Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  3:46:25 PM  Show Profile
Finished up a custom dress and the aprons for my friend. The refund dress came back today. I can't figure out why she felt the top was too worn looking. It looked new to me. I think it just didn't fit her so she used that as an excuse. So, I have another top to sell again. But then (crossing fingers) I got an email from a past customer that was interested in one of my dresses. She wanted to know if I could add a few inches onto the bottom. Hopefully she will say yes and I'll have another sale.
I might have a pet sitting job that will pay well. But the lady wanted me to spend each night but bauked at the price. Hopefully she will see reason. She has coyotes around and didn't want to leave her pets unsupervised. Crossing my fingers.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  5:48:09 PM  Show Profile

this is a test. if it works DsR should be sliding without his sled.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  5:49:58 PM  Show Profile

i hope this is the chickadee that I was steady enough to make a picture that is not blurry

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  5:51:48 PM  Show Profile
no, that wasn't the right one. a new try

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  5:54:34 PM  Show Profile

i thought this one came out stunning

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  5:57:37 PM  Show Profile

i was going to a wedding and thought I would take a picture of me. The mirror was spotty but I think it came out alright. I hope I picked the right one. The photos are so small on the choose one screen.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  6:03:02 PM  Show Profile

I like this one because it looks black and white because of the lighting but you can see gold from the dried grass at the bottom of the screen.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  6:06:52 PM  Show Profile

This is the moon setting a couple of weeks ago.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  6:12:10 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Thank you GG for asking several times for me to figure out how to post pictures. It is not so hard with this machine. I am glad you asked more than once otherwise I would still be thinking it was too hard to even try.

the sky was clear all day today. I did throw the boys out the door in the afternoon for a little while. DsG looked at the thermometer, announce it said 20 and he would think about going out when it said 40. I told him there would be no snow on the ground when it said 40 He was a little perplexed by that idea.

I pulled up more of the old floor, did laundry and dishes and school work. I am glad it is cold so we can do the schoolwork without more enticing activities calling our names.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  7:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Holly, so nice to see you able to post pictures again. I remember you use to post really nice ones. Now we know what you look like... Yay! Thank you!

Love the sledding boy! Looks fun.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  8:02:49 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 2:31:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  8:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Holly, gorgeous photos. Love your wedding style. And that pink Sunset is so pretty. I would like a wall covered in what you call the black and white photo. Really nice job.

I think it is called a fuchsia, right?

Gg, you are going to give that man angina if you let the SIL call during Valentine's dinner.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  9:34:08 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 2:32:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  04:50:48 AM  Show Profile
good morning,

Is it a fuchsia? I thought it was a bleeding heart. Are those the same plant?

added later; while i am doing chores I remembered what a bleeding heart looks like. Now I have to rethink what pictures I should put on my sympathy cards.

I only wear dangly earrings on special occasions to look dressed up. Although the people in my life who believe they know fashion tell me that I can wear them because I have along neck.

The pink moonset picture is in the morning when the sun reflects from the east onto the clouds and mountains in the west.

Have a great day.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Jan 22 2015 07:41:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  09:57:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey Y'all!!!!!! Hope everyone is feeling well...seems like a lot of folks have had the flu and other nasties!! Knock on wood....I am doing Okay! :)

Last week was a bit of a whorl wind...my granddaughter Sarah was visiting from New York....thanx to my son Kirk! That is her Uncle not dad! Don't know if any of you remember the saga of my relationship with Sarah. Her dad died when she was 8/9 and that was the last time I saw her until she came to visit me in August 2013. We made contact on Facebook a couple of years ago....and made arrangements to visit when she graduated high school and now she is at Utica College studying Nursing and she will be 21 on March 2nd...I know her Dad would be so very proud of her. Anyway, we had a great visit and here are a few pics of what we did!

We visited The Dallas Arboretum.

We went to ATT Stadium the day after the first ever National College Championship Game.

And Reunion Tower to see the cityscape at night from ahigh.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Jan 22 2015 2:25:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  09:59:24 AM  Show Profile
We went to a restaurant named Taste of Chicago and had a Chicago-style Deep Dish pizza. Good but not exact!

