melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3309 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3309 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  06:46:57 AM  Show Profile
Last night DH, DD, DS scrambled over to Wal-Mart to pick up cat litter, cat food and a collar for our newest soon to be member of the family "Frankie" the cat-Our local shelter is sponsoring a "Black Friday" special on adoption rates...Anyway...While in the store our neighbors walked in and regaled my family with an incident that just occurred a few minutes prior at our local Shopko. Apparently, while waiting in line one gentleman who didn't want to lose his place in line-Dropped his pants and proceeded to defecate on the floor right in front of our neighbors-I am at a loss for words-

What is wrong with people when it comes to Black Friday??

What does this say about our society and this manic need to BUY, BUY, BUY in such a disruptive and uncivilized FRENZY?

Thoughts anyone?

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  06:57:21 AM  Show Profile
good lord
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  09:36:56 AM  Show Profile
Good gravy. How disgusting. Appalling. There aren't even words.

Melody, I have no idea what people are thinking today. My hubby and I were watching a comedian the other night whose routine basically encompassed his observations of ignorant or disgusting behavior of people in public and the lack of social graces that were once common among the civilized years ago. It was funny at first, and then my husband and I started discussing how we have experienced many of the same things. It is just mind-blowing what people do without giving any thought or any consideration for others. I think society has just become so desensitized over the years that so many people really do live as though "anything goes." It's horrifying, and it's definitely not just a "Black Friday" thing. I guess we just have to continue to instill goodness and grace at home and pray that somehow those of us who care will inspire others by example.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  09:53:45 AM  Show Profile
I think I am going to get sick now. My stomach started feeling queezy after reading that.

My son ask me last night if I would go to Wal-mart with him at 8 o'clock to buy some items they were going to have on sale. So being the wonderful mother I am I said sure. When I stopped by to pick him up from his house one of his friends were there and said he was going to go with him. So I said wonderful. After i left to come back home I thought I am going to swing by there and see how crowded it was. I was thinking well they were suppose to have king size sheet sets for 19.00 dollars. I might just run in and grab a set. Wrong I was in shock. The store was completely surrounded with cop cars with their lights on. I had to go clear around to the back by the dumpsters to even find a place to park. I called my son and ask if he had made it there yet and he said yes they were just pulling in the parking lot. I offered to save the space by the dumpster for him because I told him there was no way I was going in there. He started laughing and said okay. I told him to please be careful. I came home and found sheet sets on the JC Penny store site for 14.00 dollars. They ship for free. No way will I venture into a store for the next couple of days. Wow is people that desperate or what. I saw on the news this morning where the parking lots were completely full at the malls. No wonder the flu bug spreads around here so much. LOL

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3309 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3309 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  10:37:46 AM  Show Profile
How did it get so out of hand?? DH and I went thrifting at the local GoodWill and St. Vincents this morning in an older part of town where back in the 70's it was THE place to go Christmas shopping. I retold a story about how one Christmas season it was snowing lightly and busy and how I would pop into one store, then walk over to another and do some window shopping...Each store had subtle classic Christmas carols and the whole time you felt the ATMOSPHERE of the season. I feel bad that my children have not experienced that and probably never will....That's very, very sad and disturbing.

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  11:14:48 AM  Show Profile
Unbelievable! There isn't a single item in the world worth that much to me. I went Black Friday-ing one time, 5 years ago, with daughter and granddaughter. Never again. I shop on-line and on Monday and Tuesday mornings. I have the mall to myself!

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  11:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i agree, no way would i go near a Wal-Mart under those conditions. and if others felt the same, W-M won't be open on the holidays like that.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  3:30:03 PM  Show Profile
Well said, Nini. I refuse to watch such degrading behavior on TV, online, etc...
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  05:06:57 AM  Show Profile

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13586 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13586 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  10:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I, too, am at a loss for words!
God help us!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  2:49:17 PM  Show Profile
Well I am normally a very peaceful person, but just a thought. If there weren't people in line on black Friday that actually NEED to be there then if we just mowed them all down that would clear out the gene pool pretty good. Not really considering it, nor would I condone it but.... just sayin IF. When my daughters worked and lived 120 miles away they could never come for Thanksgiving because it was to hard and unsafe for them to get back on the snowy roads Thanksgiving night to work the next day... black Friday....sheesh....stupid! One daughter worked at Hastings and the other at Wal mart. They would get yelled at and cussed at all day black friday by "customers". Thanksgiving is family time from Thur morn to Sun evening. People should have some respect for family values.
And as for the public pooper, someone should have rubbed his nose in it like the subhuman animal he is. Not meaning to equate him with animals who have way better manners.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  4:45:21 PM  Show Profile
astounding...
marianne
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2012 :  06:17:39 AM  Show Profile
I detest Black Friday. It calls out the crazies (no offense to anyone)

I posted a "funny" on my blog yesterday.

2011 Farmgirl of the Year
July 2012 Farmgirl of the Month
Farmgirl #800
My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://roosterscrowfarm.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Black Friday... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: