rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  8:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, it will be a trying few months for him, but he will be stronger and more sure of himself for having done it. Try to give your worries up to the universe. And Holly is right, leave the dress as it is. It is very cute.

Holly, shiny things are only one of my distractions!! I bet the barn will be cozier now with the plexiglass up.

Gypsy, being able to get into nature is healing for everyone, but more for some than others. B seems to be of nature needers.

Jan, thanks for the selling wishes. I will move in the winter. I have done it before and it wasn't really that challenging.

Marie, enjoy your extra day off from school.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  08:16:15 AM  Show Profile
I have been looking at the weather that Jan, Marie and maybe Holly are expecting. Good grief, girls. Take care. Stay safe and warm. Thank goodness, you have the heaters working, right?

It is crisp, clear and about 19 degrees here. Still skating about...but, lucky that we have no wind. I guess it is time to completely give up on getting an offer from that couple that took measurements...moving on.

This Friday or early Saturday, dd and boyfriend are heading here for our Christmas celebration. I started getting some of the food stuff ready yesterday! We will officially celebrate on the 13th with our favorite foods and exchange our gifts. Talk about anti-climatic! But, everyone is really looking forward to being together, playing our games, doing a puzzle and watching some junk tv.

I was silly enough to knit a sweater for yellow dog. That will get us some big laughs. Looking forward to having the kids open that present! Now I am working on one for the Chihuahua so they can be "twins." What a ghastly waste of time, no? I guess it is worth it for the laugh.

Thinking of you. Stay warm...even you Gypsy, in those frigid 60s! And Bunny, at least we have some sunshine today. Have a good day at school...
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  10:28:51 AM  Show Profile
It is 25 degrees here this morning, but will only drop to the 40s tonight. Up and down, warm one day and cold the next so the body can not adjust, makes it easier to get sick, I think. At least we are getting sun with the colder weather, and rain with the warmer, so we are getting a break there.

I read back a couple of pages and my posts aren't there. No big deal. I'm dealing with the usual January blahs and can't think of anything intelligent to say anyway.
I'm trying to motivate myself to go to the gym and then get ingredients for beef stew so we will have a light supper before we start back to dance classes tonight.
We have moved up to level 2 in the four dances we are working on. So it will be a bit more challenging. This time of year I would like to just hibernate but must keep the body moving. When you get older, it truly is "use it or lose it"

Mar, I'm sorry you have yet another disappointment on the house. I just took my building off the market. No more tire kickers for a while. Maybe I will try renting some of the space for a while. I'm actually relieved to not have to try to sell the house now. B is very motivated to help get some income from the real estate so he can quit his computer job. Last week he was working on a two million dollar project and he has a boss that gripes over a $2o mistake. So I want him to be able to quit too. There is a reason the job is called "estimating". It is not an exact science. But he has an employer who seems to have no tact and is prone to take his bad moods to the office. B escapes most of it because he is an independent consultant but he just doesn't like working for such a jerk.

Bunny, I hope you are feeling better. I look at your etsy store every couple of days to see what's new, and you've got some great pieces, and a nice variety for different tastes.

Stay warm and dry everybody and have a happy day.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jan 06 2014 10:35:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  10:38:59 AM  Show Profile
hello gals! sorry that i have been away for so long. i was off work for 2 weeks and that is where my computer is located. had a small christmas of just me and the dogs and it was fine. oldest brother had cataract surgery and didn't feel like doing anything and the other brother depends on him. sister is in oklahoma. pipe busted and had to borrow money to get it fixed and now have to figure out how to pay that back..sigh. but it is going to be a glorious year! i have decided that. worked on 4 quilt tops - sounds like a lot but i just made up a bunch of 4 patches and when i got tired of doing that, started separating them to see what i had and i have enough for 3 tops (lap size_ and the other pattern i found in a magazine. will be giving them to Hospice when I am thru with them. they still check on me regularly and i do appreciate that. sorry that i haven't read all of the pages i have missed so far but, bunny, glad your business is doing better! holly, just love hearing how all of you celebrate the holidays, marie, hang in there. you have to decide what is best for you and then go for it. will try to catch up later..
hugs to all
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  11:37:16 AM  Show Profile
Janie! How delightful to hear from you. We have all missed you and talked about -- Have you heard from Janie? Sorry about the busted pipe. Seems that so many of us have had a stroke of bad luck already this winter. Jan had some fun with her furnace. I am dealing with the ups and downs of trying to sell the house. Bunny has her mom's reverse mortgage on again, off again. Gypsy is blissfully dancing through the days with all the growing pains of a fresh relationship. Although she is dealing with much colder weather than I gave her credit for (sorry, G). Holly had a big repair job in her barn just a day ago... Life goes on, you are "somewhat" caught up and we are glad you are back.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  12:42:03 PM  Show Profile
Actually, Mar, you were right on the weather, for some of the time-- it's crazy--We had 60's just before we had 20's. I still can not kick this cold which has turned into a sinus infection I think. All my usual remedies don't work. We keep the inside temp at 72, which is too hot for me and too cold for him but it's what we agreed on. But then going out into a blast of cold feels lethal, then I get used to that, come back in and the house feels like an oven. So that's my gripe for the day.......we usually only have about a month of real winter but this year we're going on the second month and I can't take it......(whining)

