Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  8:22:27 PM  Show Profile
EWWWWWWW, we have spiders all over the outside carport, doors, pation, deck, even a few in the house. My cats smash them during the night. In the morning I sweep up lots of them. Gross. I'm going to try all of the above, it may take some time, but somethings got to help. They are totally gross.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  09:06:45 AM  Show Profile
Going to the woods to gather hedge balls. We have lots. Our well house is made of cement blocks and the spiders live in the holes in the blocks. When the guys have to get into the wellhouse to do repairs, they have to lean over the blocks. Going to put a hedge ball in every hole. Our storage sheds are also full of spiders. Grandson sets off bombs in his shed, I haven't yet but I'll throw in some hedge balls into mine. In the celler also. Gee, this sounds almost too simple to work.

Ole Ron was bitten by a brown spider about 40 years ago. Didn't go to the Dr right away. He had a horrible ugly black hole in his leg. It took 18 weeks to heal. I can't imagine my baby being bitten.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  8:22:15 PM  Show Profile
Gross, after two floods from hurricanes, we had spiders all over the outside of the house, and inside.
I've almost got the inside spiders under control, but every third day I go outside and spray the house with a hose to knock them down. Those things just keep coming back. I wonder if vinegar would help.
Alee may know this.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  6:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Saw the topic and jumped right on in...seems were having a stellar spider season here too...Just moved to a new place and battling spiders outside and in...will now double efforts! Been a big debate on wether to spray some spider stuff at least outside trying to handle it without the chemicals but might come to that.I am totally creeped out now!!!!

Katie Im sorry to here about Chloe but glad to here she's recovering well!!
Go to Top of Page

JulieJ
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Julie
In The Trees MD
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  08:11:31 AM  Show Profile
Thought those of you fighting the Stink Bugs would like to know this stuff works GREAT if you get them with a direct hit of it. They are starting to swarm our house looking for someplace cozy for the winter.

Edited by - JulieJ on Sep 21 2009 10:17:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

countrymum
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Lorie
PA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  08:31:33 AM  Show Profile
I wonder, does the lavendar spray work on those hairy centipede things? I have those and I really don't like them. I was told they eat spiders. Anyone know?

"Life is brief & very fragile. Do that which makes you happy."- Flavia
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  12:20:19 PM  Show Profile
After reading all of the postings, that is it for me, I am calling the spray people to come and spray my house Monday!!!!!!!!!!! We never had this many spiders, but after two floods they are all over the place.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  06:20:39 AM  Show Profile
We have always called those oranges "Orchard Balls". I had no idea they could deter spiders! I can't wait to hear if you ladies have found something that's worked. I'm sick to death over finding these spiders in corners, and I feel bad killing them! I try to take the bigger ones out to the garden and let them go, but, the smaller ones I just hit with the broom!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Spider repellent for your house Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page