Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  07:31:46 AM  Show Profile
Temperature is in the high 50s this morning. Clear weather. The humidity is lower.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  08:33:40 AM  Show Profile

What a difference one year makes. Picture from Minneapolis MN

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  10:25:07 AM  Show Profile
Susan! Unbelievable!! Wow, that is certainly a yearly difference. Thanks for sharing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  09:31:07 AM  Show Profile
OMGoodness, we had some thunder and lightening during the night, accompanied by lots of rain! Temps this morning in the low 60s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  08:20:55 AM  Show Profile
Temperature will be climbing to 85 degrees today. The weather this morning is clear, partly sunny, low humidity.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  08:36:40 AM  Show Profile
WOW, Marly --85 degrees?? It's 30 here and snowing like crazy. I love having a snow day though -- didn't head off to work because the highway was closed up north of here and no telling how bad it will get at this point. So best to stay home when it's like this. Guess I will try to tackle the quilt squares I started a while back and messed them up. Good weather for quilting. :)

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  08:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Stay warm, Jody! Hopefully this will be the last snow for Colorado. Have fun quilting squares. Enjoy!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  11:28:18 AM  Show Profile
Marly, We are hoping for only rain after this. The snow this late threatens to break tree branches and I know some of my flowers will be done for this season even though they barely made their way above ground. :/ But we certainly need the water as dry as it has been, so I am not going to complain about the snow. Soak up some rays for me down there!

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  2:03:41 PM  Show Profile
We have been having temps in the 50's today was a bit overcast. I thought I was going to see the sun this morning but it went behind the clouds and hasn't shown itself since. I do believe we had some sprinkles but not enough to count. Tomorrow looks promising though with a high of 69 and some sunshine! I am so done with the snow. Ready for more flowers and sunshine.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  4:58:58 PM  Show Profile
Jody, I will and have been soaking up the sun! LOL. Wish you could enjoy some of it. The weather was absolutely beautiful today! Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  09:26:07 AM  Show Profile
Temperature headed for the 80s. The humidity is back.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  12:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Lil overcast and drizzly here in NY. Was at my new job today at a friends daycare/dog boarding facility and walking with the dogs when there was a loud clap of thunder. I thought the little poodle trudging besisde me was goin to jump in my Muck boot. Always heard poodles were smart dogs and now I'm sure of it for I inherited my fathers sweaty odiferous:) feet. The poodle(Lucy) made the right decision...the thunder was much less intimidating.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  2:01:07 PM  Show Profile
We had a lot of thunder and lightening a couple of nights ago. My inside cat was besides herself; getting under the bed, climbing back on the bed, running under the dresser, etc... At one point the thunder crashed so loud, I was ready to get under the bed or dresser!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  3:08:08 PM  Show Profile
Still chilly (30's) here. Snow stopped (for now) but rain and snow are expected today and tomorrow. After it finally stopped snowing sometime last night or this morning, we ended up with about a foot and a half. Marly,,, boy do I wish I had some of your warm sunshine right about now! LOL... It did get above freezing today to make things a bit slushy, but I fear that means more ice tomorrow. Ugh. Oh well. It's Springtime in the Rockies, Gals! Yeehah!

Jody & Marly, I used to have a large lab who hated the thunder -- he would run and hide in the shower. Pretty smart place to be actually and he stayed in there a long time after the thunder stopped, just to be sure.

Hugs,
Jo

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  9:04:37 PM  Show Profile
My youngest sisters dog used to hide in the shower, Jody! LOL. Hope it warms up for you soon.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  11:23:02 AM  Show Profile
Think I would be quite surprised to open up the shower and see my dog sitting there but yes, how smart, especially if you live in tornado alley. I live on one of the highest points in our county and the lightning strikes so close it literally rings the home phone. I've told my mom, that while I really love God and say my prayers I'm just not ready to speak with him yet:) And I swear my old dog and I could fit quite comfy under the smallest bed in our house during one of those storms. Must be an awful sight to have seen us both diving for it at the same time tho
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  1:58:00 PM  Show Profile
Funny! If the lightening was really loud, my dog used to howl like someone was beating him! Of course, no one was. He was just pitiful in bad weather. LOL.
And- like your dog trying to get under the smallest bed, my Luck Dog WOULD get under this chair I have that is low to the ground. The whole chair was lifted up and swaying, but Luck Dog would stay under it. Such wonderful memories.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  5:37:43 PM  Show Profile
It snowed here all day!! I think Old Man Winter forgot to change the pages on his calendar or something. GEEZ! It's APRIL,,, HELLOOOOO!

My old dog, Artemis - was big and goofy and to see him tuck tail and run and slide on the hardwood floors to throw his big body into the shower just made you want to laugh and hold him at the same time. Poor old guy! He was terrified when it thundered and lightening cracked. And there was absolutely no way anyone was going to get him to come out of there. I had to give him his dinner in there more than once because he just didn't believe me that the storm was over. Just looked at me with those big sad eyes and I could hear his thoughts: "uhuh,,,nope, ain't doin' it, ain't gettin' out, stayin' righteer". His daughter thought he was nuts! She just looked at him and walked away. LOL.

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  10:49:46 PM  Show Profile
I hear you Jody! Just north of you it's been snowing since Monday. Between the 17" we got and the ever present winds the view from my morning room was this:

Yup! That's a push lawn mower parked right off the patio door. I swear that was a 7' or maybe even an 8' drift! I'm ready for some green!

Audrey

http://prairiecairncottage.blogspot.com/
Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  06:02:54 AM  Show Profile
We are getting a monsoon here in the Chicago area this week! We got 4"s of rain yesterday and they say 2-5 more today. The rivers, lakes, ponds, and creeks were already filled to the top before this hit. The flooding is bad already and we are at the halfway point only! The retention pond in our area has flooded and is coming up the hill, it is just about 15' from our patio, we even had a duck swim by this morning.

I'm praying spring settles down for everyone and give us a much needed break.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  09:28:02 AM  Show Profile
Audrey, is that snow? OMGoodness, I've never seen snow piled up that high!!!!!
The weather here is overcast, in the 80s, very, very humid, and rain is coming.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  10:06:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh Dawn, hope the water is going down. Too bad you can't send a little of that our way. Our resevoirs need filling.
We are having showers today, very gentle showers. Any rain is welcome. Our oats are finally coming up, so this little rain will really help.
I used to have a Border Collie/ Corgie cross dog. I was standing at the front door watching the start of a thunder storm. The dog was on the front porch. All of a sudden a streak of lightning filled sky, it was pink. I have never seen pink lightning before or since. The dog got up and marched to the woodshed, hid behind the rick of wood, and stayed there until it was over. He never seemed scared of other lightning. I always thought dogs were color blind, but he didn't like that pink lightning.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  10:20:31 AM  Show Profile
Audrey ~ um....Wow...That is a LOT of drift. We get up to the windows here but not 8 feet!
Dawn ~ I hope that you are ok, is the water still rising? Please be safe >hugs<
Kenny-Lyn ~ We are having a drencher this morning, with 15-35 mph winds and possible thunder storms. I think it's been so windy that it blowing the spring green right off the hills. I wish that I could send you some.

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  3:18:53 PM  Show Profile
It has been really raining for about the last hour. Not a gully washer, but a good rain. We haven't had a nice rain like this for ages. Lately we have had light showers or hard rain lasting just few minutes and mostly just running off. This is nice.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  3:33:24 PM  Show Profile
cold, about 48 degrees. wood stove going, so very toasty warm inside.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page