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  3:05:04 PM  Show Profile
So right now it is 36 degrees. Tonight it will drop to 25. But by Friday, it's supposed to be 70 degrees. See what I mean?

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  3:24:40 PM  Show Profile
Janie, glad to see you back! We need more people to /whine / I ....mean converse with.

My mom called today and said she can't afford to do the reverse mortgage. The mortgage insurance tripled with the new plans being offered and she would have to come up with almost $7000 to qualify. I just don't know what to do right now. She has resources as a senior that I don't. She did ask if I would be willing to move to Eureka into a rental. I told her of course I would. My goal is to move back to California anyway. She has family there that she has connected with and is going to ask them to keep an eye out for us.

I haven't had any more sales. I figure it is just the January blues.
I logged into all my classes this morning. I'm taking them all online. So much to do. Each class requires me to submit an introduction about myself to a discussion board, email the instructor an integrity statement and a test in the syllabus. It took me until 3:30 to get through all 4 classes. That's not even doing any of the weekly assignments still due. I'm not looking forward to this quarter.

Between my mom's housing news, no sales and my 4 classes, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed today.

I need to power down for a while.

Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  3:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Janie, glad to see you back! We need more people to /whine / I ....mean converse with.

My mom called today and said she can't afford to do the reverse mortgage. The mortgage insurance tripled with the new plans being offered and she would have to come up with almost $7000 to qualify. I just don't know what to do right now. She has resources as a senior that I don't. She did ask if I would be willing to move to Eureka into a rental. I told her of course I would. My goal is to move back to California anyway. She has family there that she has connected with and is going to ask them to keep an eye out for us.

I haven't had any more sales. I figure it is just the January blues.
I logged into all my classes this morning. I'm taking them all online. So much to do. Each class requires me to submit an introduction about myself to a discussion board, email the instructor an integrity statement and a test in the syllabus. It took me until 3:30 to get through all 4 classes. That's not even doing any of the weekly assignments still due. I'm not looking forward to this quarter.

Between my mom's housing news, no sales and my 4 classes, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed today.

I need to power down for a while.

Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  3:56:26 PM  Show Profile
Online classes can be a blessing when you are faced with bad weather or don't feel like getting fully dressed. But, the instructors often feel they have to make up for the convenience by piling on the busy work. Eureka will be a step towards your goal, Bunny! I hope it works out.

Gypsy, the dry air from the heater bugs me. We have to run a humidifier 24 hours a day in the winter. I still get a dry sinus headache in the morning. I hope you feel better soon. That kind of swing in temperatures is difficult.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  3:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Mar, each class syllabus said to expect at least 9 hours of work for each class. That's a full time job. Good thing I don't have a job. I would never get all the work done.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  4:28:45 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I was so happy to see so many posts on here since last night. Today the phone company man came and installed our new DSL. It is a flat rate unlimited time so it is a much better deal than what we just gave up where we bought a certain amount of band width and if we used too much then we paid a lot more. So, I am typing away on the new system.

Cheri is on the selectboard for our town so she is at that meeting tonight. They are working on the town budget for the Town Meeting which will be the first Tuesday of March. It needs to be published in the annual report which needs to be mailed a certain number of weeks before the Town Meeting. She is so much better at process than I am. I like to see a problem and fix it. I am not too much into discussion and calming hurt feelings. I do that enough with the children.