Me, Sarah and Kirk enjoying! :)

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Jan 22 2015 10:14:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:21:42 AM  Show Profile
GG....I am excited for you and your visit to Scotland!

Holly....love your pics! And hope dsT finds a way to dissipate that anger!

Mar.....you sound like you are in for some really busy days!! Just make sure you take relax time for yourself. :)

Thinking of all of you even if I did not address you individually!! Hugs!! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  12:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Mel, great pictures! Beautiful girl! So nice you have been able to connect with her. Looks like you had fun.

Major stresses today. My mom is trying to get a reverse mortgage but there is a lien on the house from an old credit card debt. The credit card company discharged the debt but someone put a lien on the house and she can't seem to get it off. I really need some prayers here. If she can't get this done, and I don't have a job, I'm in major trouble. She can move to Utah with my sister who is getting married. I will be seriously in trouble in about 60 days. My only hope is my kids can send me money to give my mom so she can pay her mortgage.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  2:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Mel, Gorgeous gd. Her hair!! But, then you have a great head of hair on you, too. I am so happy to hear of your fun and thank you so much for sharing the photos!! It does sound like you showed her a good time and I bet she was happy to miss the bitter cold of Utica, NY. We lived in Syracuse for quite some time...

Bunny, can't free legal advice people help your mom? Fingers crossed.

Just found out that dd has Flu Type B. I didn't know they could test so that they know exactly what type of flu you have. There is an outbreak in Portland. She was very sick... Typically she is healthy, so I know she will recover. She just gets a bit of unpaid sick time.

Mar

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  6:55:34 PM  Show Profile
I tested positive for Type A influenza just two days ago. It was a nasty test where a swab was inserted in both nostrils. But at least I know what I have. Tamiflu should shorten the duration. Was due to fly home the day I was diagnosed.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:42:47 PM  Show Profile
So many pictures, my mind is whirling. Mel, I think I've been to the Dallas arboretum years ago and I've been to the Reunion Tower during the day. That pizza looks yummy. It's been a long time since I've been to Dallas, the twins were about two years old last time I was there and they're fifteen now.
Holly--love all that beautiful snow. But I'm glad it's not quite as cold here. I ordered a new cell phone (my old one, I found out, is obsolete) so maybe I can post some pictures when I figure out how to use it. I have a camera but it acts goofy and I need to take it to a camera store to find out what's wrong.
I had a coupon for a fair trade store run by the Mennonites and I bought a wrap-around long skirt with tribal designs. I plan to wear it Saturday night for the Sierra club gala. I'm going to make lavender cookies to bring. I bought some dried lavender tonight and it smells so lovely. I finally found the book I've been looking for--it's called "Sisterland" by Curtis Sittenfeld. She is a female author. She read an excerpt from the book at the writer's convention I went to last summer. I just did a yoga session on DVD and I feel so much better afterward. I do it at night before I go to bed and it relaxes me. I bought two new pairs of yoga leggings with my Christmas money and they're both very colorful (and they were both about half price). All my other yoga leggings are black or gray.
A friend called me on Sunday morning and woke me from a dream I'd been having. Usually I forget my dreams after I awaken but I remembered this one. God, yes, the Big Guy (or Gal, who knows) upstairs, was telling everyone that they better start loving their neighbor before it was too late. So I've been trying to be more compassionate towards my co-workers. And idiot drivers. I was
driving tonight and came upon an accident scene and the police were directing traffic. The car two cars ahead of me stopped right in the middle of the intersection even though the police were waving him through. They yelled at him to keep moving. I growled at him, then caught myself. It's just not worth it to let fools get the best of you.
I have a small list of seeds I need to order. Most are from Baker Creek. Has anyone else ordered seeds yet? I usually get started too late so I want to order early this year.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  07:01:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Good Morning Ladies!

I love the pictures...yes, I have been keeping up. I have been busy with the new GD and her brother. Two year olds do not understand about not being the baby any longer...haha. It's all good though.

Holly love the snow pictures. I am so envious.

Mel, your GD is a beauty. Looks like you all had a grand time. I want a bite of that pizza!

