rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  1:40:57 PM  Show Profile
My weird happens with my thinking I saw someone in a crowd...not dreams. Take care. This is a quick post
Mar

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Aug 24 2015 4:58:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  2:59:32 PM  Show Profile
Well, our power went out at 3 a.m. the night before last, so that made my oxygen beep. The manager of our park plugged us in across the street with long extension cords, there is a break in the lines underground somewhere. This morning, they finally got an electrician here and he followed the underground line and found where there was a break. He tapped off for us as a temporary fix, so now nobody else will be able to set up on our side of the road until they get it fixed. They need to get this done before the rest come back in October and November, or they will not have power.
Need to go, Olivia needs to go out, her walk time.
Have a good evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  3:25:08 PM  Show Profile
Our whole family has "powers". My mom can feel spirits. She got really spooked when she went to the Alamo. My grandmother was prescient. She could not be beaten at cards. I have psychometry - the ability to read a personal object. I also have a bit of prescience which manifests in dreams and "feelings" such as Gypsy has described. The world is full of mysteries.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  4:08:20 PM  Show Profile
I didn't go to work today as I was still coughing too much but I think I'll be able to go back tomorrow. I've lost four pounds in the past four days from barely eating--haven't been able to taste anything and I was afraid I'd just cough it up so i just didn't eat. I did make a pizza last night and I've eaten some of it. Went to the new co-op today and got some cherry tomatoes and basil. I cut the tomatoes in half, tore up some basil leaves and put them on the halves, then drizzled them with olive oil and salt. They're in the oven roasting right now. I'll let them roast for several hours till they're dehydrated. My house smells good--like basil.
I feel like I'm coming out of a daze--I get in a sort of fog when I'm sick. I woke up early sunday morning while it was still dark and went outside and the street had an other-wordly feel to it. I think everyone has "powers". The Police sang about us being "spirits in the material world" but I think we're materialists in a spiritual world.
Jan--I sure hope they get your power fixed soon. do you have a back-up generator just in case?
Mar--we used to have a Barnes & Noble close by but it closed so now the closest big-box book store is Books-A-Million. I can't go in it without buying something. I also like to browse small independent bookstores.
Holly--I don't like the idea of falling either. When my brother was here in July I had him go up on a ladder and do some things cause this darn medicine makes me light-headed sometimes. I could climb trees when I was young but I don't think I could do it now.
G--my favorite fish is a type of river fish called buffalo fish. It's delicious fried and eaten as a sandwich. I have no idea what the actual fish looks like. I don't know if they have it in other parts of the country. The only place i can get it is at some small, local eateries.
The weather is nice today. I took Jaxon to the vet yesterday--he has a severe yeast infection in his ear. An expensive yeast infection. Why does it cost more to take your dog to the vet than for you to see a doctor?
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  4:44:42 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:44:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  7:15:14 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:45:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  9:38:47 PM  Show Profile
G--Jaxon's ear was so bad that I had to take him to a vet. He has both yeast and staph in his right ear. He would scratch it and make it bleed. He didn't like for me to touch it. and it smelled bad.I usually clean his ears with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol and water. This is the worst infection he's ever had. He seems much better now. It's not quite as inflamed and he's no longer scratching it. The vet gave me a medicine to put in his ear each day for two weeks. I'll look into getting tea tree oil after this infection clears up. I hope you sister is doing OK.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  06:03:40 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, Olivia had yeast infection in both ears last year and it cost us over $700.00 before it was finally cleared up. We had to take her in every 2 weeks, and the vet would give us a different med to try. After almost 3 months, I told them that this was it, we were not trying anything new. All of a sudden, it was cleared up after that statement!!!! I will have to look for tree tea oil.
G, I have been on oxygen at night for over 11 years now. My 02 level drops real low when I sleep. I do believe that any exercise is good for the lungs, in moderation, that is. I do know that I can breath a lot better here most of the time than at home. Michigan has such heavy air when it get humid. It is much lighter air here, even when it is humid.
Off to the grocery store again, we are going to try to find one down the road a bit. We do a lot of exploring to find new places around here. There is almost everything we need not too far from us, but the traffic gets horrific at times.
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  06:27:52 AM  Show Profile
My first dog had chronic yeast infections because she was part basset hound. My vet gave me this blue liquid that I would squirt into her ears one at a time until the canal was full then slosh it around and wipe this brown stuff out of her ears. She would get up, shake her head and sit waiting for her treat. The blue stuff didn't cost that much. I used it on her everyday until it cleared up and then as needed.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  4:49:09 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:46:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  5:26:02 PM  Show Profile
G, my sister had a similar scare. The doctors thought is might be a leaky valve. Blowing through money could also be due to compulsive shopping. My mom and sister both have issues. My mom would buy stuff and not even open it. I feel for your mom as far as dealing with her children and illness. But then again, they bring it on themselves I guess. With what you have said about your childhood, I'm not surprised at the disfunctions. You can out ahead for sure!
The flight to Scotland does sound a bit daunting. Can you request an early check in? Hopefully you can sleep on the plane.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