Oh Bunny, how would you pack up your sewing room to move? I hope you sell a lot between now and then so the chaos could be eased.

Janiee I am so glad to here that you are well.

There was no school today in most of the state because of the rain and ice last night. We did school at home.

Temperatures were in the low thirties when we arose this morning. Forty degrees warmer than yesterday. I hear that it will drop down to 0 again soon.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  4:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Greetings y'all!! Sorry to all who are suffering due to this horrendous weather......15 here last night, -15 in Chicago(originally from!:)) Technically 30 degree difference, guess I should be excited in that case. But I am as annoyed as I was at 105 last summer! We have a great advantage though.....no snow, no ice, no rain! Luck continues!!!

Bunny...sorry you're down in the dumps, kiddo! Things will be better tomorrow! Look up and smile! You'll have more sales, your classes will bring you more possibilities and your living situation will be whatever you want it to be!

Gypsy....love the rings! Glad you were able to make a choice even if not perfect. Funny, I was on Pinterest a few days ago or so and looking at the listings and came across a lovely celtic ring....thought to myself, 'oh, Gypsy would love to see these' and then I realized that it was you who had just pinned it! :) I love the idea that B wants to get the farm in shape...I'll be the first to make reservations for the B&B!!

Mar....I love hearing your adventures with the neighbor! Guess you would prefer you didn't have the adventures with the neighbor but you must admit, it gives you much to talk about!! When the house is seen by the right person...it will happen! It's just a patience game....

Holly....your energy astounds me! Hope you can keep the house warm and the cows in and the kiddos wrangled! I have no doubt all those things will be in your sights! :)

Janie...It is soooo good to see you back on the board. Sorry you have been having some challenges! but happy you are over coming them....you can whine all you want! :)

Marie....I would not have handled the guy on the bus so gracefully! Glad Lowell found a singer...how is the teenager working out? Has he found a bassist yet? Again? I should make lists....I have them in my head at times but I really need to write them down.

My son came to pick me up yesterday to go to the Chinese Lantern Ceremony at Fair Park in Dallas....but my car is not running so he offered to take me to the grocery store and pickup some things. So we went to the store and I had quite a list and it took awhile... so when we got back to my place it was already starting and it would take another hour to get there sooooo he decided that we would have to do it another day. Besides all that, it was only 21 degrees and getting cooooolder by the minute.....I guess I was sorta relieved. We would have been popsicles by the time it was over. His gal had purchased the tickets before she knew about the weather and she was sick. So they have extended the run until February so I guess we will go later and then Shelly can join us!

Anyway....posting this before I lose it into the clouds!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  9:41:15 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

The school district has cancelled school for tomorrow so that means I'll have another week to prepare my knit/crochet class. I just copied 6 articles (3 for each) and I was going to hilite the pertinent facts I want the students to know. Now I can work on something else. Whooppee!

Today I went downtown to run some errands. I walked two blocks to the bus stop. The bus arrived almost right away. I rode downtown and took the skyways to the three buildings I needed to get to in order to mail a package, get my glasses adjusted and make copies. I waited longer than I wanted to for the bus back and I became very cold during the two block walk to home. I didn't want to go out again so I canceled the doctor appointment I had today eventhough it was only three blocks away. I just did not want to go out in it again.

Bunny - Both my father and my little brother went through Marine basic training. Both of them said that they grew up a lot during that time. My little brother even learned how to iron clothes. If your son follows the rules and realizes that being yelled at is nothing personal, he will do okay.

Gypsy - Even Lowell's imperfections are amusing to me. Still, I try to perfect him and I don't know why. He is the most perfect imperfect guy for me.

Marianne - I think dog sweaters are cute. Anything we do for our animals is not a waste of time. I have never had a dog who liked wearing sweaters.

Lowell did find a bass player and he is more usefull than the last one. Tim is an old, grizzled rocker with long grey hair and skinny build like Lowell. He knows the entire Beattles catalog and he even sings. They played Nowhere Man and the harmonies where spot on. They practiced on Sunday without Josh the 13 year old guitar player because his dad didn't want to drive him in. Lowell is going to give him many of the solos. The female singer Joanne has a good voice for blues and plays keyboards. Everyone is very motivated to work hard and learn the songs. I believe that this band will work out for Lowell. He wants to record a demo CD and have me take it around to places which book bands. The first gig he wants to do is at an open mike venue. I think they could really make a go of it. I guess now I know what Lowell will be doing when he retires next year. Now he's looking lustfully at 12-string guitars.

