Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  04:55:21 AM  Show Profile
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! I hope each and everyone of you has a wonderful day filled with everything that makes you happy! Aside from how my life has been, I'm very happy it's Christmas!

Last night David and I had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner but pared down for two people. And David made it for me this year! All of it is homemade and Swedish as I am a 100% American-Swede. Like Darlys, I come from Minnesota. He fixed Swedish meatballs, rice pudding, lefse, small boiled potato's, lignonberries (those we actually bought), and asparagus. Had there been more of us, we would have had a buffet and included potato sausage, ham, shrimp, herring for those who will eat it, various cheeses, various rolls and hardtack, sweet potato's, summer sausage, various olives and pickles, along with pickled beets. And always seven deserts. The older generation would eat lutefisk, but in my book, it's disgusting and I've never served it. I can barely have herring on the table!

Today, it would be just the close family exchanging presents and we would eat leftovers. So today he and I will eat leftovers and will have appetizer type food out all day to graze on. We will watch It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol, the one with George C. Scott. I also thought I would make popcorn balls to send to my father, as he always had them as a child and I will use the popcorn I grew this summer.

We are not exchanging gifts in the traditional sense this year. Instead we have purchased a Simple Pump (brand name) for our well so when we lose power we still have water and a new Memory Foam bed. I did sneak out and get a new flat screen TV to go in the bedroom too, so I can hole up there are winter reading, sleeping, and watching TV.

It's cold here, about 19 right now, but very little snow, just a dusting still. Hopefully it will get up to the high 20's for our Christmas Day!

Nancy, I love the sock monkey card!! My luvy as a child was a sock monkey my grandmother made me. I still have it. When I was a kid my brother talked me into licking the freezer shelf. Mom had to bring water down and pour it over and around my tongue to get me loose. She was NOT happy as we had a houseful of company at the time. My tongue hurt for days after that!

Bunny, cute skirts!!! I love the last one, again, very colorful and I love the unevenness. Good luck on Etsy!

Holly, we use bags for gifts too instead of wrapping, although this year, no presents. I have always hated to wrap presents. Dad always took care in taking the paper of his presents though, so we recycled the paper. He'd pass around his pocket knife so we would cut the tape perfectly off. That's what comes from living in the depression I guess. I made bags years ago, mainely for my SIL who has RDS and can't use her right hand at all. So it was easier for her and then we all started using them. GREAT IDEA BUNNY! They'd probably sell well on Etsy.

I want to thank all of you for the cards I have gotten too! And for being here for me! I love you all, even if I have never met you!

Merry Christmas!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques
www.etsy.com/shop/thedewhopinn

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  06:48:46 AM  Show Profile
MERRY CHRISTMAS. HAPPY CHANUKAH
MERRY OR HAPPY YULE ALL MY WONDERFUL FARM SISTERS EVERYWHERE

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  07:07:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning and merry Christmas!!

We had a traditional Christmas Eve turkey with all the trimmings dinner with some very dear friends. We played Scrabble and ate and exchanged small gifts and really had a great time.

This morning, Jenny & my wonderful hubby let me sleep in until 7:45. Actually I woke up first. We opened our gifts, fed the chickens and ate bacon for breakfast. We had gifts for the dogs and it was so funny watching them with their heads shoved in their bags, trying to get the 'goodies' from the bottom. Squeeky toys for them to 'kill' & new blankies for them. Although, we found that we have a mouse and with both dogs being Jack Russell's, I don't know what will get 'killed' first-the squeekies or the mouse!!

Oldest daughter & her boy friend will be here for dinner. Ham, sweet rolls & pies. Well, when I asked them what they wanted, hubby said pie, Jenny said ham & daughter said sweet rolls. What else do you need?

Well, I wish you all a happy day, lots of cheer and everything you want for a merry Christmas!!

In spite of all the bad, stressful junk that happens to us all year, Christmas is like a redeeming, rejuvenating time of year. I'm really enjoying myself and hope you all are too.

