Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  12:04:05 PM  Show Profile
Grace, such beautiful pictures. Stay warm.
It's 75 degrees here in the Texas Hill Country. The sun is out. Weird weather.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  2:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Today is warm & humid. Thank goodness I've walked the dogs already, because it is raining off & on. Husband is bored and out of sorts (heaven help me when he retires).

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  04:17:07 AM  Show Profile
Too warm! I took a few of my older Girl Scouts on a great hike in Shenandoah National Park (Overall Run Falls, for anyone who knows the area) and we were sweating up a storm in the 70 degree humid atmosphere. It was a strange hike to prep for because I kept reaching for my fleece and ski hat and stuff since it is late December and should be in the 30s-40s, but had to fight the urge to bring them when I looked at the weather report.

I needed to keep my pack weight as light as possible since I am 50+ and was off on a hike with an 1800 foot climb with lovely young ladies still in their teens. We were all huffin' and puffin' though, so I didn't feel like I was holding them up too much. Aside from the warm temps - a great day to be out with Mother Nature.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  11:26:48 AM  Show Profile
It is cold here in Vancouver Wa. Yesterday we went to a rock shop past Portland ;; OR and it was snowing! Really wet stuff! Cold today.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  12:59:50 PM  Show Profile
The winter storm is about to hit any minute now. It has been said that there will be 6" to 10" of snow right around rush hour. That is the best time for a large storm. I once waited 45 minutes for the regular bus to come pick me up to go the South Dale (the first indoor mall in America) to catch another bus which would take me into downtown Minneapolis from which I could walk home. I had to cross a bridge over I94 East and that was fun. It took me 3 hours to get home when it usually would take an hour. I love living in Minnesota.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  1:21:45 PM  Show Profile
Marie: Stay warm and stay safe.
The temperature was 27 this morning in the Texas Hill Country. The sun is finally out. Another 27 low tonight.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  1:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Colorado has been DUMPED ON! We did need the snow. In the southwest corner we've had more snow in the last two weeks than in the last 3 winters combined. I've shoveled and swept over and over again! Trudged in very deep and COLD snow to feed the cows.
Today is a bit warmer but the high temp for the day to be only in the mid-20s!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  2:04:23 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay we too are getting hit by storm after storm and we too need the moisture. Luckily I don't have to be anywhere which is a good thing because the steep curvy hill I have to navigate to get home was closed down last night because of all the slide offs. It's open now but still dangerous so I will stay put till they hit it with LOTS of deicer. I have learn to stock up on essentials or do without.

Edited by - Mountain Girl on Dec 28 2015 2:07:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  10:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
We just received about 12 inches of snow that started at noon yesterday and ended sometime during the night. Before that we didn't have any snow on the ground.

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  1:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Julie! Enjoy the snow. We are at 43 degrees. Overcast.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  2:49:18 PM  Show Profile
We are waiting for the rivers to crest at a few feet below what they were in the great flood of '93. Only this time, we have to contend with freezing weather as well.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  3:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Snow Snow Snow.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2015 :  07:29:44 AM  Show Profile
We got maybe 4" of snow. The city declared a snow emergency which means there are parking restrictions so the plows can clear the snow. The first day, which just past, there is no parking on Snow Emergency Routes. They are major streets and are clearly marked. The next day, today, there is no parking on the even sides of residential streets. On the last day, tomorrow, there is no parking on the odd side of residential streets and no parking on the parkways. I hope I got this right. The city has a hotline and all kinds of places to get this information so people don't get their car towed.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2015 :  11:50:05 AM  Show Profile
Diana and Marie, just reading the posts makes me cold. I'm hoping we have some kind of snow. Today's paper says we may get a small amount. I don't see that happening because the sun is out today, 46 degrees.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2015 :  5:26:38 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gramadinah

Snow Snow Snow.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  7:21:41 PM  Show Profile
spending the winter in florida. 80 plus last couple of days.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  08:43:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh what I wouldn't give for a little 80 degree weather! We'll be up to 24 today

Kristine
Farmgirl Sister #6

Not all who wander are lost.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  08:57:10 AM  Show Profile
Kristie, here in north central Iowa we call 24 degrees a tropical heatwave. lol

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  1:15:13 PM  Show Profile
It is 22°F here and feels like 11°. Wind is blowing slightly. The birds are very hungry and have cleaned out my three feeders. Need to fill the last one shortly. Oh, I am so looking forward to Spring and then Summer.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  05:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Mariene we're down here in Florida too. Temperatures are finally dropping. Turned off the AC and put on jackets this morning! Sure hasn't felt like Christmas this year!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  4:27:27 PM  Show Profile
It was actually SUNNY today! So glad to see the sun after all that rain and flooding. It's still too warm for this time of year. I worked out in the yard today and organized my garage. We still haven't had any snow this winter--very unusual and not a good thing. I saw a fly buzzing around this afternoon--come on, it's January. Supposed to be the coldest month of the year. Why are there bees flying around?
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  4:53:26 PM  Show Profile
Kristine, you're in Pullman and I'm in Pasco. Only got to 22 degrees here today. I guess that's why they call it winter. Looking forward to summer, bypass spring
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  10:18:56 PM  Show Profile
ok... I am laughing,,, why?,,, because,,,
in Summer we fuss it's too hot and we can hardly wait for Winter... then in Winter we fuss it's too cold and can hardly wait for Summer...
I buy my summer clothes in the dead of winter and my winter clothes in the middle of August...
when all I really want to do is,,,
go to Hawaii and relax on the Beach and have the Cabana boy bring me a fruity frofro dink!
ummm, let's not mention the Cabana boy to my hubby! snork, giggle!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 02 2016 10:22:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  10:01:39 AM  Show Profile
It's true that we always want what we don't have! I will join you in imagining a fruity foo foo drink from the cabana boy

Kristine
Farmgirl Sister #6

Not all who wander are lost.
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  4:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Finally turned COLD here. Still no snow/ ice.

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page