Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  11:43:29 AM  Show Profile
Just one word----RAIN!!
MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  4:15:49 PM  Show Profile
No Marly, not Zydoco, 3 guys with an old squeeze box, an acoustic guitar, and a fiddle. But they sounded really good, did the Cajun yell and everything. Loved it. Their name is Frogs of the North.
We have had sun for 2 days now. Wonderful. We have had a fog bank that got caught up on the top of the Butte above our house, and hung there for several days. It is cold even with the sun, we haven't gotten over freezing.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  4:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
COLD!! COLD!!!
A bit warmer today, but COLD!
Sunshine, yes!
More snow to come in a few days . . YES!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  6:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Cold 33 with some sun.
Snow on the ground 10 inches.
Need it not to snow until after the 15 I need to catch a plane to COLD Alaska.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  7:48:54 PM  Show Profile
It's 30°F out right now, dark as can be--AND it's snowing. The weatherman had predicted it, but then he had predicted sunshine today and we didn't get it. Snow is okay, I'm not going anywhere.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  8:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Another day of overcast weather, and rain! Temps were in the high 50s.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  9:01:15 PM  Show Profile
Today was warmer here in Loleta but it did rain quite a bit and then quit. It is not raining for now.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  09:36:13 AM  Show Profile
Dreary weather here. The weather man said we'd have sun today. I still don't see it! Temps in the low 50s. I have had enough winter. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  10:24:36 AM  Show Profile
It is snowing today, it is just below freezing. Yesterday was sunny part of the day and in the middle 30's. It felt nice after a week or so of below freezing temps. My DH says he is ready for spring, but we have a lot of winter to go. There are robins in the yard eating crab apples, DH is sure that is a sign of spring, but I think the robins just didn't migrate.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  11:00:06 AM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, I hope your husband is right! It is surely NOT that cold down here, but cold enough for me. Below freezing!!!!!!!! OMGoodness, I would not like that! LOL
The sun is out today, the temp now is around 53.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  11:09:45 AM  Show Profile
Sunny, cold but still no snow ... Yaaaaay!

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  3:01:30 PM  Show Profile
we got 6" over night!
I was suppose to have coffee with 'roughtstartfarmgirl' today... but we decided to have a phone chat instead of going outside..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  3:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Grace, what a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing with us.
Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  7:43:07 PM  Show Profile
We were in the 40's tonight and tonight it is really foggy.
Not as cold either. I saw a lot of snow over Christmas and that was enough for me.
stay warm out there and safe.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  6:41:57 PM  Show Profile
It has warmed up. It is 41 right now at in the early evening. It snowed yesterday, but has settled to about 4 inches, we had about 7 inches yesterday. More snow is coming. It was overcast today, with fog in the valley.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  9:24:34 PM  Show Profile
It has rained ALL day!! Our parish is under a flood watch. The temperature was in the high 60s today. Humidity is around 90 %! More rain tomorrow and Thursday.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  9:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Marly, Hope the rain stops and the water goes down, and that you are on high ground.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  10:00:27 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, thank you for your kind words. I am praying the rain stops. But the weather man says continuing rain for tonight, all day tomorrow, and ending mid-day Thursday.
For us that is a little too much rain. We are NOT on high ground. We live 6 miles away from the Gulf of Mexico. We've been through two major floods before, due to hurricanes.
This afternoon when my Hubby got home from work, we went out to his workshop and spent three hours picking things off the floor and putting them up higher. The work shop is low on the ground, so it always floods first. We are used to this, however, I am praying and praying that water does not get into the house. I spent the morning at work, then at 1 AM started picking things off the floor on the house. That was NOT fun! My outside cats are not too happy right now. I put a litter box out in the carport for them. If the water comes up a lot tomorrow, I'll open the door and ask them all to come on in! If you are a praying person, please say a prayer that the rain will stop.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  09:35:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marly, thinking about you today and hoping that you are dry and the rain has stopped. I know the country needs rain but not all at one time, ya know. Hope all your things were safe overnight and that the kitties have come in. Hoping all is well. Hugs, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  11:09:01 AM  Show Profile
I am praying for you. Hope the rain stops, but we could use some moisture. It looks like we may get some later today and tomorrow. It is 51 right now, the snow is melting, but it is supposed to cool off tomorrow. I would say it is weird weather, but it is only normal.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  11:09:53 AM  Show Profile
It's still raining. The ditches are full, the lake is spilling over, and I can see the river cresting over its bank! We go through this every year. I'm praying for a north wind to blow the water out. My cats are uncomfortable with the water all around. They are staying dry.
Thanks for the message, Joey.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  8:34:43 PM  Show Profile
We had heavy showers off and on today and tonight we had hail for a minute. It was bigger than normal usually it is sleet size. It is supposed to continue through the night and part of tomorrow. We shall see. It is cold tonight. It is 37 degrees right now.

darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Jan 09 2013 8:35:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  8:52:31 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I am sending prayers that you will dry out soon. Please stay safe and keep us posted. Hug the kitties for me. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  03:39:08 AM  Show Profile
This morning there is a steady light rain in Ks. Really pretty!
Hope everyone has a great morning!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  3:52:52 PM  Show Profile
Marly, The jet stream looked like it was right over your neck of the woods. Hope the water has quit rising.
It has snowed here all day. The wind was coming out of the west, and blowing snow sideways. When we fed this morning, the Longhorns were huddled on the East side of the barn, and the horses had their tails to the wind. Our carport and the hay barn had snow blowed all over inside. The cows were happy to see us, and raced the tractor to the feed ground.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page