Before I go, I just had to add my congrats to Bunny for those skirts. I marvel at your creativity. New skirts out of old t-shirts. And I agree with the others, the last one is truly colorful. You have so much talent. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Thank you all, who sent me get well cards, prayers,and Christmas cards. They are all much appreciated.

Virtual hugs to everybody!!! (((((----))))). Merry Christmas and God bless us all!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  08:43:40 AM  Show Profile
My Goodness its a beautiful bright sunny snowy Christmas morning! Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  09:12:09 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas everyone. I woke up to a snowy white Christmas Day.

Just mom and I. We decided to have a small prime rib, artichokes,( so California), mash potatoes with sour cream and horseradish for me and a yam for mom, shrimp salad and I'm making a concoction of Nutella, cream cheese and walnuts rolled up in puff pastry and sliced into little rolls for dessert with candy cane ice cream.

Unfortunately I have to go out into the snow to feed my pet sitting kitties. Hoping to hear a snow plow later.

Thelma, your birthday card is going to be late. Sorry about that.

Stay safe and warm!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  5:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Merry Christmas to everyone. We just returned from Christmas dinner with our camping friends. it has become a tradition now, we have done it 5 years now. (my folks are in SC, and DH's have passed). it was a peaceful way to spend Christmas Day.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  1:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

There is nothing like the adrenaline rush of waking up with a small child to see if Santy Claus has left any packages under the tree. Ross was sooooo excited. He woke up several times in the night asking if Santa had come yet. Where is he now?

So, we had a very nice winter holiday. Even the grumpy adolescents rallied to have an enjoyable day. Two of the big boys came for the day. I always play Rici a couple of games of Flinch. It is a counting card game. Rici is spelled as it is because when he came we needed a way for him to write his name in school that had few reversible letters and not too many hard ones to form. His hands do not work so well. His name is Enrique but he likes Rici. Anyway, when he walks in he says, "I am going to whip your butt this time, Mama." Some times he does. Yesterday he was snoozing and we laughed when I won and he did not realize it. then we laughed when he won.

Our meal was very similar to Thanksgiving. Turkey, gravy, stuffing and mashed potatoes with apple crisp for dessert. We used to make more items but these are what the children like to eat.

This morning the temperature was looking directly at the big egg on the thermometer. It has risen to twenty by now. The weather guessers are saying 6 to 15 inches with some areas having more. If the storm hits us we will be one of the more areas. When Jan said she got 10 inches I hoped it would come our way.

I do like lefsa and pickled herring. I have not had lutefisk and from the reports of people I know who have I probably would find it less than appetizing. Geez the spell check underlines the word if I begin to spell it wrong and then I must figure out the correct way. Appetizing took me a while. lol

Sweet dreams everyone,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  1:43:22 PM  Show Profile
We had a nice quiet Day yesterday, just hubby and I. I watch Christmas movies all day, hubby plays games on the computer. We fend for ourselves with so much left over from the night before, which was our Christmas with daughter and son. f course, I am the one and only cook, so it is all up to me each year. I keep telling my son(he is 42) that if he ever marries, make sue he marries a good cook so I can go to his house for meals!!! LOL!!! I doubt he will every marry, he likes his life as an antique dealer, and nobody to worry about but himself. My daughter too, she is 34, single, and never wants to get married. She marries once 9 years ago, and it lasted for 3 months!!! I don't think there is anyone that she can get along with. It's her way, or no way!!
Holly, the storm that you are getting is the latest one that missed us. We still have about a foot on the ground, here to stay now. It was zero degrees when I got up today, no heatwaves in the near future. Glad your Christmas Day was nice.
Hope the rest of you had a wonderful day. I am anxious to get going on sewing and crafting now. Christmas just comes and goes so fast, you close your eyes and it passes you by!!!!! On with winter projects!!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  2:05:49 PM  Show Profile
Jan you are right--the big buildup to one frantic day and then it's all over for another year. I enjoyed reading about all the different foods and traditions you all have. It will sound weird to you but a Mexican feast for Christmas Eve or day is popular here in Texas. I always stayed with turkey and all the trimmings but my daughter fixed tacos, sour cream enchiladas, Mexican rice and beans. Sangria to drink. It was good. They also have their own tradition of going to the movies CHRISTMAS afternoon. So we saw the Hobbit and then les Miserables the hobbit was not my cup of tea but my GD liked it. I enjoyed les mis. But I did not think it appropriate for her. My daughter said it was rated PG13 so she thought it would be ok. True to Texas weather when we went in to the theater at 1:30 it was t-shirt weather and when we came out it was 28 degrees and we had not brought coats. We had been in the theater so long we couldn't remember where we had parked. And the wind was blowing. Wow. I don't think I have ever been so cold.

Today I am tired so eating left overs and Lounging in my pjs is all I'm doing. Real life can start again tomorrow.

And now may I be the first to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  3:29:15 PM  Show Profile
Boo!, Scared ya huh!
Just popped in to say Hi and tell ya, I am missing you all. Someday I will retire again and come back to life. 16 hour days and I am exhausted. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and thank you for the cards! Love each and every one of you!

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  7:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Happy "Day After", everyone. In our house, we kept Christmas well. My son was home from college and my good friend was visiting (two of our three kids made it home for Christmas this year ). Christmas Eve we attended a beautiful church service an a historical church in downtown Phoenix, and then we hosted my father and step mom for dinner and presents. Our neighbors always line the street around our house with shining luminaria, and I look forward to seeing this every year. Christmas morning we enjoyed stockings (Santa comes for everyone in the house), good family time with food and gifts, and then a yummy Christmas meal with my mom and her husband. There were so many great moments and we made many wonderful memories. I am grateful for such a happy Christmas.

So now I am "post holiday glow"...enjoying the beautify of the tree and sitting with my feet up for a bit.

I know that some parts of the country are having nasty weather right now...please stay warm and safe, everyone.

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  07:18:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm doing a little chickie poo catching up while I'm waiting for the coffee to brew. I am glad so many of you posted your Christmas traditions. It is nice to realize that not all parts of the US celebrate like we do here in Iowa. Dar and I went to Church on Christmas eve. It was beautiful! Everyone held lit candles and we sang the traditional music for the season. When we returned home we apened our stash. This is a new tradition the we started after Darwin had his stroke and was no longer able to shop for surprises. During the year we let SALE items fall into our carts that we really don't need. I wrap these items and put them away. On Chrsitmas Eve we open them and enjoy our creative shopping experiences. Some items are "What was I thinking" and others are rather cool. Another tradition we started was to ask the grand kids what they want to eat for the holiday meal. This year we had chili in bread bowls, adult mac and cheese (it doesn't come out of a blue bak :)), ham and cheese sandwhichs and brownies topped with green ice-cream and crushed candy canes. Everything made the day before (except mac and cheese) so food was easy and fun. We also had way to many cookie platters, meat and cheese trays, dips, chips, ect. There aree only 9 of us but we could have fed an army. Lots of leftovers. TODAY IS A NO SUGAR DAY! I am not feeling the greatest as I was not careful what I ate.
Holly is it your birthday today? Last year I thought it was the 17th but now I think it is the 27th. If it is the 27th we could celebrate together.

I'm going to Forest City today to get some blood work done and get my car tags. Maybe I'll have time to hit the Quilted Forest before we leave town. Snow storm on the way so don't want to get stranded
Have a great day everyone. Remember the hope, joy, peace and love that radiates daily out of this holidy season taa taa

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 27 2012 07:23:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  07:49:21 AM  Show Profile
I have already posted a book but I do want to take another minute and thank everyone for the cards and gifts that you have sent my way in the past few weeks. I know that you understand my health issues, but I still feel badly that I was unable to get cards and gifts to you birthday gals these past several weeks. I hope to do a better job in 2013. Holly your package came and I had to open it right away. I love this book! I used to read it every other year or two, but I lost my copy when we moved. I was going to go on line and see if I could find a copy. So Thank you! thank you! thank you! Kathy, thank you for the bath treatment. Tell Jennifer that I will write again soon. Nancy I also want to thank you for the cards and bookmarks. Are you the one who sent me a subscription to Country living magazine? Who ever did thank you. It is a favorite magazine of mine and I let my subscription run out. Ginny and Jan I loved the tea.