130 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  08:08:48 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - Ozark Farmgirl on Sep 14 2015 8:48:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  2:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Your bonnet sounds fun. Maybe you won't get hat hair like I do. I wonder it is hot... Enjoy your custom garage. Hope it turns out just right, Steph.

G, um. thirty-two hours. Just give up on looking like yourself the first day. I hope you recover quickly so you don't miss anything just trying to adjust. At least you can get out of Dodge while sis is at home.

Good luck with your doggies ears. It does get stinky, doesn't it!

We watched dnA have her riding lesson. She was so worried that we would be bored. And was so happy that we came. It was a good thing. She starts sixth grade next week and it will be a very big challenge with the multiple teachers, classrooms and a locker to deal with. I am keeping her in my thoughts.

mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  5:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The blue stuff for dogs ears is not bluing like you use in laundry. It is an alcohol based product. We used to use it as well. It stung the dogs and they did not like it. I went to putting in baby oil figuring it would suffocate the nasties in their ears. Then I would take Q tips and scoop out the black stuff which was dead mites and their poops. I did this until no black stuff came out.

I used to dream the future although I did not know I did until the event happened and then I knew how it would happen and end. I stopped dreaming the future when I dreamed my grandmother's death. It was scary. I would like to dream again now that I know what it is but I have not been able to unblock whatever I did to stop. C feels people. Right now she is feeling that someone she knows is pregnant. C is slightly nauseous every morning and out of sorts. We have not figured it out yet and there are several possibilities that we are hoping it is not either of them. C and several people we know talk to dead people. They visit at night and tell her things.

G I remember you being so sick and taking so long to recover. I am glad you did and it is all behind you and for the most part you are enjoying good health. How are you both planning on dealing with the gluton issues while in Scotland?

Steph I am glad to hear you excited about your upcoming adventures. I hope the inspections work out for the best. I would not have thought to move the furniture around to mimic the new place. That is clever.

Mar you made dnA's week I bet. Good for you. The black eye gone? Was dd impressed?

Jan I am glad the park owner was accommodating with jerry rigging you some electricity.

Marie how is the garden going?

Cindy Hope you feel better soon.

I went down day before yesterday to prepare Coco's stall for the night and in her water bucket was a dead rat. I was so disgusted. We had rats maybe ten years ago now. My brother says if you see one you have a dozen. If you see a dozen you have a hundred. C bought rat poison yesterday. We hope to eliminate them before the winter sets in. Last time they ate through our rubbermaid bins we had the grain in. They ate more chicken feed than the chickens . Not wanting to live through that again.