Have not done anything on The List. I did whatever I wanted to today.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  10:41:52 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 24 2019 10:07:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  07:02:43 AM  Show Profile
You cannot believe how cold it has been here. Did I tell you how glad I am we have heat??? LOL!!!! Right now it is -20 with the wind chills at -39. Another cold night, then supposed to be a warm up into the low 30s by the weekend. If that is true, it is going to feel like summer!!!!! Think I will dig out my summer clothes!!! LOL!!!! Needless to say, I have been cooped up in the house, which I do not mind right now, I know I would be ill if I went out in this kind of cold.
Holly, looks like you will miss this bitter cold in your area, hopefully.
Marie, you too are in a deep freeze. They cancelled all the schools in the U.P. here, all of them. Glad you decided not to go out again to the dr. Unless it is an emergency, it can wait. Cuddle up with those blankets and stay warm.
Well, gotta go for now, I am making beef stew for supper and I need to get it ready in the crock pot. Have a warm, safe day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  09:30:13 AM  Show Profile
Gypsy, he will be allowed write letters in two weeks. Other than that, there is no other contact allowed. He was allowed one phone call to let us know he arrived safely in San Diego. I'll see him in 13 weeks for graduation.

I'm feeling so bad for you guys in the terrible cold. One of my customers couldn't get to her mail box to get her purchase from me because it was -25 outside.
California is having a drought. I checked the 10 day forecast for my older son and it will be in the high 60's up to 70 degrees.....in January. I do remember it doing this about 12 years ago.

Well, lots of homework to deal with today. I better get to it.

Later all, stay warm!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  3:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Janet, beef stew sounds like a good idea for your dinner. Can you imagine if you had had your heater problems a bit later in the year? This is just frighteningly cold, isn't it?

Bunny, glad you know he is safe. We are getting big flakes of snow right now, how about you?

Holly, bet there will be some sledding weather coming your way, soon. How is school going with so much indoor time? I bet you have some rambunctious littles.

Marie, how nice that you had a day to do as you wished. I hope your class goes as you planned this semester, especially as far as class size goes. It is too frustrating to try to teach too many youngsters at once. The new band members sound like they fit together nicely. You are quite an asset to them.

I glanced out the window a few minutes ago to find two horses standing in their paddock, staring at the house with snow on their backs. There are trees they could go stand under, not to mention their stalls...

We got our health insurance on the exchange. And apparently are two of the few lucky ones. We have our cards and have even ascertained that our doctor is still our pcp. It really went very smoothly for us. And everyone we talked to on the phone was very helpful and pleasant. We are happy with the price, coverage, just everything about the experience.

I was not in the mood to exercise this morning so I passed on my Pilates. Now, I feel guilty. There's always tomorrow, right?

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  6:08:17 PM  Show Profile
Mar, it finally started to rain this afternoon. Not sure if it is cold enough for snow. Time will tell. I don't want any!!

Nice that hour insurance went well. I now have Medicaid. I haven't had insurance in many many years. I have to pick a primary Dr. Not looking forward to dealing with that. I'm sure they love Medicaid patients!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  8:16:32 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I had a good day doing exactly what I wanted. I started a new project. It is a baby afghan for one of the teachers at the school. I am making a ripple design in double crochet using up much of the yarn in my stach. I may have to buy some white and I think I have enough of everything else. It will look funky because I have several small balls of yarn in various shades of the colors I have chosen. I guess the technical term for the piece is scrapghan.

Gypsy - I learned the Charleston in 8th grade and I can do it while twisting my ankles. An episode of Madmen had one of the ad men and his wife doing the Charleston with several variations. It is worth watching.

Marianne - I have seven kids in the class. The problem is that the class is listed as both knit and crochet. This will be a trick to teach.

Bunny - When I had Medicaid, I had no problem with finding doctors. I have been going to the county hospital here for decades and wouldn't go anywhere else. Washington is a pretty progressive state and I hope it all works out.

The cold here is as it should be. It was always like this when I was a kid and in college. I don't complain and rarely comment on the weather. I just dress appropriately and take adequate precautions. One time, I landed at the Minneapolis airport in the middle of a snowstorm. I and three other ladies shared a cab into Minneapolis to take us home. Good times!

