Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  6:09:02 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone remember the book "I'm ok, you're ok". There was a counseling program in our town via that book and my mother decided my sister and I needed to go. After only a few group sessions the leader of the group told us we didn't need to come anymore. We were fine. It was our mother that needed the group more than us. I think he must have said something to our mom because we didn't go anymore after that. She did not either of course.

I can't believe the weather you are having Holly. I sure hope a drought isn't in your future. We have been having a typical winter here. I think California is happy with the storms they have been getting. The ski resort close to where I use to live is open. That is a good indicator that things are getting better there.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  7:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Dining room table after one hour of cleansing.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  9:42:23 PM  Show Profile
I just typed a post and it disappeared. Guess who I saw last night? Yep, the jolly old elf himself. Only he was big and burly and rode a Harley. And I'm pretty sure his beard was real. This was SANTA CLAUS. And he rides a Harley, no reindeer. He was surrounded by eight other Harley riders and I heard him call out, "On Trasher, on Flasher, on Lancer, and Bit**in, on Con Man, on Stupid, on Dauntless and Blitzreig. To the left of the cars, to the top of the hill, now rev away, rev away, rev away all." Yes, Santa is a Hawg rider. I know. I saw him with my own eyes. And I heard him exclaim as he rode out of sight, "Merry Christmas to all, and have a Harley night."
Maybe I'm like you, Gypsy, and have too much time on my hands. I tried to take a picture but all I got was a blur of lights. I wish Santa would bring me a Spider for Christmas. I think I could handle a bike with two wheels in front. I took a motorcycle class once but it was very hot and I started feeling sick. We were supposed to weave between these traffic cones. I quickly realized it's a bad idea to ride when you feel nauseous. It affects your sense of balance. I haven't tried riding one since but I've been a passenger when my brother had a bike. And I've had dreams about cruising down the highway on a motorcycle. Maybe someday....
It doesn't feel like Christmas here cause it got up to 65 degrees today. I was sweating at work. And we're supposed to get five or more inches of rain this weekend. Some people like it, but it worries me. This weather isn't normal for this time of year. I think we're doing a terrible thing to the Earth and we'll pay the price soon. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but as Joel Salatin said, "Folks, this ain't normal." Or maybe I'm not normal. I think Santa rides a Harley. OK, I'm a loony tune but I still think I'm more in touch with reality than most politicians. A good economy depends on a healthy ecology. I want to write this across the forehead of every person running for any office in this country. And the world. So that's my Christmas wish--a healthy ecology and a fair economy. So Santa, you Hawg man, you, please make my wish come true. And have a Merry Christmas and a Harley night.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  06:44:28 AM  Show Profile
I survived the big party -- had a good time, actually. There were so many people there that I was able to just sort of avoid her. One of my favorite people was there -- a 95-year-old man who sells antique and rare postcards in an antique mall. I see him exactly once a year -- at this party. We walked in the door and he was sitting on the couch across the room -- he shouted "Hi, Marilyn!" I want my brain to be like his when I'm 95 -- he is just as sharp as a tack and lives every single day. He only goes to the shop on Sundays. He said he had a call from one of his employees yesterday saying he had had "a hell of a week." He said he wasn't quite sure what that meant, but it sounded pretty good! Just a delightful man. Sadly, I am not that good at names now, so I don't know what I'll be like at that age. He doesn't see well, so he has a guy who drives him everywhere, but otherwise he is doing great.

Dude waited and waited and waited for the floor delivery yesterday -- the window was from 12 to 5, so you can just guess when the truck arrived. In the dark. In the rain. So he had quite a bit of time at home alone yesterday to tackle some little projects. I walked in the door and saw that he had cut out the upper part of the wall between the kitchen and the living room. He had been wanting to do it for ages and finally just went for it. Our little 3-bedroom 1970s brick ranch house has morphed into a very contemporary and open floor plan home. I never thought I would enjoy contemporary, but I really do.

