Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  07:47:59 AM  Show Profile
Wow, am I ever glad I searched this topic. I am probably going to have to replace my 24-year-old top loader this year, and I was debating getting one of the new HE top loaders, but don't know anyone who has one. Now I'm really wondering if I should just go with the basic top loader again! I've heard mixed reviews about the front loaders, so I've pretty much decided against one of those.

I do have to wash some pretty dirty farm clothes once in a while, so I feel like I need as much water as possible to get the dirt out, or else I'll be washing them multiple times.

I wanted to be able to wash the big comforters at home instead of going to the laundromat, but maybe it's just not worth it!

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  1:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Lori, if I were made of money I'd just buy a new GE basic washer. We had one in an apartment before we bought this house and even though it had no bells and whistles it sure cleaned the clothes and they are oodles less expensive!

Audrey

http://prairiecairncottage.blogspot.com/
Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  05:37:21 AM  Show Profile
I would choose a good old fashioned top loader, too. If I were made of water! That is our concern here rather than the cost. I miss the ability to soak things and choose a load size ...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  06:13:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm not a fan of HE. I work for a vacation cabin rental bussiness and we do alot (alot, alot) of laundry. The owners changed out all the washers for HE washers and now they are changing back. The HE just did not clean as well. And we have way more repairs. I think the simplier the machine, the better: less computer thingys to fix.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic HE washing machine not cleaning Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page