rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  9:06:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh how some sunshine and dirt under my fingernails helps my disposition! I spent an hour clipping and pulling and tidying up outside in the yard. It felt so nice.

Dd is staying to feel better. She said she wanted to come up to see her father on his birthday in a couple of days. We said, oh that would be so nice. Please don't. We're don't even want to be near this flu. And I am certain she will need some time to get completely on her feet again.

Sorry for all the whining earlier. I got my Vitamin D fix and I feel sane again.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  9:48:29 PM  Show Profile
Really, Vit D will do that? I need to stop skipping mine.

GG
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  10:08:10 PM  Show Profile
"Sane" is a relative term...
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  10:15:10 AM  Show Profile
It just sounds vaguely familiar to me. Can't remember...........I think it was back before husbands and kids?

GG
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  10:18:45 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 2:35:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  10:21:19 AM  Show Profile

GG
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  12:33:43 PM  Show Profile
I do the same thing when Lowell is not around. I generally go for chicken or a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with tomato soup. Or something more exotic of which I could never get his approval.

Our neighborhood had some break ins of apartment storage places this winter. Probably more than one person would get into the building, cut the locks on the storage closets and help themselves. One of our neighbors lost two expensive camera tripods. Lowell was downstairs today and discovered that one of his speakers (the other is in the apartment) and the monitor speacker are missing along with his AB switch. This stuff is probably worth $500. This means he doesn't have a fully functioning PA system. He also wants to get a backup amplifier because his current one needs to be fixed.

He got to the Guitar Center early to help David shop for amplifiers. While he was there, father came over and asked him about amplifiers for his daughter. Lowell showed him and his daughter the differences and told her that when she gets a serious amp, she has to become a serious guitar player and showed her some guitars with are better quality than hers. Lowell heard her play the chords from Smoke On The Water (you know A C D A C Eflat A . . .) and she could hardly play it. He gave her Hayley's phone number and told her to take some lessons from her to learn how to make chords then call him and he would teach her to be a good guitar player. That was so cool.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  3:07:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm still here. Nothing much going on. Still the drama with my mom. I'm living in fear mode right now because of the house thing. She doesn't let me forget it.

I do have a line on a very good job. I have to apply via the unemployment office which is a good thing. I had to do a soft skills assessment and I did really well. The lady I'm working with said she will help me with my resume to focus it more on the job. It is a purchasing agent for a natural food supplier. I have heard they are a very good company to work for. I can only hope to at least get an interview. They also have a customer service job. It is much less money, but would still solve my financial issues and keep my mom off my back.

I also have an appointment with a phycologist tomorrow morning. He said he will help me focus on how to get what I need. He knows my mom both from her visiting him and church. ( he didn't tell me that, she did). Hopefully he can help me deal with my mom and my daily fear factors.

Mar, you have every right to be upset at MIL not getting DD's name right. It is simply a sign of respect. However having said that, at least she acknowledged her. My mom and my xhusbands parents never did anything for my kids. Ever. No cards, phone calls, gifts. My kids essentially didn't have grandparents.
So in her small defense, at least she tried in her own twisted way.

I hope dd feels better soon.

Marie, so sorry you are sick too. Enjoy your day binge watching tv. I hope you feel better soon and get back to your D&D.

GG, you crack me up with your food cheating. Nice to get out on your own and do what you want. I hope you had a wonderful day.

I'm being lazy today. The stress is getting to me and I couldn't sleep last night. So me and the kitties are just hanging in bed. We had the cable disconnected to save money so, no tv. But I do have Hulu, Acorn ( British TV)' and Netflix. I also watch my programs on the CBS app. That is thankfully free. So Im not missing out. I just don't get to turn on TV and watch whatever is on there.

Sales have been slow but I have had a few in the last couple of days.

Anyway, hope everyone has a safe weekend.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  3:10:39 PM  Show Profile
Psychologist.... Sorry for the spelling. Auto correct had some fun with at one.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  3:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Marie that's bad that Lowell had his equipment stolen. $500 is a lot of money. He might find his stuff at the local pawn shops

Bunny I am so hoping things will turn around for you soon. Hugs to you

Holly are you safe from this horrific storm that's headed for New York?

We had a beautiful sunny day here and expect three more before the rain returns.