We are having the warm weather here, too. Supposed to smash records today and reach 76 degrees. It should be in the low 40s. We had thunder and lightning last night and are expecting more today. I got my walk in -- it was pretty quiet uptown. We are planning to close up at noon. I just have a few things to take care of here and then I will gladly leave. It was so SO quiet yesterday and I hate being bored at work.

Bunny -- Congrats on the additional work! Glad it's something you can fit in around your other jobs. Eventually I would like to do freelance bookkeeping so I could work from home again. Customers and phones are not my favorite things.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  08:02:36 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday, the Black Lives Matter people protesting the killing of a young black man by police staged a protest at the Mall of America. A judge blocked an injunction by the property. That was the decoy. A bunch of them went to the airport, blocked traffic, blocked security, held up some flights and the continued journey of others. Many were arrested. It was a dangerous situation with the number of people coming and going and severe weather conditions. I know why they did it -- for attention. I am not certain this was the best venue for it. The Mall of America was concerned about a loss of sales and I believe anyone who really wants to shop could handle that situation. The airport is a different story. Not a good situation.

Lowell just called. He couldn't find the place to go and asked me for the phone number he had written on a piece of paper and left by the phone. I was tidying up and put two pieces of paper in the recycling and another in the scratch paper because the other side could be used. I dumped some of the recycling and didn't find it there. He was yelling at me so I didn't remember the scratch paper until I hung up on him. I found it and called him back. I put the paper back where I found it. Problem solved . . . I guess.

Have a peaceful Christmas and a brave New Year.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  08:26:21 AM  Show Profile
I felt badly for the travelers that were held up at the airport by the activists. It is a difficult time to travel and very expensive. I can imagine the families thinking their holiday plans were ruined along with having flushed a bit of money down the toilet. Their message should be heard, but I don't think it will be when you alienate the people whom you are getting to influence.

I am so happy to be on the same side of the very snowy mountains as dd this year. No worries about mountain passes, airline delays and the like. What a pleasure.

They will arrive sometime today. They are trying to avoid traffic for the eighteen mile trip. They do have to cross two rivers and bridges can always get congested. Also, Portland and Vancouver are both large cities with many commuters.

Yesterday was supposed to be the busiest travel day. The airports were good on the left coast, but the mid west and east coast looked to be a mess.

Many of you are having rather severe weather with the warmth colliding with an incoming child front. Not exactly normal.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  11:14:26 AM  Show Profile
Yep, that child front can get pretty pesky with all the whining and crying. I called the maintenance crew to spread sand on the sidewalk to give us traction on the ice created by the child weather. Those pesky kids!!!

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  4:11:46 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I really like your Harley story, Cindy it was wonderful. I needed a good chuckle and got it.

DdK made chocolate chip cookies today and forgot to put in the chocolate chips. I think she was too distracted by whatever movie she was watching on her phone.

We have slept with the window open the last two nights. Imagine in December being too hot and opening the window. The high today on the side of our hill was 62 F. I too am worried about the repercussions of all this warm weather. I read some people in the Boston area are concerned because last year they started out mild and got dumped on with feet of snow. In the city they had no where to put it and were stuck for days. We are having rain almost every day or night so hopefully the ground water is getting full so our wells or springs will not go dry. If we do not have cold the nasty insects are not killed off and we will have too many ticks. Maybe the birds will eat them all.

Cindy, thank you for the holiday card.

Almost serves Lowell right for harassing you to clean up your piles for you to have cleaned up his. Sorry he was short tempered and blaming with you. How was dungeons and dragons last night?

In the morning is some special full moon besides being the last of the year. I hope we have clear skies for it.

The boys are very excited this evening. To save our sanity this afternoon we parked them in front of the TV to watch a movie. Gave us a couple of hours of quiet anyway. We went for a walk in the woods this morning. That was nice. Ross wore his favorite boots which are five sizes too big, don't tie right and he stepped in the stream and it flooded over the top. I thought we would have to go home then but he took off his hat and put it on his foot inside the boot and he was good to go. Clever boy.