Time to play some games.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  8:49:36 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 24 2019 10:08:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  2:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Ok, so I scared everybody off again with my nonsense.

It is WARM today with a light drizzle! Feels like spring. We are supposed to have two more days of this and then two days of bright sunny weather. This rain is so welcome because it will make a pretty spring. We are still in recovery from a long drought the lake levels are still down in spite of all the rain we have had these past few months

I just went grocery shopping and is it my imagination or do food prices seem to take a big jump every year about this time? I try to buy organic but some of it is so expensive. I can't bring myself to eat fresh fruits and vegetables that I know have been drenched with pesticides. Or meat I know is laced with growth hormones. It's scary.

I hope all of you are in your warm cozy houses today. I know Bunny is studying when she wants to be sewing. I'm about to go cook when I really want to take a nap.
We are having chicken and rice and organic carrots. I cover the chicken with cloves of garlic and thin slices of lemon and slow roast in the oven. The lemon is the best part of the dish. I cook it covered and it makes a nice little bit of sauce to put over the rice.

Mel, do you really have that many pins on Pinterest?? That's work! I just pin mine to "like" and then pin to boards when I've got extra time. I don't buy many magazines any more thanks to Pinterest.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  4:06:34 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

Ah Gypsy! I am never scared away by your nonsense because I have plenty of nonsense of my own. There has to be a way to teach that flirt a lesson.

The weather was warm here also. The temperature was +2 degrees. I almost took my gloves off.

I went to the school today. It was so strange to be there after so long away. Thomas, the troubled little boy could read better and he didn't get so frustrated. He told me that he read one whole "diarrhea" over the break. He meant Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He apparently did a lot of reading over the break because he did so well. He is still slow but this is so much better.

Well the Dungeons & Dragons game is about to begin. I will do more later.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  4:33:19 PM  Show Profile
Marie, you crack me up! You are just the woman for the job. Teach me what to do. She always makes googley eyes at him but he does not notice. She won't look me in the eye. What magic potion can you cook up for me. In three weeks I will say, " now you can remember my name, too, since they are the same. ". Look how jealous I sound. Tisk, tisk.

Hooray for the little guy who is trying so hard in your class. My dd is in Special Ed and she loves all the kids and is so good with them. It takes a very special person to do that kind of work. You have to be really strong and have a kind heart. Not to mention a world of patience.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  4:49:26 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today we woke to 6 degrees. I thought it was a lot colder than that this morning. I guess because of the wind. It was sunny so that made it tolerable.

I took the littles to Burlington to the Flynn Theater to see a show called Aladdin and various tales. It was stories told with dance and music, very little speaking. They sat well until about ten minutes from the end and then wanted to know how much longer. We went out to Al's French Fries afterwards for lunch. It is a treat. We could not do it regularly because the food is deep fried or on the grill.

Ah, Gypsy you just have to feel sorry for the lady at the desk that she will never have B and you do. She has probably fallen hard for his winsome smile and his brogue. Just smile and bat your eyelashes and cozy up close to him rubbing his back. She will be far more jealous than if you blow her brains out with the cannon. lol

I wonder Mar if the people who have looked at your house have dreams bigger than their pocket books and are sitting at their homes ringing their hands trying to figure out how to convince the loan officers they are good for the payment.
I have never owned a dog who was small enough for a sweater although in my head I do not have yellow dog that small. Now a chihuahua deserves to be tortured with a sweater just by their very nature.

Mel, describe the lantern ceremony for me when you see it. We hear on the news that the south was thoroughly chilled yesterday and today. Frozen pipes and all.

I bet Bunny, that you could write to your son. You would not need to write pages but a short note every couple of days would remind him that he is not alone. He is your son and he knows how to survive or he would not have even considered signing up.

A whole day to do what you want,Marie. What a luxury. How late will your school year extend with these days off for cold? I am glad you are pleased with the way the band is shaping up. If Lowell is happy it must make your life easier.

Mar the horses were just looking for reassurance from their chief mare that all would be well. How are you holding up with the not retirement? Thank you for the birthday package. The lavender is lovely smelling.

I like beef stew. It would be so welcome on such cold days. Are you starting already on your stash for next year's sales? Jan.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page