GG
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  4:01:36 PM  Show Profile
G, I must be in TX, too. It seems we are enjoying the same weather. It seems to be fooling my roses, too though and i don't think that is really good for them...

Marie, will renter's insurance cover that? Everywhere my daughter has lived (apt.) requires that she proves she has rental insurance. Seems like the apartment should have some liability, but they just want to pass it on. I hope there is a way for reimbursement.

The storm heading towards the east coast, did it arrive today? Holly hope you are indeed off the highway by now.

Dd's fever finally broke. She had one for either five or six days. Iread that this flu is hitting the elderly and the relatively young. Us, "in betweeners" were probably exposed to this strain already in our lifetime. Three people at dd's work have now been tested and diagnosed with Type B.

I got to enjoy lunch outside with the chihuahua. The sun was wonderful. We just chilled on the front porch. Earlier, I took Mom in to have her hair done. Stopped at JoAnn's so that she could walk around with a shopping cart for awhile. She thinks I love that store. I guess I do enjoy it. I just try to take her somewhere that has shopping carts and isn't always a grocery store. So, Target, Kohl's, Sears, JoAnns. Walmart - occassionally - it is too big. I can't leave her on her own at all in WalMart because she just disappears. She has a habit of just hopping in the checkout line so that I won't have to wait for her. I have no idea she is saving me this time and spend a lot of energy combing the aisles looking for a white puff of hair about five feet off the ground. Meanwhile, dh is home sanitizing and cleaning her area, which she is certain she is keeping up on her own. It works.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  4:02:25 PM  Show Profile
occasionally...I hate misspellings.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  4:33:26 PM  Show Profile
It has been so gloomy and over cast here. Mar and GG im jealous of your weather. I'm hoping Holly has hunkered down with a warm fire and is staying home.

Marie, so sorry about Lowells equipment. I would be so angry.

I applied for a very good job today. The unemployment office helped me with my resume and cover letter. We scanned everything including a letter of introduction from the unemployment office. Fingers crossed. I easily qualify so just getting the interview is my next challenge. The lady at the unemployment office said the company was more concerned with someone with a personality that would blend with the other people in the office more than knowledge. Hopefully I won't be too nervous and my wonderful personality will come through.

Mar, I'm glad Dd is doing better. That is a long time to be sick with a fever.
Funny about mil and the shopping carts. It's like having a big child to chase after. Too bad you can't just put a GPS tracker on her. ....or could you.

Not much else going on. No new sales. I took yesterday off. I was too stressed to a polish anything. Today I'm too wound up to focus. I'll sew tomorrow. It will help me calm down.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  4:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Haha, I love the auto correct. No I didn't want to polish anything. I meant accomplish anything. I really need to proof these before I hit submit.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  6:09:33 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am home. I drove ahead of the storm all the way home. It was snowing a little when I left my friend's house this morning. About half way through Connecticut the snow stopped and while it was overcast the roads were clear. My friend flew out to her home that she is trying to decide what to do with this morning. I dropped her off at the airport on my way home. I texted her when I arrived home and she said she was leaving Chicago for Nebraska so I guess she flew out alright. If someone had offered her $1000 dollars for her seat on the plane she would have given it up and gone back to her apartment in NJ. lol

The children all survived my time away and so did C.

I will read all the posts tomorrow when I have time to make sense of them.

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  7:56:29 PM  Show Profile
I had forgotten that we have renters' insurance. I will call the agent tomorrow.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  10:22:55 PM  Show Profile
Holly, glad you are home and safe.

Marie, yay! Insurance!! Hope Lowell can get money for replacements.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  10:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Holly, glad to hear you are home. Your area isn't being hit too hard, is it? Driving in those conditions always exhausted me. You are tense. Hoping the other drivers are being vigilant, too. Glad that everyone "survived" your being gone. That's good enough, right?

I am skipping the weekly grocery shopping trip this morning. dh and I have acknowledged that I don't have the interest or patience to shop for food for two hours every Tuesday morning. He takes his mom to the local Winco where he can get his fill of complimentary coffee and walk behind the octogenarian who always makes left turns. After an hour, he forces her into a right turn so they can finish the rest of the list. Since the two of them are gone, I am sitting Fritto. Gracie is not terribly fond of Fritto. She doesn't get up to greet her or anything when she comes in. In fact, I have heard Gracie sneer under her breath, "That stinking corn chip..." in her thick spanish accent when Fritto walked by her. Fritto is a nervous twit. She likes to be able to see you at all times and since I was making the pie, I put her bed in the dining room. But, apparently it was too close to the refrigerator, because Fritto bolted from her bed every time I opened its door. So, I moved her bed a bit. And then I tore off some aluminum foil. That lit a fire under her, too. She's gonna have to toughen up...

