 6th, and a small shower on Saturday evening this week. Hot today, and we had to go to town to get new tractor tires. Ouch, are they expensive! So it felt even hotter.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  5:33:09 PM  Show Profile
It poured down again this morning. But, the sun was out this afternoon. Temps got up to 93. Nice afternoon.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

SandraM
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Sandra
Coldwater Michigan
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  5:51:48 PM  Show Profile
We are having the hottest, driest summer here in Michigan.
I would love to see some rain...lots of it.
It always seems to go North and South of us and it leaves us dry!

Sandra
www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  07:43:17 AM  Show Profile
Sandra, I'll be praying that the rain we have been getting will go up to Michigan. I have had enough rain for a while. I need some sun.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page