GG, hopefully your Valentine dinner plans will go as you wish. Aren't you the ornery one...fixing the phone? haha

Bunny, so sorry to hear of your troubles. Perhaps, you could make an appointment at your local DHR center? They aren't there just for women with children...they can give you names and numbers of organizations that can help you. They can help you locate jobs and also help you with housing. My best friend is an agent and she says the misconception that she only gives out food stamps and welfare checks is so untrue. It would be worth a try to contact them, at least you won't be in this alone.

Cindy, I was just reading about how God wants us to be a better neighbor. It is in the commandments. It is so good to hear you say this after I just read about it last night.

Jan, I want to travel out west after hubs retires. You are going to have a wild time!

This is what I have been doing!! hee hee Ain't she the sweetest? Take care girlies...If I missed any of you,I am thinking of you all!
If
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  08:04:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,
I am in new jersey visiting a friend from my teenage camp years. I was supposed to drive on to Maryland today but the weather is nasty for down here and I am not sure if the road crews will do a good enough job for me to drive that far safely. So,I am going to try to visit that friend by. Flying down at another time.
Typing on my phone is convenient when internet for my computer is not available but dang these keys are little.

Hope you are all well. Or getting better.

Have a good day

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  10:06:48 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I feel under the weather today. I am achey and my throat doesn't feel right. My eyes feel heavy so I do believe I have some kind of illness. I feel as if the only things I can do are those that do not require standing up.

The people upstairs have said that the band practice on Sundays shakes their apartment and disturbs their only day off in common. So the band is trying to make other arrangements. Lowell did find another guitar player. His name is David and Lowell knows him from his days organizing the Campus Greens (a university political organization). He happened to find Lowell's SoundCloud account and commented on the music. Lowell asked me how to get his phone number but he wasn't in the Yellow Pages online so he paid $1.50 for the service that finds contact information on people. Lowell called him on the day of the rehearsal and he came right over. He and Lowell are out amplifier shopping today. Apparantly, David has all kinds of money to spend on musical electronics and Lowell is willing to help him. <chuckle>

I have started a new Dungeons & Dragons game. Our DM (dungeon master - the guy who runs the game) has a class on Wednesdays and one of the other players will be leaving for the UK soon so changes are happening to my schedule. It will be nice to play on a day when the genocidal adolescents are not playing. (Don't ask.)

I believe I will sit in front of the TV and binge watch Law & Order: SVU. That's about all I can handle right now.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  1:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Dd is stilling in bed with the flu. It is her first really bad case in about eight years. She is surprised that it is a bit different to have the flu as an adult. The muscle aches are so much worse, it's harder to tolerate staying in bed for several days in a row... Today she feels better rather than worse than the day before. A good sign.

So, how upsetting would it to you gals if your MIL still can't get your kid's name right? My dd is 27. Her name is Mary Katherine, we call her Katie. A little bit different, but not really... Today, MIL handed me a Christmas thank you to mail to my dd. It was addressed Katie Mary. She finally stopped spelling it Katy. Dd was in her twenties when that change occurred. It isn't like we haven't mentioned it. Dozens of times. Especially, when dd was younger and it was kind of hurtful for Grandma to not know her name. Everything is messed up with dd's name: birthday checks, engraved jewelry, personalized items. I mean, if you can't get the name right, just stop. I can ignore it at this point because MIL is almost 88, but when she was in her sixties and a new grandma? Pay attention!!

And then there are the Christmas ornaments. Dd was born in November in 1987. Christmas of 1988 Grandma starts the Christmas Year Hallmark Ornament collection for her. Incorrectly. She sent Baby's First Christmas ornament right after "baby's" first birthday and before Christmas... We mentioned the mistake. Next year, came Baby's Second Christmas ornament. Mentioned it again. Then for the next four years, I just put the ornaments aside. When we moved last year, I threw them all in the trash. It was a terrible reminder of a very hurtful fact and now they are gone.

Alright. I need to move on because no one is gonna feel better if I stay in this mindset!

Marie, tv bingeing sounds like the thing to do today. I knew how sick dd was when I asked if she was watching tv and she said, "Oh god no."

We have some sunshine this afternoon and it is in the sixties. Very unusual for January! I should start pulling weeds...Or not.

Holly, I think you are wise to not make the extra trek south. Hope you get to see that friend soon.

Hope everyone is well.
Mar
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page