I hope you all have a pleasant day tomorrow with moments of joy.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  4:15:37 PM  Show Profile
Some pictures for your amusement.

DsRoss with his best buddy Ben at school.

DsGabe with the circus man, Troy Wunderle at the afterschool program

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  5:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I got your package today. How fun!! Thank you so much! Can't wait to try the sunchoke pickles. The maple syrup blew its top on one side but didn't lose much. You are so sweet!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  8:14:38 PM  Show Profile
Happy Christmas Eve, everyone.

We had a lovely day with my DD - the prime rib was out of this world. It was the first time she had ever made one and she was worried, but it was so good. We had a really nice day, lovely weather. It is a 2 hour drive each way but over half of it is on toll roads so the traffic wasn't bad.

Bunny, the small accounting job sounds good, a few of those could add up.

Holly, your boys are so darn cute! Ross is really growing up.

Tomorrow we will sleep in and have a quiet day. A couple of movies, maybe.

Marilyn I'm glad the party went well for you. Have a good Christmas Day tomorrow, everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  02:06:00 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas Everyone!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  07:36:11 AM  Show Profile
I know you all don't know me or anything about me yet, but if any are pray-ers, please keep my children, grands, and me in mind. My ex-husband passed away last night.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  09:41:08 AM  Show Profile
Ann, so sorry! Your family must be devistated. Prayers to everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  4:07:19 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 09 2016 7:49:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  4:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had a very nice holiday. Two of the big boys came. One of the big boys who did not come, called. Two of the other boys did neither. Some day they will grow up enough to get out of their own way. Everyone was happy.

DdK received a Sims game that needs to be loaded onto her computer from the internet so we do not have a lot of online capacity right now. Maybe tomorrow I can upload the picture.

Ann we will think of you and your children kind thoughts.

Bunny sorry it leaked. Glad it made you happy.

G glad the visit with your daughter and her family went well. I really like steak that is cooked right.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  4:28:21 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 5:53:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  9:37:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting great photos, holly. I bet it was a fun time going thru your present bags this year. G is right. Having littles around makes Christmas especially entertaining.

Ann, thinking of your kids during this sad time for them.

Bunny, those side jobs are really good for helping you set aside that extra $.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  05:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

For my birthday I hope all who read this have a day with moments of joy.

hugs to all of you.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  05:52:34 AM  Show Profile
I am going to try for a series of pictures posted one at a time.

The tree decorated with lights by dsG and dsC. I work of art.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  05:55:24 AM  Show Profile
the children who were here.

Kethry, Leo, Robert

Rici, Chris, Taliesin, Ross and Gabe

missing Kevin, Eric and Jarrett

Hanging from the beams behind the children are our ornaments. I tied loops and hung them when the children were little and the cats were too active. We lost some very nice ones to the cats tipping over the tree.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Dec 27 2015 05:58:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  08:38:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh Holly! Such beautiful children! They all look so safe and happy.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  08:59:20 AM  Show Profile
Great photo, Holly. Missing you and C from the pictures. Hope you had a great holiday, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

We got a belated present today. We have wanted a golf cart and thought it would be in the budget for next year. Last night a perfect one was put up on the buy,sell trade community post, at a give away price so this morning we went over and grabbed it. We are now cleaning out a space in the garage to put it. It is burgundy and coincidentally matches B's fancy golf set. The woman said she was moving back to Virginia to be near her Family. . Which is why I live here when I'd rather live in Florida.

Ann, thinking about you and your family and hoping you are able to find moments of joy as Holly so beautifully puts it.

Hugs to all.

Edited by - doll58maker on Dec 27 2015 3:38:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  09:15:01 AM  Show Profile
Holly, Happy Birthday. What a great picture! So nice to finally put faces to the DS and DD. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  10:40:13 AM  Show Profile
Mel, please check in and let us know you are ok. Dallas area was very hard hit last night and this morning. It all happened north of us. We woke up to cold drizzle but nothing more. I've just now looked at the news and realized what happened.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page