Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  9:57:48 PM  Show Profile
It was a sunny blue sky with puffy clouds, 88 degrees today in Gulf Coast Florida ! Heaven for me. I was able to get in the pool. Headed to the beach tomorrow afternoon . My heart craves this weather. I feel my best here . Definately do not miss the snow. If you are sick of winter , you are always welcome here. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  11:37:01 AM  Show Profile
Marly, How high is the water? Hope you are all ok.
It is partly cloudy, windy and cold today. All the powder snow we got yesterday is blowing around. It is hard to tell how much it snowed yesterday, because in spots there is 2 feet, but in other places nothing. All the open sheds and the big hay barn are filled with snow. The snow is blowing from every direction. That doesn't happen very often.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  2:22:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Joey and Kennie Lyn. We got back this afternoon. Had to evacuate yesterday. The water was coming up on both sides of the house. The lake behind the house was about four feet away from house. Too close for comfort. The water is slowly going down. It'll take two or three days for it to drain completely. Thankfully we did not get water in the house. My Sweetie's (hubby's) workshop outside was flooded. Again, thankfully, the day before we had picked everything off of the workshop floor. The outside cats are fine now. They are trying to catch fish in the back yard. LOL We are supposed to get more rain tomorrow.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  3:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marly, so glad the rain didn't get into the house and you had already preped the workshop. Praying the rain you are supposed to get just passes over. Stay dry, know we are sending hugs and keep us posted. Picturing the cats and fish made me laugh. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Edited by - Joey on Jan 11 2013 3:29:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  5:47:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Joey. It just rained, again. But it was over fast. The water continues to recede.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  1:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Marly, so glad you are all fine. High water is hard to deal with, there isn't much you can do. It looked like the jet stream was still over top of you. Stay safe.
We are having a beautiful blue sky day. It is cold but bright. Much better than the wind yesterday.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  6:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Kennie Lyn. Yes, we got a little rain today. Thankfully not for long. We are supposed to get rain Sunday and Monday. I'm just hoping it's not another downpour over us again. We are used to this. The water continues to recede today. The lake is almost leveled off. The river is down. We still have a flood warning because of the drain off from other areas. How cold is it over there? In the Bronco and Raven game tonight the temperature in CO was 13 degrees!!!! OMGoodness, that is cold!!!!!! Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

SandraM
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Sandra
Coldwater Michigan
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  6:46:58 PM  Show Profile
Today is January and it is winter but the weather felt like a Spring Day in Michigan.
Tomorrow winter returns.

Sandra
www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  7:11:32 PM  Show Profile
You are right, Sandra. It was 77 degrees in SW Louisiana today!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  8:48:41 PM  Show Profile
It started off a nice 53 degrees this morning and now it's 30 degrees and raining, supposed to change to sleet then snow. January weather never stays the same.
cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  8:55:33 PM  Show Profile
Stay warm, Cindy. This January weather is wierd, for sure.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  9:30:08 PM  Show Profile
We've had a couple of days to dry out a bit. I'm not having to walk knee-deep in mud at the farmyard. We're supposed to have rain again.

Marly, I guess whatever we get here, we send on to you next. Sorry :(

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  09:19:05 AM  Show Profile
No rain, yet. Very muddy and soggy here, Catherine. Sometimes the weather y'all get, comes into LA and goes north east. We like that, because it hits North LA, not South LA.
Stay dry.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  12:38:31 PM  Show Profile
Very cold, My car windows are frosted and I haven't had to scrape my windows in forever. I had to yesterday and they are frosted again today..I hope they melt by the time I go to work at 3pm. It is like 41degrees but colder than normal....
Brrrrr.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  1:06:57 PM  Show Profile
60 degrees and thunderstorms on Saturday, rain all day yesterday and this morning 16 degrees! So cold this morning that the splash back from a puddle hit my windshield and froze instantly! I had to stop the car and wait for it to thaw because I couldn't see where I was going. I have never had that happen before. Crazy!

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  1:44:51 PM  Show Profile
Well, we are not too cold today, it is 30 right now, and snowing a little. Yesterday, our bedroom windows had frost on the inside pane. We like to sleep in a cold room, but that was a little much. I am surprised the plants I have in there didn't freeze. DH plowed the driveway yesterday, we only had one drift, and it wasn't bad, so we could get out if we had to go somewhere. I think we will just stay home and keep warm.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  4:26:54 PM  Show Profile
We have had rain all day today. It isn't heavy rain, just showers. Temperature was and is in the low 40s. Humidity is at 100%.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  10:53:56 AM  Show Profile
Marly, I hope your rain is only light showers, so you can dry out. We have another bright and beautiful day here, the temp is 37. We are above the fog and inversion of the valley and our temps are at least 10 degrees warmer. The snow is white, dry, and sparkly.

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  11:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
OMGOSH! I am so happy to see the sun today. It is 47 and sunny. I'll take it. LOL

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

http://mrsroosterbooks.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  3:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, thanks so much. We had light rain today. The temperature is at 37. No sun. Very cold for me. LOL. Keep warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  4:04:53 PM  Show Profile
No rain today!!!!!!! The wonderful, warm sun was out most of the day. The yard is drying out, finally!!!! A beautiful day today. Temps were in the high 50s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  06:40:38 AM  Show Profile
The sun! The sun! It's out today!!!! I almost forgot what it looked like. It had been 9 straight days with rain and gloom here. I got to feed hay to all my goats IN THE SUN this morning! The bucks have been holed up in the shed out back for days and I had to coax them outside to eat. They all look happy this morning.

My little pond that fills up when it rains so much is frozen. It's beautiful, with all kinds of frozen squigglies and wavey places. I took lots of pictures. Even of shadows, which I haven't seen in a long time. There is snow on this side of Lookout Mt. And school was delayed againg 2 hours this morning. 3rd time this week. Some schools cancelled. But the sky is blue again and the sun os out today!

Last night I saw something up in the sky and looked out the wondow. It was the moon. And stars too. It was so cool to see them again too. I am so ready for some spring time weather.

And while out taking pictures this morning I noticed some Jonquils coming up! Some even had buds about to open. In a few days I'll have pretty little yellow flowers on my dining room table!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  07:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
FINALLY!! We're out of the BITTER COLD routine! At sunrise this morning it was 27 degrees! That is a HUGE difference than two days ago when it was FOUR degrees at sunrise and had dipped to 10 degrees BELOW zero at the coldest part of the night.
AND, getting to walk in the middle of the day without big time bundling against the cold AND the BITTER wind . . . YAY!

I know there are places that get colder, but not typically here.

Kris, I can't imagine 9 days of rain. I guess that's because of the differences in climate where we live. We are in Colorado, high altitude, dry climate (boy, do the lotion companies love that!) and more sunny days than not! You can sunburn in a hurry and folks from lower altitude have a hard time catching their breath!

I'm glad for a "warm-up"!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  08:07:27 AM  Show Profile
The beautiful, warm sun is shining again today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The temperature is 38 this morning, but warming up in the low 60s. Absolutely beautiful weather!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  06:55:10 AM  Show Profile

These are popping up all over!! I can't wait to have some in a pretty vase in the dining room.

Another beautiful day here! I hope everyone has a day like this today.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page