Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Round #7 -Heart Yo Yo Swap with a twist! Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #7 -Heart Yo Yo Swap with a twist! Update Next Topic
Page: of 6

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  4:49:22 PM  Show Profile
with lainey lou and futters we are at 10 swappers- which means 60 yo yo's so i am going to close this round out!

i'm thinking judith would be a wonderful swap hostess!!!!! hmmmmmmmmmmmm??????

lainey-please send me your full name and mailing address when you get done celebrating that wedding!

julie your pics are great! thanks for posting! also peg for jumping in!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  10:00:59 PM  Show Profile
Well, thank you so much ladies for the pictures and the explanations. Now I realize I knew what these were all the time afterall, my Grandma used to take these and put soda bottle caps in them and make trivets out of them. She had several that were just different colors and shapes, but she had this one that was a bunch of grapes and they were all shades of purple and had an embroidered leaf to hang it up with if you wanted to. I thought that was the neatest thing when I was little. Oh, what memories this brings back, sitting in her kitchen watching her make pies and she would always take the left over pie crust and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on it and roll'em up and cook 'em and we called them snails. We only got them if we were real good and quiet because there weren't too many of them and I was the eldest of 7 kids. So I was always good at Grandmas house!!! Boy do I miss her, she was great.

Well, I shared a little blast from the past with y'all, got a little carried away with my remembering, but ya know what ... I can almost smell 'em.

Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  10:29:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for listing everyone, Margo! Yep, I'm ready to start yo-yo's.

Lainey Lu, I remember those cinnamon snails when I was young too! Then made them for my kids and now the grandkids. Thanks for the memory.

Well, Margo, I think you are correct..round 8 will be on me (if its ok with you all..don't want to step on toes)..however, I will have to get through #7 first. lol Goody, Goody. We have newbies!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  02:48:14 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Judith, PeggyAnn, and Margo, for your kind words.

Yo-yo mama, lol. I love that PeggyAnn! They are addicting. Have so many ideas for them.

I have seen oval ones and am dying to try making them.

I have my set of ten made, just waiting to see who wants buttons. I will be watching for future swaps.
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  10:32:09 AM  Show Profile
oh judith...thank you!!! no toe stepping here! glad to have a followup to this round already set!!!! whooooooo hoooooooooo!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  7:10:40 PM  Show Profile
Julie...you do realize it is 6 yoyo's for every girl signed up. You can do heart and round both
or all heart. So, you are making a total of 60 yoyo's to mail out. Just wanting to make sure that you know that.

Margo...did you already send out the list? Some one mentioned it and so I wasn't sure...because I didn't get one yet. No rush...just checking.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 30 2012 7:12:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  3:45:20 PM  Show Profile
i have just now emailed the mailing list- except shelly-sassynrob--i need your email address.....

if anyone doesn't get the list let me know!

happy stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  7:31:08 PM  Show Profile
Margo, I received the mailing list. And I found some gold star buttons, no flag buttons, tho, was wanting to find some. I have my material, will try to get them cut out. Going to Oklahoma, in about 9 days, gonna take them with me, and work on them. Have a great week!! Farmgirl # 946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  08:11:55 AM  Show Profile
linda...safe travels!!!!!
isn't it great that yo yo's are so portable!

i only have part of my fabric and buttons-guess i need to shop--oh darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  5:49:56 PM  Show Profile
Sent off packages to Elaine, Michelle, and Lorrie last week. I hope got them okay. I hope to get more out this next week.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  02:05:01 AM  Show Profile
Julie...good for you!!!! So, far...I have only cut out my hearts and circles. And bought my
buttons.

I need to get with it!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  02:44:44 AM  Show Profile
Sorry my email is shellymhanline@gmail.com

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  6:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Mailed Debi's out on Saturday
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  01:29:25 AM  Show Profile
Julie,

I rec. my package yesterday and your yo-yo's look great, they are so much prettier than mine ()(that's me being green with crafting envy!) and so much smaller too! I hope I am doing them right . I have only attempted the round ones and trying to do them when I feel so awful I think they have a mind of their own and they know! Anyway....I just wanted to let you know I had rec. them and they are great! The tea was much appreciated and helped me in the middle of the night when I had a hard time sleeping, but the choclate was the real treat! It's funny even when you are sick as a dog sometimes a little 'sugar' will help your mood and it sure helped mine! Thanks sis!

One day closer to being over this junk in my lungs,
Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  07:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Penny I never recieved my mailing list. My email is shellymhanline@gmail.com can someone else please send it to me?

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  1:02:39 PM  Show Profile
Shelly... Margo is the one who sends out the list. Email her directly!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  5:53:24 PM  Show Profile
shelly - i sent it out just now--sorry! was in the hospital....next time it's easier if you email the person asking you through this site- then your email address is "caught" in their email....

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  06:11:33 AM  Show Profile
I did send Margo an email and I also posted it on the forum.

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  07:15:02 AM  Show Profile
sorry-never got the email!sometimes there is a problem with the emails from this site!
did you rec've the list last nite? let me know if you didn't and i'll re=send....

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  1:23:51 PM  Show Profile
Margo...dear heart how are you doing? I saw that you were in the Hospital...what happened? Or is it all related to your breast cancer? We are all praying for you so keep us updated.

I finished my yoyo's for the first five yoyo mama's on our list.
Will be mailing them out real soon...and will start working on the last five. This time with so many of us, it seemed less daunting to break it up into manageable groups.

How is everyone else doing????

Have a great day girls!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  7:46:28 PM  Show Profile
peg-my cancer surgery was monday-lumpectomy and lymph nodes- saw the surgeon today-still have my drain til tuesday.... the scar won't be bad and he got all of the cancer-still have more chemo and radiation.

i confess that i haven't even bought my fabric yet- i should pull outta this one.....maybe i'll get a burst of energy this weekend?????

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  8:28:58 PM  Show Profile
Margo, if my vote counts,don't drop out!! we care more about you, than the yoyo's. Hang in there, give yourself time, you will get to feeling better. There is still plenty of time. Glad you have this behind you, and on to the next battle. You can win! Keep your chin up, thinking about you and praying for you. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  10:49:36 PM  Show Profile
I vote that you dont drop out, too, Margo. If you arent up to making them, thats fine; but you will get them.
Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  12:00:49 AM  Show Profile
Margo...I vote with everyone else. You are what is important to us. If you don't feel like making them don't. But we are still going to send to you. We want you to get your energy up for your next round
of treatment.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  02:41:41 AM  Show Profile
Please don't drop out, I agree with everyone else! I don't mind sending mine to you and hope you find them and everyone elses something to bring joy to you. I've been down and everyone has been so nice to wish me well and mine is nothing compared to yours, you hang in there girl and accept all the love and prayers coming your way and if we don't get them from you we'll just make some more and stick 'em in where yours should have been - No Biggie!!! - Just get better and we'll catch you on one of the next rounds with open arms.

Prayers and hugs and farmgirl love to you,

Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #7 -Heart Yo Yo Swap with a twist! Update Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page