doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  5:48:50 PM  Show Profile
Mar, I'm pretty sure she meant your Mil's deteriorating mind, ROFLMAO.

YES! Pictures- Camera- I knew I was forgetting something!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  7:35:55 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear that everyone has travel plans. I would like to visit the Grand Canyon someday. And see the Northern Lights. That chicken reminded me of a raptor from Jurassic Park. Maybe all theses meds. I'm on are messing with my head. I'm still hacking up hairballs and saw the dr. again today. She prescribed a new antibiotic (I was reading about it and they give it to people who have the Plague) so yes, I'm pretty under the weather. I didn't go in to work today. I'm probably going to have to fill out an FMLA form since these absences are related to my asthma. I had a chest x-ray today and supposedly I don't have pneumonia but I can't reach my dr. until Monday. But on the plus side, I got all the dishes washed that had been sitting on my kitchen counter since God knows when. I would do some serious vacuuming but i know it would make me cough. I can't even take Jaxon for a walk cause I get out of breath. Between me and Jaxon, I've spent over $300.00 in medical bills this past week. Ouch. The weather here has been nice and there's a full moon tomorrow night. My dr. said to go to the ER if my symptoms get worse in the next two days. Man, I hate being sick.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  9:54:12 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:51:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  11:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Oftentimes, I have felt as if I needed to a support group for people who take care of someone with a chronic illness just to stay sane. Most of you have heard the Lowell stories. It can be such a trial because when he can't sleep neither can I, when he gets angry and frustrated with his "illness" he yells at me and when he asks me for advice he doesn't listen. It's always all about him and I have to take care of everything. That will change soon. <she snickers and rubs her hands together>

If all else fails, I have my three best friends to help me through all of this: Bob, Mitzi and Morgan.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  06:01:33 AM  Show Profile
Morning, goddesses.

Marilyn, it will be so nice to have you back. Hope the flight wasn't too uncomfortable.I would love to see the Northern Lights. Were they magical? And we are all waiting for your green horror stories.lol

Holly, six or eight trees will make a good contribution to the wood pile! Two new chicks! Waiting for photos... Are the peepers arriving yet?

Bunny, I think your Portland trip sounds like an interesting event.Don't forget your business cards!

Fingers crossed that pneumonia does not develop and no more doctor bills!!! Just daily improvement.

oh,G, thank goodness you have The Mile High Club checked off your bucket list. That flight to Scotland is going to be challenging enough.

We are enjoying a steady gentle rain. Sigh. Dh just headed out to let the neighbor's cat out of our live trap. WE have it set in the hope of relocating a certain raccoon that is digging up our lawn.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  11:26:54 AM  Show Profile
G, don't forget the power is different over there. Make sure you have converters.

Marie, looks like you have a good team there.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  11:29:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm actually looking forward to this time of much relaxation and free time. I want to make a schedule of projects to accomplish and WIPs to finish after the first week. This will be all good.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  1:07:19 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:53:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  3:38:49 PM  Show Profile
I am WAY too mild mannered to be a member of The Mile High Club. But,I have been to las Vegas!

Marie,I do hope you get to enjoy some me time while you recuperate.

Tomorrow is birthday dinner for dd's boyfriend. Chicken scallopini for most of us, tofu scallopini for those who disagree with how chickens are raised for food in the US.

It will also be a congratulatory dinner for dd. She will be accepting a job offer next week. It is always fun to be together.

Mom was a bit scattered today. Lots of repeating herself and related questions.

I was busy when dnA wad here, trying to get things ready for dinner tomorrow. dnA came to the kitchen window and asked if she could come in to give me a hug. Gosh, that felt great. Special person that dnA.

Mar

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  4:26:34 PM  Show Profile
No, not a member of the Mile High club. Not even a member of the Rocky Mountain High club. I've only flown twice, both times to Dallas. I flew by myself and the flight was less than two hours. Not much opportunity there.
I'm wondering about what the tech said when I called to see if the results of my x-ray were ready. He said I tested negative for pneumonia and tachycardia. What's this about tachycardia? And I wonder if he was even authorized to tell me anything. I got a later call for me to call my doctor but I was sleeping and by the time I got the message, she'd left for the weekend. So do I or do I not have pneumonia? Sure feels like it. And when I cough really hard my heart races and hurts a little. Maybe the tech was trying to tell me I had something by saying I didn't have it. With HIPPA you have to be very careful what you say. Or maybe all these meds. are messing with me and I just can't tell.
Help, I'm coughing and I can't let up (you know, the old, Help, I've fallen and I can't get up). Maybe I should wear a coughometer so I know when I'm going over the speed limit. LOL (trying)
cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  4:28:30 PM  Show Profile
G, I'm afraid I am not a member of the mile high. I just haven't flown enough with that special person. Although there have been some interesting places in my past. Lets just say after I got to college in the mountains, I didn't need bathing suites for years!