Today is also the last of my Pain Classes. It helped refresh some of my relaxation techniques and forced me to acknowledge the toll that working beyond "comfort" (that's a laugh) places on my entire body: heart, respiratory, digestion, circulatory. That was helpful. But, now dh is more on my back about stopping before I flare. (Until he needs help with something.) I will be glad to get my Tuesday afternoons back.

Made a lemon pie - no meringue - for dh's birthday tomorrow. He likes it for breakfast and ice cold, hence my making it the day before. It came out a little lumpy. And he is a food scientist. EESH. He'll eat it. And as long as I don't ask him if it's lumpy...

Stay warm,
mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  5:45:58 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 2:36:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  7:35:45 PM  Show Profile
Mar, you are crazy in a wonderful kind of way. Those dogs are probably saying something entirely different. My two girls, Penny and Lola, are crazy in love with the Scottie next door. His name is Danny and when he comes out, he heads straight to the fence to see if they are out. If they are, he hikes his leg and pees at them then races around the yard at full speed, just showing off like boys will do. The girls just love that.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Noreen
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Noreen
Essex Junction Vermont
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  7:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Noreen an AOL message
Holly, I wanted to say hello to a fellow Vermonter. How did you all do with this storm? We did fine here in Essex, but my drive home from work this afternoon was slow and white knuckles.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  3:01:24 PM  Show Profile
Mar, I feel sorry for poor Fritto. She probably feels all the negitive vibes coming her way. My orange cat Alex isn't liked by my moms two cats. He goes by them so slow hoping to not have them attack him. Funny thing is he could take both of them out. He is much larger and my mom declawed both her cats on their front paws. But he still afraid of them.

I had two sales today! One from Great Britain and the other from Australia. Although the custom dress I just did with all the Hawaiian fabrics, is too big for my customers mother. So she is sending it back so I can take in the waist. Thankfully that is an easy fix. Another lady liked a top I made but wanted lace sewn around the waist line. Thankfully again, easy fix. Hopefully she will purchase it on feb 1. Fingers crossed, things are doing ok. Not as good as last year, but still going.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  3:37:18 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 2:37:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  4:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

WE missed the snowfall of the storm. However, it is cold. This morning when I went downstairs it was 0 F. The temperature rose to a whopping 4 F. The wind made the little propeller on the wind mill spin fast enough that you could not distinguish the blades. I left the cow in today. Yesterday she put herself in her stall by lunch time and today was colder than yesterday. The little boys are getting weary of staying inside and I am getting weary of having them inside. We are getting a lot of school work done.

Noreen, glad to hear from you. OUr orthodontist is in Essex and so is the youngest's pediatric dentist. Well, the Girl Scout office used to be there as well. When I was a trainer for the Girl Scouts I spent a fair amount of time there. I do not know my way around except for those few places on the main roads. Pop on from time to time.

Bunny is the psychologist allowed to talk to you? Usually a therapist is only allowed to deal with one person in the family at a time. I hope he(?) is clear on his confidentiality system. I would hate for your mother to grill him on what you talk about. I agree though it might be helpful to have someone to help you create goals and achieve them.

I think it must be so hard to deal with fading parents and feeling helpless to help. I am not sure that those buttons to wear are all they are written about because the senior needs to be cognizant to push the button to call for help. I do not know what the answer is.

Mar is there no Senior activity center in your area? I am envious that you have weather that you can work outside in already. It seems odd that in almost the same latitude that we are you have such different weather.

G nice looking meal. Have you made any friends yet?

Marie- having something stolen is such an invasion of privacy. I hope you do not feel to violated. How is school and the afterschool program?

I did pass Latin in the ninth grade. Not by much and I am sure the teacher was disappointed having had my sister and brother before me. lol

Mel, I am glad you had a nice visit with your grand daughter. I am glad she knows that she is loved and that you can tell her stories about her dad so she will know him.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page