Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  1:14:02 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean about the job, Bunny! I wish I didn't need to eat and wear clothes and have a place to live and "details" like that! ha ha ha I think I would be at my sewing machine or my loom or the knitting needles all day and all night.

Of course, back in the olden days when my "man" was supporting me, I had all the free time there was and sometimes got tired of all the creative work. I am trying to remember that I am lucky to have a job that I enjoy (most of the time) and that someday I will probably have more time on my hands than I can stand.

Not feeling well enough to work would be a whole 'nuther challenge altogether. I think that your work is beautiful and creative -- love the colors! -- and it shows real talent.

Today I have just been ticking people off at work. I have to do collections sometimes and nobody wants to hear from me about their account being past due, but I have to keep it on a business level and not let it be personal, or all would be lost. ha ha Every one of these people came to US for their vehicle and entered into their contracts with their eyes open and signed of their own free will and set their payment schedule up on their terms. It is not my fault that .......... insert random excuse here ............. happened to them. I finally told one guy today that Mr. S*** had to pay for the car you are driving, and if you don't make your payments, then he can't pay his bills, either. I think it might have been a completely new thought for this particular guy. Some of them think that just because we are a business, that means that we have unlimited resources. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to school folks a little bit.

But enough. It's almost time to lock the door and head home. There is bark mulch being delivered in the a.m., so we have landscape fabric to put down this evening. I would really rather go home and lie in the hammock, but that's not going to happen tonight. We will have all weekend to play on the boat, though, so that's keeping us going right now.

Hope all my Iris sisters have a sweet evening.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  4:53:47 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

G I am only a half an inch shorter than the B. I have tried to make it an eve 6' but the doctor says no way. lol The fashion industry says people should be built like me but very few of the stores carry anything for women in my size. It is a little easier in the last few years but most of the fashions I would not be seen in dead.

The Dude is a nice looking guy and still fit for his age. I am glad you found each other. Piss on the ex. she needs etiquette lessons. You are a champ for trying to give the daughters a joined family instead of asking them to choose.

somewhere Mar you need to get the MIL to write down that the doctor may speak with you because you will get no information from them if you do not even if she verbally says the doctor can speak in front of you. When you have that signature in place then put down in writing that any decisions that are made need to be approved through you and dh. I guess you know that already and getting MIL to agree is a balancing act.
How is your little neighbor? Do dd and her beau like their new place?

I do not know how big Waco is but I hope that Janiee is not affected by the violence this past weekend.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  9:42:05 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 7:34:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  06:39:37 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Holly and G -- I will be pissing on the ex at dinner tonight! look out. ha ha ha I actually finally had a long talk with myself yesterday. Reminded myself that Dude was unhappy with her and is happy with me -- which in my book makes me able to hold my head up. I know his daughters see what their mom has been doing all these years, and they have both welcomed me into their dad's life. Not everyone gets so lucky. I have decided that this is MY life and HIS and we are happy together. Our kids are happy for us and we love them all. So if she makes any of her passive-aggressive comments tonight I will just pretend that I don't hear her and turn my little head. She is sort of a man-leech and needs to be ignored.

In other news -- yesterday afternoon I ticked off just about everyone I spoke to! ha ha ha I am hearing the fallout this morning, but they will be making their payments, so my work here is done. The one big baby who had his mom bring a note in to explain why he hadn't made his payment (he's in his 30s and has 3 kids) fussed and fumed about me over the phone to her -- he didn't know that our mechanic (who is one of my biggest fans around here) was right next to mommy and heard the whole thing. Oh it's a snakepit of intertwined lives here, for sure. The one guy who always needs "a little extra time" and usually calls me "Dear" when he hangs up the phone (which I HATE, by the way) was quite irritated when I explained to him how far behind his account was and was definitely not in a "dearing" mood by the end of our conversation. Dude is a little more easy-going with them than I am, which is one reason he has me here. I always say that it is his business, but my job.

Sounds like everyone has busy busy spring work to do. We had 20 yards of mulch delivered this morning, so that will take up some of our long weekend. Dude's birthday is Saturday -- happy birthday and hand me a shovel!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  11:47:27 AM  Show Profile
Of course you realize, Marilyn, that we are looking forward to all the details tomorrow. All 600 of us.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  12:56:48 PM  Show Profile
G --- "Hold it -- right there -- just turn a little to the left -- Everyone smile for the camera -- I have to get this picture to show to my friends tomorrow --- they want to see what you look like!" ha ha ha ha

Hopefully I will not have much to tell. Probably a tempest in a little bitty teacup, like most of the things I dread in this life. She popped into the office for a minute at lunchtime to drop off some keys -- seemed especially cool. I bet anything she did NOT want me to be included in this birthday dinner. A week or so ago, when she was planning this birthday dinner, I said something about the restaurant or something and then said to Dude "That is IF I am invited," and he said "Well as far as I'm concerned, if I am, so are you." So too bad, so sad if she doesn't like it. ha ha

Anyway, I will take notes! ha ha ha ha Enjoy your evening, ladies. You are all so special to me and I appreciate all your news and photos and projects.

M

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  5:34:00 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on May 27 2015 09:41:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  5:46:24 PM  Show Profile

This was a little earlier this year.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  5:48:13 PM  Show Profile
I would love it if 600 people posted their pictures! Come on, people!

Edited by - doll58maker on May 21 2015 5:49:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  5:54:06 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Geez, G you look great in your passport picture. Not at all like a mug shot.

I can hear people whining at you Marilyn. I am glad you can be stoic and not give in to their self pity and excuses.

C bought a wagon for the tractor and it arrived yesterday on the freight truck. Today we put it together, the children and I. If I had a set of socket wrenches it would have gone quicker but those little rascals have feet and ran away with not me, mama.

The weather guessers are saying 28 degrees tonight so no fragile plants outside. We have corn and squash up in the house that are begging to get outside. Maybe Monday I could have some room by the windows if the temperatures promise to stay up.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  6:28:00 PM  Show Profile

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  02:34:40 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, let me join in on congratulating you on your backbone! Keep up those little talks to yourself and little missy can just insinuate that your invitation is pending all she wants. She better not out it to a family vote, cuz she'll be outnumbered that's for sure. You have your eye on what's important - Dude and the dudettes. I'll be thinking of you and sending strength and snappy comeback energy your way.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  02:38:23 AM  Show Profile
Holly, of course, you are right about needing that ok in mom's medical records. The frustrating part--it's there. All filled out. Both dh and I have full access to all information and can speak to her doctors. It's just quicker if they don't have to talk to us. Won't happen again.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  06:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Well Ladies! Let me just say that I was fabulous last evening. ha ha ha ha I ended up sitting directly across the table from her and a couple of times I saw her watching me while I was talking to the Dude or his daughter. Not sure what she was thinking, but it honestly did not matter to me. That's a big victory, I can tell you. She sat pretty quietly most of the evening -- tried to engage Dude in conversation a couple of times and practically had to shout across the table to get his attention -- made her look a little silly. Later on in the evening, she and I were talking about our parents. Her dad passed about 2 years ago and her mother has moved recently into a senior housing place out of their big house, so we were talking about how she's adjusting and all. She asked me about my folks and specifically my dad and his cancer treatments. I mentioned that we were going to be out in Idaho in a couple of weeks to see them. She started in about how long it had been since I had seen them. "Oh! How can you stay away from him so long when you know he's so ill?!?!?" "I would have to have been there!" I just looked at her sweetly and said that I had a job. Dude put his arm around me and said "Yes, and you do it very well, too!" If I could have opened a vein or given him a kidney right then, I would have. ha ha She just shrank back into her chair and shut the heck up. When it was getting close to time to go, I had put my arm across Dude's back and was giving him a little scratch across the shoulders -- he was hmmmmm'ing happily. She just stood up from the table and decided it was time for them to go. I am sure her man friend was taking everything in.

So...had a very nice visit with the daughter and her sweetheart of a boyfriend. She had a good time on her birthday and got to sit and visit with her daddy. They will be coming out on the boat with us on Sunday. I managed not to rise to any bait thrown my way and had a very good evening out with my Dude. Now I know just how to handle those situations when we must be near the ex. I am me and whoever doesn't like it can lump it, so neener!!!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  06:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Holly -- I love the voice you gave to the socket wrenches! Sounds like you have heard it all before.

Last October on 7-mile Beach, Grand Cayman.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  07:53:56 AM  Show Profile
Well done my friend! Wish I had been a fly on the wall to see that! I'm especially proud of your Dude! He's a prince, to pay attention and have your back like that. Further proof the ex hasn't really moved on--it's time she did.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  1:42:38 PM  Show Profile
Goddesses of the Iris,

I finally am rested up from the Jungle Book school play. They did really well. The director, Ms Warren, has high expectations for her cast. They must be able to sing, dance and act. We had a SNAFU backstage during the first performance when we were unsure which actor was playing Bagheera for that particular scene. The Baloo left on stage was Ms Warren's son who has had film experience. He adlibbed it so well everyone talked about it. My snake costume was AWESOME. One girl was cast as the understudy to Sheer Khan because that actress is a talented train wreck in waiting. The understudy had other minor roles but she really wanted to be on stage as Sheer Khan. She bothered one of the stage managers so much that they relented and had her do her part. I hope she is not cast next year. I would not want to handle stuff like that. Next year, the students will be doing a series of theatre presentations of poems. In the 1970's there was a group called the Poetry Quartet on PBS which did this. I'll have pictures later.

Only four more days of school. YIPPEE!!! The kids are all backsliding on behavior. They are arguing, not raising hands, getting out of control and being mean to each other. Mrs. Pendleton will be teaching 2nd grade next year and will have many of the same kids as this year. She has asked me to help her with summer school so I guess I will be busy all summer. I believe I will try to apply for a job as an Educator Assistant (EA) at this school. It will be a part time job working with a variety of grades. I shall see.

I have been using the deodorant cube and I really like it. When I use a Tom's of Maine stick, I smell funky at the end of the day. The cube goes on easy and it looks as if it will last forever.

I must admit that I have been lurking in order to keep up with y'all. Lowell has another new guitar - that makes five. I'll have to put a rider on our renter's insurance to cover all the musical instruments. His band is learning songs well and will be ready for a gig soon. The band's name is Ten Thirty Bones because there are five in the band and everyone has 203 bones in their body. The other guitar player, David, came up with it. He is an architect and really creative.

I will try to keep up a little better.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  6:44:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Bunny I like your photo. It was posted after I made the last post and ended up ahead of mine. I do not understand how posts are placed. Must be one end of the country hitting Idaho is quicker than the other end of the country hitting Idaho. How was pet sitting the blind babies?

I think Marilyn the Grand Cayman photo is a very nice photo for us all to be envious. I like the hot beach and the ocean. I am glad the evening birthday party went better than was expected. The ex needs to get by it. She have a good man in the Dude and whatever nasties happened between the ex and him in the past should remain in the past. I am glad the Dude has gotten by it and has no residual loyalties to her.

Congratulations Marie and making it through another school year. I am glad that the band is finally coming together. Maybe Lowell will settle down some now that he has a regular creative outlet.

I figured you must have some say in MIL's health care Mar. I bet no doctor gets away with it again. How can they not understand that the people who keep the boat on an even keel must be included in the response to the visit.

Rain is a good thing. How come we can have days on end of sunshine and no one gets upset but three days of rain and people get blue? I am glad the fine area of Texas is getting the rain and maybe people will have learned to conserve it enough that the reservoirs will last a bit longer than before. I hope G that you are enjoying the country house and the paint is going smoothly. Take lots of pictures of the flowers.

I finished the wagon today only to realize that the hitch they gave us is too narrow to fit on the tractor bar so I need to take it off and take it to the machinist to have it fixed. He is a good guy and very clever. Tonight is supposed to be the last frost of the season so we can start planting the less frost resistant plants outside this weekend.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  8:33:32 PM  Show Profile
Happy Last Friday Day, holly!!

Marilyn, you look like you belong on the beach! I remember you said you spent a lot of time in CR, so it all goes hand in hand with living your boat time, too! So glad for you about last night. The best revenge is having a good time despite her existence. Excellently executed, girl!

Marie, we forgive your lurking. We all do it now and again. Enjoy the last week of school.

Holly, the hassle of getting the right size hitch has been our problem time and time again...

Tomorrow dd and boyfriend are coming over. It is supposed to be a bit dreary, so no bocce for us.sad face.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 23 2015 :  07:46:16 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 7:38:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 23 2015 :  08:33:47 AM  Show Profile
Darn auto correct...THat was Happy Last Frost Day, Holly!
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 23 2015 :  3:46:15 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am so glad that we have unrestricted water and that there are no PTB to tell us how much or when we can use it. There is a small movement here to restrict the number of people who can move into the area. We do have Act 250 that restricts the number of developments that can be built on old farmland. But, then again not so many people want to move here and enjoy our mild winters and bug free summers.

I went yard saleing today......child free........by myself.......... mostly I bought children's books. I did score 6 mugs from a free box. I bought a big box of marbles and a box of Piccachu (not sure how to spell it) characters from a man who was stoned. The methodist church in Plainfield had a small sale but had a lot of books. The boys were happy.

In the afternoon I worked on the sides of the new wagon and the machinist called to say the hitch was fixed and DsR's bike was repaired enough for him to ride it. He said, the bearings in the rear wheel are very warn and won't last long. C told him we hoped dsR would out grow the bike soon enough.

I sent off big boxes of grain bags to a woman in Texas and a woman in NC. NOw they can have them in their work room as UFO's and not me. lol

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 23 2015 :  8:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Goddesses of the Iris,

Lowell, his daughter Hayley and I are leaving for Fergus Falls tomorrow around noon. Time to see Lowell's old man again. Lowell gets so freaked out every time he sees him because of his body deterioration from age. He always talks about his "poor father" and then starts to feel the same ailments his dad complains of. I believe that Lowell's dad is a perfectly happy old gentleman. He is living in the place in which he grew up with members of his own family all around. He can drive his car during the day and has not so much trouble getting out and about. He has plenty to do and stays busy.

Here are some pictures:

A very laid back drummer.

This is how Lowell wakes up.

Baloo and Moogli.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 24 2015 :  04:53:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

Just seeing who posted overnight. I am up earlier than the rest of the family to practice my Tai Chi sword and feed the pigs. I already fed the dogs and let them out and in. Temperature was 40 this morning at rising as opposed to yesterday when it was 28. The sun is out and I am expecting a lovely day to work outside.

I picked up a bucket hat at a yard sale yesterday to keep the bugs off my head. DsR says that is the same kind of hat that dsJ wears. I said, yes but I only paid .50 and he pays $20. We both laughed. So, on with the hat and out to the pigs.

Have a great day everyone. Remember the moments of joy.

Do you think we can get the manager of these boards to put the first 150 posts into an archive so the list will be shorter when I log on. Just pondering.

Sunshine dear Goddesses of the Iris.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 24 2015 :  08:08:23 AM  Show Profile
Holly, sounds like you have a great day ahead of you.
So, about all the pages...
Go to the last page..(this one) and save it to your favorites. Use that to get here. After there are too many pages again, when you are on the new page, delete the old favorite and save it at the new page. ( does that make sense?).

Marie, Lowell wakes up much like I do. All the kitties pile on me to get me to get up.

Had a pretty good day sewing yesterday. I didn't feel well at first. It was a sick feeling I use to get when I was younger. But I kept going and ended up working until after 6pm. Very unusual for me to have energy that long. I'm trying out a new style. I felt I needed to get back to a more funky scrappy look. We will see.
I got my Solvy, so need to work on some more scarves. I'm thinking a black one and another jewel tone one. With the Solvy I bought, I think I can make three or even four at the same time. They still take all day to make.

I dreamed of bees and beehives last night. An Internet dream interpretation sight says that means good luck, possibly a promotion and many opportunities coming my way. We will see...

It looks like a nice day outside today but I'll be in the basement most of the day. I have to go across the river later to take care of a kitty. That will be a nice way to end my busy day.

Later goddesses!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic