Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills
 Farmgirl Thinking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills: Previous Topic Farmgirl Thinking Next Topic  

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  1:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
Funny story...well because it ended well. Think desert, 99 in the shade, 106 today easy 12:30 pm. UV Index 12 Sunshine, lots of sunshine. I got up very early this morning to tend to the yard. My husband helped out too. We went in and had lunch and I thought I would just do a couple of more things and husband went to the garage to tinker. We are in such a habit of locking the sliding glass door when we close it because of neighborhood robberies, he just forgot, slid the door closed, locked the handle down and went into the garage where he has attic fans, swamp cooler etc running. Now he is already hard of hearing. And when he tinkers, he really stays and tinkers. Flash to I'm finished in the yard, and even my hat is no longer keeping me cooler. So I go to go indoors and am locked out. I have been purposefully not carrying my cell phone everywhere with me on property, because it is too nuts to be always available. Now, I could have used my phone if I had it with me. (I guess I will go back to carrying it in my pocket even in the yard). So, I am hoping, it is time for his bathroom break..no, no luck there as I pound on the slider door and various windows. I go to each side of the house and give a yell out...Roger, Roger!! To no avail. Okay, I could try to climb over the five foot fence but would probably cut my hands in doing so, even with gardening gloves...we have the wrought iron with spiked toppers just to give yard hopping bandits one more hurdle, so they will pick an easier target. So I am thinking, what sound do most people hear even if they are hard of hearing. I knew the garage door was cracked to let out the warm air and assist the swamp cooler, so voila...I got the hose, put on the high pressure nozzle, turned it full on, and from the side yard began sprinkling the roof area that would eventually drip down in front of the garage door and sound like rain, and if he glanced out he would see water running down as if we were in a monsoon. (haven't had those for the past two years and we are over due here in Nevada). I persisted for just two minutes, and suddenly Roger appears and says, Hey..what's with all the water? HA!! GOT YA...Attention getter. So I say, It isn't raining, but you locked me out of the house. So beet red I am finally let in. Whew...water, air conditioning, so cool! We had a laugh, and I could see him thinking as he walked back to the garage, "Huh, over the years she's really learned to use her brain." And I'm thinking..."Oh, you just don't know what a Farmgirl can do!" Yeah! After 34 years of marriage, he has learned not to underestimate me..and now with the power of Farmgirl, he defers to me a lot more than he used to. HA!!
What Farmgirl Thinking has helped you out?
Annie

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  3:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Annie, that's some smart farmgirl thinking. Leave it to us to use our brains to get out of a bind! (Especially one that we didn't get OURSELVES into!)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  8:55:58 PM  Show Profile
That is a funny story.

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  09:51:15 AM  Show Profile
Annie!

Cute, cute story. Thanks for sharing it.

Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  7:37:54 PM  Show Profile
Funny story. I loved it. Thanks for sharing with us.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills: Previous Topic Farmgirl Thinking Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page