churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  8:58:28 PM  Show Profile
I understand the point about eating meat, or anything for that matter, that someone serves Cindy. The Dali Lama says that even though one is a vegetarian one should not turn down a meal of meat because the person serving is giving the best they have to offer and it would be impolite to turn it down. I do turn down cake and everyone understands that.

I made an appointment with a nutritionist to help me make a meal plan while I am laid up. I want to make certain I eat correctly so I don't have a problem with blood sugars.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  9:30:07 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I think your meds will be more effective if you hold off on the yogurt until you finish the course of antibiotics...

Marie, it week be important for your heading to have your blood sugar in line. Good luck!

G, do you miss the dogs already?

Marilyn, School bus? Glad you had a nice time. Hope you have caught up with the mail.

Holly, I'm an "anticipation is the greatest part of pleasure" type. But, not for the kids. You played that one right. Yes,dd has a new position with a communications company. No more free/cheap make up.I'm sure there week be other perks. It is good to see her in a professional position that is in line with her education. This weekend when she visited with her boyfriend, she and I went out to putz with the horses. She started crying. She said she missed seeing them all the time. They are still do very important to her. She is so happy that dnA is able to get so much joy from them. She said, "A gets to be the horses' Special Little Girl now that I'm older, she deserves that title." It doesn't seem to matter how long between visits it has been, when dd heads out to the horses and calls, "Babies!" They will both nicker and head over for a hug... Gentle healers.

Mar

Mom's hair is lacquered into place for another week.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  07:38:27 AM  Show Profile
Cindy -- I missed his Presidentialness, thank goodness! A Presidential visit just wrecks a town -- traffic is awful, etc. The kids told us that General Aviation (which is HUGE in Alaska because distances are so far) was grounded. Everyone who worked downtown Anchorage in any kind of government office was told NOT to come to work for the day. Glad we got out before that particular circus came to town, but it was fun to watch the military aircraft practicing for the days leading up to it.

As far as Denali goes -- the whole time I was in Alaska, I never heard ANYONE refer to it as anything other than just that. I saw a McKinley street or avenue somewhere, but every single mention of the mountain was as "Denali." On the way out of the airport, our pilot, who was based in Dallas, called it McKinley and it sounded very out of place. Now people are talking about calling Mt. Rainier (which we always called it growing up in Seattle) Tahoma, which is the Native name. I'm not concerned as much about what we call it as where I might be when it blows its top!!! Eeek.

I am supposed to be starting my sock knitting competition this morning but:

a) Dude walked all around on tip-toe and didn't wake me up this morning -- let me sleep until nearly 8:00!!! So I drove into work on my own and didn't get here until after 9 -- he actually looked up at the clock when I came in! I wanted to bonk him.
b) It is end-of-month and I have so much paperwork to do -- reports, etc.
c) His Dudeness has to go get sworn in as co-executor of his brother's estate today, so he's thinking about that and being as spiny and prickly as a porcupine with a bad rash!!!

Hopefully he will get gone before long and I can at least print the pattern. There are four lovely choices, and I have looked at them -- I found one that I like and my fingers are absolutely twitchy!!!!

We are having tomato fest at our house -- they took a while to get going, but they are making up for it now. We could eat caprese salad every night, though, and be perfectly happy. The kids sent a bunch of salmon filets home with us, so we grilled a couple last night and the experience was delightful. We lay each filet on a couple of slices of orange and top it with my special "goo." The orange keeps the fish from sticking and adds some moisture and flavor. Oh it is yummy! With that, we had sauteed Swiss chard and the caprese salad. It was a feast.

Here's more paper, so I had better get at it. I do enjoy having lots to do at work, but I REALLLLLY wish I could be knitting. I will try to post progress shots if I ever get to make any progress.

G -- Did you already leave? I am hoping to enjoy Scotland vicariously through your visit!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

130 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  12:24:00 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - Ozark Farmgirl on Sep 14 2015 8:50:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  1:57:53 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:58:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  6:02:11 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I think the elevator and school bus are pretty up there on the list. Quite the group we have here.

G, have a wonderful trip! Take time to rest and enjoy yourself. We will try and behave while you are gone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  10:31:53 PM  Show Profile
I was snagging what a adventuresome group you gals are with dh. He reminded me that I belong to the Magic Kingdom Club. I had forgotten...

G, I do hope we hear from you often. We will miss you. Have a safe passage and take lots of photos.

Perc it is, then!

Marilyn, top down our heel up? What yarn did you choose and where is your pair going? Who is knitting for you, do you know yet? What color did you choose for yourself? Knit, knit, knit!!!

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  05:49:50 AM  Show Profile
Well, the Magic Kingdom is supposed to be the happiest place on earth.....

And the particular school bus to which I refer was no longer in service as a school bus -- it was serving as a charter at the time. Ahhh, my missionary days.

The sock pattern I chose (of the four we were given) is top down -- there was a toe-up, but I'm not quite as comfortable with that. I had to relearn a German Twisted cast-on, but it is nice and stretchy -- I may use it always in the future. My target is in Ontario, Canada. She said on her info that she liked blues and greens and I had a skein of a nice blue/green called Poseidon -- it seemed the perfect thing to use. I got some knitting done last night, but it sure is different from the old days when I wasn't working and could just spend all my waking hours knitting. Sigh. I am thinking I may not even get one kill in this time. I have no idea who is knitting for me --- probably won't until I get that dreaded (but wonderful) package in the mail. I can't remember now if I put down the home address or the work address, so it really will be a surprise. My sniper could be anywhere in the world, which adds to the fun of the game. I put down that my color preference would be a denimy blue, but that I would be okay with anything. It is always so much fun to get a pair of hand knit sox in the mail. We make up all these big obituaries with pictures, etc. It is really fun.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  06:11:58 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 2:59:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  06:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh G -- You just wrote soooooo many of the reasons why I hate air travel! I am so sorry you are having such a day. My ex was the WORST at procrastination (still is, actually) and always waited until way after the last minute to do anything. He would be up packing in the middle of the night so I couldn't get any sleep. For the last several years we were together, I took vacations by myself just to keep the stress down. It was just too stressful to try to travel together, honestly.

Speaking of the ex -- our wedding anniversary is coming up on Saturday -- it will be 28 years. Since we have been separated for 5, I think it's time to get the final divorce done. I know he would like to leave things the way they are, so he doesn't have to pay so much for my health insurance, but Dude and I have been talking a lot since his brother died about getting our situation clarified -- possibly even marrying, if that would help. So I'm not sure what I will do. We have an appointment with an attorney to redo our wills, so maybe he will be able to give us some guidance about what would be best for me financially.

I am wondering if any of you Goddesses have experience with the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace thingie -- I may have to go there to get my own health insurance.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  07:13:49 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:00:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  07:47:35 AM  Show Profile
I am 60 now, and we were certainly married for more than 10 years. I didn't realize that I could still get his SS even if I remarried -- that is good news!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  09:19:40 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:01:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  09:49:41 AM  Show Profile
My club experiences are more connected with WHAT I have done not where I did it. I like to have secure, private accommodations when I get my freak on. I have also had some exotic specimens I have recreated with like the FBI agent. I also cheated on the guy who I had used to cheat on my husband.

If you can't figure out the application process or have questions, get yourself a navigator. The website can find one in your area and you just make an appointment with them. Get that divorce!!! Do not put it off any longer. If there is a credit card in both of your names, have it stipulated that he cancel the card if it is still active. I have learned that even though a couple is divorced, the financial contract is still enforceable.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  10:42:17 AM  Show Profile
Several years ago, we had taken our employees out for a holiday dinner aboard the local dinner train. We boarded the train at a restored station in our little town and were treated to a lovely dinner onboard while enjoying the scenery along Lake Washington, etc., and on out north and east. The destination was the Chateau St. Michelle winery, where we got off the train, took a little tour or did some tasting and shopping in the gift shop. Then back on the train (which they had turned around) and ate beautiful desserts as we traveled back home. There was often a Mystery car where they played a murder mystery game over the course of the evening. Well, on this particular evening, one of our employees and her boyfriend got up from the dinner table and disappeared for a bit. When they came back, looking flushed and ruddy of cheek, they proceeded to regale us with allllll the gory details of their little tryst in the onboard restroom!!! I mean DETAILS. Ugh. One of the other ladies who worked for us was just so upset -- pushed her plate back and couldn't eat her dinner and also couldn't look the other girl in the eye EVER after that. My husband and I were just speechless. I mean -- do what you want to do, but just MAYBE a business dinner with your boss is NOT the place to pull something like that and PLEASE don't come back to the table and tell all your coworkers the details.

She left our employ quite shortly after that episode.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

130 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  10:43:30 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - Ozark Farmgirl on Sep 14 2015 8:50:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  12:13:10 PM  Show Profile
Steph -- you are making me feel better! ha ha

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  1:14:42 PM  Show Profile
Almost time to pack up and head home. Here's HOPING that G finally at least got out of Austin on her way to Scotland. Hopefully once they are in the air, things will settle and she can relax and the rest of her trip will be nothing but beautiful and green and restful!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  4:57:45 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Oh, G I do hope you are in the air over the Atlantic by now.
I am surprised that a doctor would prescribe Ritalin without a behavior survey. OK so it takes me a while to remember conversations.

I think a divorce is in order. I think there may be legal ramifications if you do not divorce. Like who makes the decisions about your health if you do not specify. HIm?

Ah Steph you are too funny. But, I can tell you live with hope.

Post a picture of the socks before you send them out for the kill.

Mar did your ravens fledge and leave or still eating treats?

Pulled a few more trees out of the woods with the tractor. There must be an easier way to do this. We are having end of July weather now. We are not complaining but the sweaty shirt could go. The pigs are not happy their wallows are drying up. the weather guessers say it should rain tonight. The sunset was beautiful orange.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  6:19:26 PM  Show Profile
I hope G is on her way to Scotland.Such a long flight, I hope she can rest. I would think it would be hard to rest on an airplane. I have slept on a bus and that was hard enough.
I can't get my echocardiogram till the 14th. Partly because of Labor day and the dept. will be closed. I'm also supposed to get some kind of a stress test but not on a treadmill. I'm breathing better but I can't walk very fast, or very far. I also can't work. Bummer. I think I have enough vacation time to cover my being off, if I have to be off longer, I have a lot of sick time. I made some muffins today which incorporated matcha (green tea powder). Matcha is supposed to be insanely healthy for you. They don't taste wonderful but they are healthy. That's all I care about right now.
Hope everyone is having a good evening,
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  02:20:14 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I sure hope the muffins help. It isn't easy to easy what's good for you.

G, I don't know what to say...I'm heat sick and frustrated for your time that is lost. I hope your schedule survived the delays.

Marilyn, I'm with everyone else! Get that divorce! The affordable healthcare act did decrease our out of pocket expenses...we were at almost two grand a month before, just for premiums. Washington is one of the states that had its act together, though.

Well, Holly. All we can do is talk about the weather, right? That sweaty shirt week be a distant memory soon enough.

Got our flu shots yesterday. Check! Asked for the short needle so my bone wasn't bruised this year. There is the usual soreness, no big deal.

I am learning the Magic Loop method of circular knitting.it is pretty ingenious. Another hundred rounds and I'll have it down pat. Then I will stay my first knitted monster. It seems like an appropriate time if the year for this project.

Marie, you got me beat in the exciting partner category. Not that any of us are competing...

Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  1:20:53 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:02:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  1:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Well, it is six hours later here than Texas. So that helps some-not much.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  3:35:45 PM  Show Profile
So happy you made it to Scotland. Give yourself time to adjust.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  5:42:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The weather guessers were wrong......again. No rain last night. The piggles are dumping their water bucket to make a wallow inside the barn in the sand. I dumped water on them trying to help. They were not impressed with my method. They like laying in a tub but not in a shower.

G I am glad you made it to the old world. I have only been in Heathrow once. it was maybe 1976 and there was a strike of some sort. We sat in the air port too many hours and then sat on the airplane 6 hours waiting for our turn to take off. I am glad you got out of there.

Cindy I am glad you are feeling a little better.

I remember when I was young working with my father and having the sweat run down his face into his glasses and drip off his nose. I thought it was disgusting. Today I joined him in the disgusting world of sweat. I h]put three more sheets of standing seam roofing on the green house. Three more sheets to go.

Garlic seeds

window in the maple syrup boiling house.

Mar are you typing on something different than you used to these last week or so?

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page