Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  5:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Thankfully the retention pond here has gone down. Today has been in the upper 30's with snow showers off & on all day. The Midwest is never dull when it comes to weather!

Thanks for the kind words, we were fortune not to get water in our home. Unfortunately many people here in IL weren't so lucky. I am praying it calms down for everyone so we can all actually enjoy this spring!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  09:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful weather today in Louisiana. Temperature this morning was in the low 60s, going up to the low 80s. The sun is out and the birds are busy building nests.
My outside cats are soaking up the sun!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  09:03:57 AM  Show Profile
An absolutely beautiful day; temperature this morning in the lovw 60s, but warming up to the high 70s. Low humidity, and the sun is shining!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  11:10:51 AM  Show Profile
We have a bight blue sky today, along with cooler temps, and strong wind. Hope it is better tomorrow.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

ramonaj
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

rhonda
gibsons british columbia
Canada
118 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  8:19:36 PM  Show Profile
It finally quit raining today after a truly weird weather day yesterday. at one point it was hailing/raining so hard I thought it was snow. Typical spring weather in coastal BC! But today was gorgeous and it's supposed to stay this way for a few days. Hope so as I want to finish planting my lower garden this week.

happiness to all sentient beings
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  8:25:54 PM  Show Profile
Heavy wet snow is falling a again. Our first snowfall was October 26th or 27th so we have basically had snow for 6 months. In fact, this April we have had more snow than the total for all the Aprils for the last 10 years! Luckily it is warmer and it is largely melting between waves and with the frost out of the ground we are actually getting the moisture into the ground rather than mostly running off.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  12:10:45 PM  Show Profile
rainy and chilly about 40 here in Iowa. Actually too much rain this spring right now. It needs to stop so things can dry out and rivers and streams can go back to normal.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  3:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Rain, and more rain. The river is cresting. I haven't been down to see how high it is. I know the creeks are overflowing their banks. Typical spring weather along the Mississippi.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  5:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Muggy outside! The humidity has climbed back up to the 90s. Rain is predicted for tomorrow afternoon. Temperature is in the high 70s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  2:08:30 PM  Show Profile
At last a bit of sun here!!
But last night for an hour?? Huge snowflakes coming down and super cold!! Crazy 'spring' here!

Blessings,
Linda
http://www.grannysbirds.blogspot.com/

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  2:32:13 PM  Show Profile
We are having a pretty day today. Temp is 67 right now, with a little breeze. It is supposed to warm up into the 70's and be dry for the next week. We could use another little rain.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  2:51:53 PM  Show Profile
We had a thunderstorm this morning. Temperatures dropped to the low 50s within two hours. The sun is out now.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  3:03:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Audrey -- Sorry I missed your post about that huge drift! My gosh! Has it melted yet? I think our snow is almost gone now with the sun being out. It's still pretty cold, but getting warmer. Hopefully we will hit 70 by Saturday. The winds up there in Wyoming are quite something! We are only an hour directly south of Cheyenne (south of Fort Collins), so we get hit with a lot of what goes through Cheyenne, or we send it your direction from here,, lol,,, depending on which way the storm is moving.

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2013 :  08:44:03 AM  Show Profile
Temperature this morning in the high 50s. Warming up to the high 70s. The sun is partially out.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2013 :  09:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Woke up to snow covered ground. It was only 28 degrees. The sun is now out and melted the snow, but only 37 degrees. Seems we cannot get out of the 30's for the highs. Nice to see some sun though. We are supposed to be in the mid 50's by now. We have not hit 40's yet!!!
Enjoy the beautiful weather the rest of you are having.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  05:35:18 AM  Show Profile

The sunrise this morning was beautiful. And the full moon was still up for awhile too. So pretty and bright. Another beautiful day here today, like yesterday. But this weekend, rain and storms.

I just can't imagine still getting snow at the end of April. Hope it warms up for you soon, Janet.

The good beekeeper is generally more or less cranky. C.P. Dadant

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  08:45:17 AM  Show Profile
Kris, what a beautiful picture!!!! We're expecting rain this weekend, also.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  3:49:40 PM  Show Profile
Raining here. Humidity is 90%. I hope it clears up soon.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  06:57:27 AM  Show Profile
We had over 2" of rain here the past few days. Nothing but a mud pit out there right now. UGH! And some rain to come in a few days. And SO much to do too. Just heard 83 tomorrow. Sounds really muggy.

Kris

The good beekeeper is generally more or less cranky. C.P. Dadant

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  09:02:55 AM  Show Profile
We were supposed to, and threatened with lots of rain, but never really got any. Temps getting to 85 degrees today. The humidity is still at 90 %.
The sun is out this morning.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  9:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely great weather; cool, low humidity. No rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  05:13:48 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday we had so much rain the pond has flooded? yes, the pond had to cut it's own path down the hill ... so now I have a lake and a stream in my pasture! Still cloudy and cold 50 degrees thi morning with rain until Monday ... hmmmm, where did I leave that boat?

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  9:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Hope the rain stops soon for you Teri. We have had three cool 50 degree days. Felt so nice. Hugs to you FGOTM friend.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  04:01:01 AM  Show Profile
Marly,
The raion has not stopped and is going to be around until Saturday!
How you been doing?

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - May 07 2013 :  6:50:47 PM  Show Profile
It is very warm here in the desert. Started out it was supposed to be 86° today and it has reached 90° so far. So we went from the 60's last week to the 90's today. The sun is shining and I have got to get my garden planted. Don't think we will have any more freezes until the fall. Unfortunately all the seeds I have planted in my cold frame seem to have vanished or are very late in starting to grow. I purchased some Better Boy tomatoes and some California Wonder peppers today. I hope to have lots of tomatoes this summer.

I recently purchased a FoodSaver device and I think it will come in handy when peaches and cherries come on in a month or so.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page