Bunny I am glad you have not had any major altercations with your sister. It must be nerve wracking to have to worry all the time.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  6:45:03 PM  Show Profile
That rat forgot to wear a life-jacket. I wonder what Coco thought when she saw it? Do cows think? or just wonder? I would freak out if I saw a rat. When I was young we had a dog that was about four months old and he found a dead rat by the creek. He dragged it home and it was almost as big as he was. I have a friend who sees and hears dead people. She doesn't talk about it much. She also has epilepsy and her neurologist says she has a "gift".Most of the time the people will say something like, "Tell so-and-so that I'm fine." She likes telling someone that a loved one has a message for them. Her psychiatrist wondered about it until she saw his departed daughter and then he believed.
Steph--so glad your farmgirl dreams are coming true. Are there any karst on your new land? I remember reading about them when I took the Master Naturalist courses and I know Missouri has lots of caves. I've seen some in southern Illinois, where there are also lots of caves, mostly small ones. There is a special about karst on a channel called Greentime TV but I can't get that channel but maybe I can watch it on my computer.
Mar--I bet your neighbor was glad you watched her lesson. Horses can do so much for a young girl's self-esteem.
G--I've never been on a long flight so I hope all goes well. Maybe being in Scotland will heighten your prescience skills and you'll know "why" you have it. the Scottish are known for their gifts.
I'm still sick and hacking up and my head hurts from all the coughing. I saw my dr. today and she prescribed an inhaler that I used about an hour ago and it's really helped to ease that awful tightness I had in my chest all day. So now I'm taking a whole slew of meds. until i kick this thing in the butt. I found out what the "thing" was that was growing in my garden--my neighbor said it was ragweed. It's now chopped down. I still can't get out and mow so I asked the neighbor boy to do it, hopefully he can do it by this weekend. I had my car worked on yesterday and it didn't cost as much as I thought it would. The mechanic was good so I think I'll stay with him.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  2:57:40 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:47:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  5:30:09 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, if the doctors insist on giving B the antidepressants, just take the prescription and don't fill it. If he doesn't need it, he doesn't have to take it.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  6:08:21 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

G I do not know if they had you fill out a behavioral checklist before you went to any of the doctors. If you have not it would be a good idea for both of you to write down the behaviors that were making both of you crazy and score them with numbers. It is so easy to forget what you started out with when the behaviors change. It will give you a reference to check back on at the end of the month or six.

Burr Morse is a character who lives in the next town over. He writes a weekly column in the local newspaper of an educational entertainment sort of story. Last week he wrote about a mouse that had gotten in to the trunk of the car because he would keep the grain to feed the goats in the field of their tourist shop. The mouse died under the dashboard. His car is still ripe with the little carcass. I am glad you found the little rodent.
We have two cats that live in the barn and neither of them are big rat catchers. We do not have a problem with mice.

Cindy do you know about colt's foot and mullein mixed with a little mint. You can make tea with it or burn it and breath the smoke. It will ease the tightness in your chest. I have just dried some colt's foot and have mint hanging but am looking for the mullein.

I am sending dsR and dsG to school this year. They are having a good time so far and I am far less stressed trying to teach one temperamental boy instead of three. DsC is working on catching up on his reading and math. He has a vivid imagination and is curious and can remember and put together information but that reading is so hard for him.

She lost most of her feathers week before last. We thought someone tried to catch her for dinner. We found the feathers on the ground. So, I painted her with blu coat an antibiotic stain. So she was blue with brown. Now her feathers are coming back in.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  03:16:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh. Poor, naked, chickie. Looks like she is recovering.

Wow, holly.only one youngster at home for school! What a change for you. And how nice that the other two boys are doing well at school.

I was going to mention the same thing about ragweed. A lot of people are very allergic to that one! Glad the inhaler is helpful.

Mom is doing ok. She censors get opinions less each and every day. Which I find hard to overlook some times.

I got a bunch of hand sewing done yesterday. So now my seeing machine is put away for a bit, and that makes me sad
Mar

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Aug 28 2015 03:17:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  09:00:19 AM  Show Profile
G, make sure the hotel knows you are coming in the next day so they don't put you down as a no show and cancels your reservation. I suggest talking to them direct for that.

Poor chicken! I'm sure she will be glad to have all her feathers back before winter. Unless she is going to be dinner for your family. ;)

Mar, you are such a trooper in so many ways. Mil, and dear neighbor girl... Sounds like you need a girl cave to have time to yourself.

Jan, so hope your electricity issue gets fixed soon! No fun! Not the best time of year for electrical failures for sure.

Marie, I have to say if you do have an hysterectomy, it isn't anything like it use to be. I was living alone at the time and had no problems and didn't need pain pills hardly at all after the first few days. I know you will do fine.

Steph!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new home! We will all live are farm life through you and Holly.

Holly, so glad you will only have one DS home during the school year. Hopefully you will take it easier during the day?

Missing Marilyn but know she is hopefully having. Wonderful time in Alaska!

Work was good the last few days. I'm the official jean hemmer lol. But I also fixed a problem between the point of sale software and her Quickbooks. They weren't talking to each other and it took me two days, but I was able to fix it. Yay!
Plus, I get to go to Portland apparel market in September with my boss. I'm paying my own way but it will be well worth it to learn what it is all about. I have been to the gift markets and the quilt markets so this isn't totally new. Thankfully we are staying at the hotel the event is at. So if I poop out I can just head for our room for a bit. I can't wait!!
My hopefully last pet sitting gig for the year is coming up. My 9 nights in the boonies with the doxies. My mom said I could use her car for part of it so I'll save money on gas filling up her car instead of my big truck.
My sister is having a bunch of drama in her family with her oldest son and his wife. I repeat nightly "not my circus, not my monkeys". And go to bed without commenting.
My youngest said he might get sent to Norway starting in February for winter training. He would be there for 6 months. (Freezing his ass off). But he will be here for the ball.

Well, today is sewing day in the basement...yay! I had to take my serger in to be fixed. I broke it. I sewed over a pin and broke off an important part. Not looking forward to the bill. But it should come back in good shape. It needed to be serviced anyway.

Later all!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  11:39:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh my dear goddesses! I am missing you all so much, but having a great time. Packing up this morning to fly out this evening. Anchorage to Dallas/Fort Worth, then on to Philadelphia to be home tomorrow afternoon. I am tired thinking about it. We had first class upgrades on the way out but couldn't get them on the way back.

We have had a very good time - got out to Homer to see the gorgeous glaciers - have seen the Aurora several times - visited the Alaska State Fair on opening day - lots of fun, but tiring being away from home.

Older Daughter is a sweet girl, but she is sooooo ultra-green that she makes everyone feel uncomfortable. I mean - I recycle everything I can, and I try to use safe products when they work well, but this girl makes herself sick over every little thing. I won't say more now, because she has been very good to us, but it wears me out feeling like I need to walk on eggshells all the time - (which she then grinds up to make her ultra-natural hand soap.)

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  1:00:39 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:50:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  5:29:07 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had a very lovely day here in the Green Mountains. Temperatures in the high 70's with a light breeze and few clouds. The nights are getting cooler. In the upper fifties the last few nights. Great for sleeping but notice to us that we had better be ready soon for the change in headset.

DsC and I went down into the woods looking for windfall trees. We found 6 or 8 of them and I cut them off the stumps. Now I need to find a good path to haul them out with the tractor. Worked on the back wall of the stairs going into the house. If I had more knowledge the job would not be taking so long. Learn as we go.

DsC found Mrs Orpington in one of the bins in the bike house with two new chicks. C carried Mrs Orpington up to the barn tonight. We carried her two chicks as well. C has leather gloves and Mrs O was trying to take a piece of my skin off my arm when I put some food in there for her. C has leather gloves so she reached in to pick her up. C held her body with one hand and had the other hand holding her neck like a cone collar you see on dogs sometimes so Mrs O would not bite C's boob as she was being carried up to the barn. They are safely in one of the stalls. They can not get out and no one can get in.

Looking forward to seeing some nice pics from Scotland. I hope you have a grand time. How long has it been since the B was home?

Hugs to you Mar for strength in dealing with/living with a deteriorating mind. How are your flower beds?

Safe trip, Marilyn. Did they let your knitting needles onto the plane?

Bunny a trip away from home for pleasure with someone whose company you enjoy. Good for you.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page