I know we don't have to send cards, letters, or items back and forth, but I sure do enjoy getting and giving. My mom was from a family of 16 children. They lived in many different parts of the US as many worked for the railroads. My aunts would always send us stuff in the mail. Sometimes it was something small like a crocheted snow flake or hankie and sometimes I got a grand surprise like a doll or a book. Now that I have hooked up with my sister chicks I can once again keep the snail mail surprises going. Taa taa chickie poos. Will try to post more often so you don't have to read a book every time I get on.

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 27 2012 07:57:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  10:01:54 AM  Show Profile
First and foremost - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HOLLY AND THELMA! I hope you both have an awesome birthday! My SIL's birthday is also today. A lot of wonderful women were born on this day!

We are finally getting the snow storm some of you have had. It's sleeting more than snowing, so it's a big mess and very slippery. We only have about 4 inches of snow & probably that much slush too! That's the problem living on the coast, you end up with a mix all the time. I'm sitting here at work listening to the scanner and the guys over in the RCC (regional communications center or your 911) who are across the hall and there are a few to many people out that think they can go somewhere. A busy day for the first responders and tow trucks! Everything is closed down so I don't understand why they don't stay home and relax, have fun with the family, or get stuff done around the house! I sure would if I could, lol!

Bunny, I read Prime Rib was the most googled recipe on Christmas! Will have to try it some year.

Gypsy - I would have loved to been at your daughter's, I love Mexican food anytime, any where! I can relate to it being a Christmas meal, especially in TX! Sounds yummy! Not sure I could have handled two movies though, I can see why you're tired today.

We didn't watch the movies we thought we were going to because David was called to the Library as the cleaning woman found it without heat and it's been so cold at night, in the single digits, he was afraid the pipes would burst. He had to get a technician out to fix the furnace and then get the oil tank filled, not an easy task on Christmas Day. He is President of the Board of Trustees for the library. It isn't owned by our town, it's "owned" by this board. So he was gone about 2 1/2 hours. Then shortly after he got back my brother called me from Los Vegas and had me on the phone for 3 hours! I have never known him to be so talkative but I'm guessing he was lonely since his kids all live out east. It was great to speak to him though!

Holly - I can just picture Ross's excitement! I actually miss having little ones around. I remember being woken at 4 am one year and by 7 am we were done with presents so David and I went back to bed, while Alana played. I use to love to play Flinch as a kid. Glad you are keeping it as a tradition.

Have a great week ladies! I better get back to work, my lunch break is over.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Can you guess what we watch being lowered on New Years Eve/Day? I'll tell you the story next post.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  10:07:24 AM  Show Profile

Our library, built in 1893.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  3:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Hello Everyone,

Happy Birthday to Thelma and Holly. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday.

Ginny, I enjoyed seeing the picture of your library. It is a beautiful old building, filled with character as well as books. Thanks for sharing.

We just got back from dropping our son off at the airport. He is on his way back to college on the East Coast; he must return to school after only a week of his one month break from classes to resume basketball. It is so hard to say goodbye to any of the kids, but even more difficult to send our son back to school, knowing that he could be here with us for a few more weeks. I miss him so much when he is at school. (Two of my three kids live out of state, and if I had just one wish it would be for all the kids to live nearby so we could share the daily events of our lives together). I am hoping that my husband and I will be able to visit our son soon and catch a couple of his basketball games. That will be great fun, but for today, I am sad. Having the kids home is a special kind of joy, the very best kind of joy.

Hope that everyone is having a good day.

Warmly,
Pam

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  5:26:51 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I think we can all relate. My oldest son came for Thanksgiving and when he left I was so sad. It is hard when they grow up and move away. Hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like everyone had a decent Christmas. It was pretty quiet here. But Mom and I had a pretty amazing Christmas dinner. I have been sewing for the last few days. Loving it. I wish I could just do this full time and earn a living creating.