Lots of good sewing today. I'm tired. Time to head off to the boonies. I have a good book to read and a rag rug to crochet.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  5:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Oh, G you shameless hussy you. lol I would like to be a member of the mile high club. How about a member of the daytime amtrak club. Does anyone remember the book Fear of Flying by Erica Jung? it was popular in the mid seventies.

Today was a lovely day. We are supposed to have a view of a super moon tonight but we have cloud cover.

A new job for dd? Mar. What happened with the cosmetics firm? disillusioned?

I am sorry you feel like you will cough your eyeballs out the front of your head. I know that is a very nasty feeling.

NIce company you have, Marie. Live comforters who do not complain or demand conversation.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  11:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Sadly, I am not a member of the Mile High Club. I fall asleep on the plane and only want to get up to use the bathroom. I score 66 on the Purity Test so there are many activities and places I haven't tried. It's probably too late anyway. Thank you for thinking that I had Gypsy. I feel special now.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  08:15:08 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:55:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  4:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a very lovely day here on the old hill farm. Temperatures were in the seventies. The sky was occasionally overcast. A light breeze all day long.

In the morning I cut wood. Just one tank of gas. I am trying to clear a pathway down to the wind falls that I cut off the stumps a few day ago. Oldest dsR came and helped today. He is strong and moved some big chunks of wood to the pile we can bring the wagon alongside to bring up to the house to split.

After lunch I worked on the back wall of the stairs. I replaced the joists and studs. Put in new insulation and nailed on the particle board. I am so glad it is done. It was so tedious and not challenging in an imaginative sort of way. Now I will put plywood on the inside so stupid boys can not punch a hole in the wall. That is why I have to replace the sheetrock to begin with. Stupid sons thinking they are so powerful they punch holes in the walls. 5/8 inch plywood should stop that annoying habit.

Maybe when I am childfree I will have the opportunities to join the mile high club.

The tomatoes are starting to ripen. DsR ate his fair share this afternoon.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  4:38:01 PM  Show Profile
I went to the ER today. Felt so horrible this morning when I woke up that I barely recognized myself. My pupils were small and my eyes looked weird. Coughing was terrible. Found out I don't have pneumonia but I do have severe bronchitis. Now I'm burning up with a fever. Taking a cough medicine with codeine. My head hurts from all the coughing. Starting to ease up a bit so that's good. The ER dr. wants me to get an EKG. My regular dr. will have to schedule it. After taking that cough medicine, I feel about a mile high. Just want to strip off my clothes and turn down the a/c. I hear a pounding in my head,, or maybe it's something outside, can't tell. Gonna lie down for a while. Yeah, I'm rather ill. Maybe when the fever goes away i'll feel more normal.
cindy

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  5:45:51 PM  Show Profile
Fever is starting to go away. I meant to say the dr. wants me to get an echocardiogram. EKG is electrocardiogram and they gave me that in the ER. I took a class in medical terminology years ago and I don't remember all the different tests. I know an echocardiogram is more involved. My friend on the cardio unit does that testing so I'll ask her about it.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  8:03:16 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:56:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  8:34:01 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, there's a lot of crud going around. My dad had a cold before I got sick (I think I may have gotten it from him) but he didn't get bronchitis and he seems fine now. But hospitals and schools are definitely germ factories. and the germs are getting smarter. I won't get a flu shot this year (I have in the past) because I came down with a severe rash last year after my flu shot. took months for it to clear up. I will probably get a pneumonia shot when I feel better. I'm allergic to some antibiotics and that can predispose you to having a reaction to a flu shot. I'm making some bone broth right now cause it's good for what ails ya. Got some grass fed beef marrow bones at the farmer's market. I added some salt and kelp to the water as it simmers. There was a drone at the farmer's market--kept buzzing around. I pretended to shoot it down. If I had a falcon, I'd train it to attack annoying drones. He he he.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  05:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Back at my desk -- yes, on a Monday -- because we've been away. I will take Thursday off this week. As soon as the Dude gets back from the Post Office with a week's worth of mail, I will be up to my eyeballs, so I probably won't get to visit much today. Sounds like Cindy's sick, and not sure how Marie is doing with her health watch -- gee...I go away for a week and everyone's ill!!!

And I don't know if the back of a school bus rattling down a mountain in Guatemala counts as any kind of "club," but I've got a lifetime membership! ha ha ha The trip back from Alaska was relatively painless, actually. We both managed to sleep more than we expected, so that long long leg from Anchorage to Dallas/Ft Worth was not too bad. Then there was only a 3-hour hop to Philadelphia. SOOOOOOO glad to be home, but Alaska was lovely -- at least the tiny portion that I saw.

Tomorrow kicks off Sock Sniper, an international sock knitting competition-game. I will be posting my progress. I have to knit a pair of sox for another combatant who happens to live in Ontario, Canada. She will be knitting for someone else, etc. etc. etc. Someone somewhere else is knitting a pair for me. As soon as I receive MY sox, I am considered dead, and have to quit knitting and send my unfinished ones on to the next person. It really is fun, and you meet lots of interesting knitters worldwide. This will be my first competition in about 3 years. It's a fund-raiser for Doctors Without Borders. You can follow us on Ravelry if you'd like.

Here's the Dude, and he's got an armful of mail -- and we're offffff!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."

Edited by - Marilyn Hartman Sullivan on Aug 31 2015 06:47:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  08:51:50 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, you win. Welcome home. Hahahaha. Gosh I miss you
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  09:27:47 AM  Show Profile
I actually feel sort of bad for the Dude's daughter with all the organic/green/hipster stuff. It's like she hurts for the planet and tries to be so careful about every stinking piece of ANYTHING that she touches --it's very difficult to have a conversation, because you always feel like anything you say will be something that she worries about. It's not like she's snotty or hurtful about what WE are doing, but she just can't have the "badness" in her home. She saves used staples, for goodness' sake! And of course, as is the case with anything like this, she sometimes strains at a gnat and swallows a fly. She will not have tissues in her house -- suggested that I switch to handkerchiefs (no thanks, been there), but subscribes to Vanity Fair magazine, which is a huge paper magazine every single issue. Then she can't force herself to recycle them (God forbid to throw them away) so they all sit in a pile in her living room. She hates any kind of extra packaging on anything, but doesn't notice the gigantic rolls of plastic that she runs through her vacuum sealer. I am much more aware of being environmentally careful than I used to be, but you have to have some kind of balance or you make yourself crazy (and spiny and unpopular -- ha ha). She will paw through every piece of produce in the grocery store to make sure it's organic and then buy cupcakes from a food truck. Sigh.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  6:47:42 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Welcome back Marilyn. I try to be conscientious but I think the Dude's dd is on overdrive. I am glad you both had a good time.

I heard on the radio this morning that SPAM stands for shoulder pork and ham.

I have begun to read The Microbiome Solution. I think there are some valid points that the flora in our guts controls our health. I am only in the second chapter so I will let you know how it goes.

Years ago when the biggest boys were little we arranged to take them to Disney World. We made them all several pairs of shorts which they watched us cut out. We told them they were for the summer. Then the morning we were to leave we told them to get up because we were flying to Florida. they could hardly stand themselves. We however were not harassed for weeks on end about when we were going to leave. I think G the build up for you may be causing some sleeplessness. I hope you are all excited in a good way and everything goes smoothly.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  6:53:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm with Holly - anticipation is my worst anxiety! I wish things Could just happen magically without planning.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  7:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn--welcome back. I can identify with the Dude's dd hurting for the planet--we should all hurt for what we're doing to our home--but it sounds like she's neurotic about it. There's such a thing as legitimate grief for our destroying the Earth, it sounds like she's grieving but in an unhealthy way. I try to be gentle on the Earth but I strive for balance as well. I'll buy vegetarian at the store but I'll eat meat if it's being served by someone else. I'm keenly aware of all the damage that's being done but I will not despair because I believe that someday, all will be made well by God. By the way, were you in Alaska when the president announced that Mt. McKinley would be renamed Denali? It's good to see Native Americans receiving their due.
Holly--since I'm taking antibiotic I've been drinking bone broth and eating plain Greek yogurt to help balance any damage done by the antibiotics. I've lost about four or five pounds since being sick and I still can't taste things very well. I'm eating healthier than I normally do cause I really believe I need good nutrition to overcome this illness. Almost everything they sell at the new co-op is organic so I bought organic pasta, beans, etc. and it costs a little more than the regular grocery but not near as much as, say, Whole Foods. Plus I get ten percent off for being a member.
It's starting to warm up here again, summer's last fling. Apples will be ready soon. Peaches are in season right now but I'm not much of a peach person. I do like them grilled. I called my dr.'s office today but she didn't make an appointment for me yet and I'm ticked off. Hope everyone has pleasant dreams.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page