Hope you all stay safe and warm. The weather was nice today. It was in the 40's and the sun came out. I'm sure it will be frosty tonight.
My serger is behaving nicely. I am now using both my mom's and mine. I have one color thread on mom's and a different color on mine so I don't have to spend time re-threading hers. It takes forever! Mine is still being a bit cranky but we are getting along much better. Enough to almost have my 5th skirt done. Then they all go in the wash to see if they hold up.

Later... dinner time. Leftovers! yea!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  5:27:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh, sorry.... Happy Birthday Holly and Thelma! Thelma, your card should be in the mail tomorrow. Sorry about that.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  5:41:26 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We have had a lovely snowfall all night, all day and now into the night. We had about ten inches of new snow the last time I looked. Tomorrow may be a good sliding and snowman making day. I hope the sun comes out with on of those brilliant winter skies.

The Flinch game Rici and I use is one my mother gave me when I was about ten. Underneath each six is a red line so I must have had confusion issues with sixes and nines.

Pam It would be nice if sports coaches understood about vacations and family time. Talie who plays JV basketball in high school has a practice or a game each day of vacation except Sundays. It would have been nice if your son could have spent some time at home visiting and eating and sleeping.

I had a wonderful birthday today. All of the people who were to come as guests could not come because of the weather but we had a nice meal anyway. Cheri made a red lasagna with ricotta cheese and a white lasagna with different seafoods in it. I had a coconut cake with whipped cream and ice cream for dessert. My sister who lives in Missouri called and we chatted for a while. So much so that Ross said mama can you stop talking and open your presents?

I would like to thank everyone who sent me a present or card. They brightened my day. I was unable to get to the mailbox today so I may have more surprises tomorrow especially since the wonderful Darlys said my birthday present would arrive on my birthday.

I think however there was a mix up from the northwest in my birthday card because I received a belated birthday post card addressed to Marianne. So, should I keep it or should I send it to Marianne. I was very amused because I think some else had a similar mix up earlier in the year. I was honored to have joined that group.

Anyone who is not on the birthday list should send their name and address with birthday information to Penny and she will send out the info. If you need Penny's email address ask one of us.

Sweet dreams everyone,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  5:47:33 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday Holly today and Thelma tomorrow, right?
I think we all relate to that terrible feeling we have when one of our chickies leaves no matter how old they are. I grieve for a week every time my son leaves because I dont know when I will see him again. He lives in Hawaii. He says he suffers from homesickness for at least a week every time he goes back, too, so it's not just us.

The weather here has been cold and dreary. I am really needing some sunshine. I am one of those people who suffers from SAD if that is a real disorder. All I know is I can literally feel myself come out of the funk when the sun comes out.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  5:52:38 PM  Show Profile
Holly you posted while I was writing. Glad you had a wonderful day. You brighten all our days with your faithful posting to this thread

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  5:58:39 PM  Show Profile
Good to know that holidays went well for everyone. We had a nice Christmas, but Christmas night my son was taken to the hospital by ambulance after having a seizure. We still don't know what caused it, but we are hoping at this point that it hasn't caused any permanent neurological damage.

Happy Birthday to Thelma and Holly.

Ginny, that's a great looking old Library building. I love old architecture.

Have a great week. Sisters. I'll try to keep up now that the holidays are behind us.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  6:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Phyllis, I am so sorry about your son and hope he has full recovery. Please know your sisters are here for you
Please keep us posted on how he does. Our thoughts and prayers are with you

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  6:49:08 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Holly and Thelma. Hope you had a great day, sounds like you did, Holly. I bet Ross is tickled to have all that snow. We had 10 inches, but it is so cold here, it is not packing snow to make snowmen. I have been trying to get out and make one for 3 years now, but everytime we have alot of snow, it will not stick together enough to even make a snowball.
Sounds like all are doing well and had a good Christmas.
Phyllis, sorry to hear about your son. Hope everything works out well for him.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  7:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I feel terrible. I bet that belated card was from me. Yes, Marianne got one too. Could you send hers to her? Keep the tuck in though.
Marianne, If you are out there, you got Holly's birthday card too. Boy did I mess up big time. So sorry you guys.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly