churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  08:01:35 AM  Show Profile
I have an idea Deb. How about leaving home now and stay in Denver overnight to get to your DH's appointment. I don't know how close Colorado Springs is or if it is on the same side of the mountain pass as Denver but maybe you could stay until Tuesday to make your appointment. The two of you can treat it like a mini-vacation. Of course, it could be that you have animals to take care of and this wouldn't work. Just a thought.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  08:13:25 AM  Show Profile
Marie: It is too late, we are snowed in already sadly! Yep. We are a zoo too, we have 3 Doxies, a canary and a gecko. I can get someone to come during the day to feed them all but much harder for over nights. Plus with hubby being 100% disabled it is not easy going away for a few days and with all his pain he just wants to be home. It is all a connundrum believe me.
Thank you though for the thought and we have had to go the night before when they schedule his appointments at 8 am. We just do not want to move closer to the VA facilities as we love living in the mountains. The VA clinic in Colorado Springs is only an hour away but they do not do all the medicAl procedures there that he needs. Oh well we will get it figured out#128522;

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  5:14:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I started reading on the previous page and there were three posts ahead of mine that were not there when I posted.

Deb sorry you hubby is in pain all the time. Did he have an accident after he was flying to put out fires? I can't remember. It must be so hard on his emotional well being to have gone from very able bodied to not. and on you too.

The temperatures were close to 40 F today. There is a thin sheet of ice that looks like shiny snow on the ground.

I was reading in my Birds and Bloom magazine that there is a see how many bird species you can count in 24 hours contest. The one they featured was in Texas. There was also an article on plants that will grow in drought conditions. How is your yard, G? any pretty flowers yet?

I wonder if Janiee ever pops on and reads.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  03:15:01 AM  Show Profile
Just jumped in to catch up a little on everyone. We have been in Charleston all weekend. Just getting up to head back home now. Talk to you all this afternoon.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  06:24:48 AM  Show Profile
No VA appointment or trip today! Buried in snow with more to come.
Check in later.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  5:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

There was an article in the Sunday paper by Jane Brody. She is a health columnist for the New York Times. She wrote there have been health studies done on the benefit of knitting. It lowers blood pressure and is like a moving meditation. Who would have known that someone would have actually spent money studying old women and knitting.

Today was unseasonable warm. The high 50 F. What is the ground hog going to think about the remaining length of winter with such warm days when it is supposed to be so cold? The cow was out looking for browse today.

DsT still has his job washing dishes. He is supposed to have his first pay check tomorrow. He says he has so many things he wants to buy he thinks he won't have enough money to buy everything. hahaha isn't that what most people think? He says if he sticks with it they will teach him how to work the line making pizzas. He told C that he told some younger boys at the Recreation basketball court that they should not start smoking because it is too hard to quit. He said he thought maybe he was a hypocrite by telling them when he does. Light dawns on marble head.

DdK went to see a friend today for a couple of hours. It boosted her spirits. I drove both ways but she was still glad to go. Her friend's boyfriend broke up with her over the weekend and was having a hard time. DdK said she was doing better after their time together. This was the young woman who came to visit ddK the other night and they laughed so much.

I hope you can enjoy the snow some, Deb. Are you able to snow shoe with your knees? I can't remember if you have new knees or not.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  5:57:52 PM  Show Profile
How nice for ddK to get out a bit. And a broken heart definitely calls for a girl friend visit.

What a disappoint to have to wait on your VA appointments.

We are mid project in replacing the carpeting in our bedroom with fake wood. There was a musty smell to the carpeting YUCK so dh is painting the subfloor with Kilz and then we have a barrier to put down before we actually install the flooring. It looks like the previous owners may have over saturated the carpeting when it was cleaned. There was no mold or mildew under the carpet, but a few of the nails had rusty heads.

I can almost out myself to sleep knitting, Holly.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  06:11:16 AM  Show Profile
I need to take up knitting again. But I've given away most of my supplies.

Holly, there is never a dull moment when raising teens, is there. So much drama, with first loves, first jobs, everything in life so new. I like hearing about your children. I've grown fond of them from the stories and occasional pictures.

Can not imagine how it would be to deal with snow and ice for months on end. It was nearly 80 yesterday and the sun is up already this morning. It is supposed to get down to freezing in the mornings only for the next few days but no moisture, so it will be a non event. B drives into the city alone today for his doctor appt. just he and Miss Kitty, who always directs him to the freeway which terrifies him, so I hope it works out. It rarely does. I am going to do some volunteer work in the community outreach gardens and plant some lettuce in my beds. This week we will prep the beds for planting potatoes next week.
We won't plant all the veggies I mentioned right now, but rather over the next several weeks. There is an art and science to gardening in the Texas hill country. The worst thing is to work so hard and get it right, have a beautiful healthy garden up and going, only to have a hail storm come and take it all out. That happened to me several years ago. Overnight I had a nothing but a garden of green confetti. That's Texas.

Mar, I don't envy the flooring project. But it will be so nice when it is finished and you have a nice clean floor to walk on. You will be amazed at the amount of dust that collects under the bed if you've been used to carpet. It's why I don't have carpet. I know it's there even though I can not see it. Hope you will post a picture. The only thing I regret with my fake wood floors is the installer wanted to float it rather than glue it down. It has a hollow sound and feel that I do not like.

No news here, hope all of you are doing well. For some reason the 35 and under thread ended up right underneath ours, I took a look and someone, referring to our thread, said" they talk a lot". Well, sometimes we have a lot to talk about, lol.

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 02 2016 06:12:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  06:26:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Gals~

It is still snowing but is suppose to stop sometime today. I will miss my Rheumatologist appointment as we can not dig ourselves out yet, but that is okay as the office is in the big city and they are closed due to all the snow.

Hubby's VA appointment has been rescheduled until the 22nd of February, that is pretty good.

Yes, Holly I have had both my knees replaced, I would love to learn to snow shoe, and believe me we have enough snow for it right now. But, sadly I am not very coordinated!

Holly: so happy DdK's is able to get out and visit a girlfriend, we all need our girl time! I have my knitting group meeting tomorrow, it is right down my road so I could walk if I had too. It will be good to spend time with the women folk! I love my guys but.....

Knitting is wonderful and yes so relaxing! I can not even imagine not knitting I do enjoy it so much!

Time for another cup of coffee.

TAke care sweet gals and enjoy your day.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 02 2016 06:28:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  06:51:25 AM  Show Profile
Whew! We are back AGAIN, and I am hoping that we will just stay put for a while. I really need a day at home to catch up (and I would love to have some "alone" time, anyway) but today was not the day for it. I had end-of-month stuff to do and I knew it would be busy after being closed for a couple of days. My Ma and Pa Kettle folks should be in today to make their payment -- they get their "guvmint" money on the first. Rasta weird lady is due tomorrow, and if she gets her money early, she will be in to pay. We were wondering this morning if she ever got the helicopters to stop circling.

Charleston was delightful. Our flight was short and smooth, and the cottage was just gorgeous! We got in early in the day and couldn't check in yet, so we left our bags at the clubhouse and went over to the USS Yorktown to tour it. Dude was getting anxious because he hadn't heard from Youngest Daughter when they would be down to join us. She finally answered his texts and said she wasn't feeling well, so they wouldn't be able to come down. He was pretty disappointed. I tried to tell him that there were LOTS of reasons why a 29-year-old woman would NOT feel well enough to drive all the way across the state and be away from home, but she might not want to explain them to her dad. I think he still felt like she was just not wanting to come. Whatever the reason, we now had 2 extra $100 VIP passes to the Oyster Fest. I had been kicking myself earlier in the day for not contacting a friend from high school in Indiana who was living in Charleston -- so I sent her a little message on facebook and asked her if she would like to join us. She said she had been wanting to go to the Oyster Fest but didn't want to go alone! So Sunday morning she met us at the cottages and we spent a wonderful day shucking oysters and drinking and eating some more and talking and talking and talking! I hadn't seen her in over 40 years and we had lots to catch up on! ha ha Dude was tickled to have us chattering away and we all had a great time.

The cottages are right on the Charleston Harbor waterfront in Mt. Pleasant. So much nicer than the condo we had on St John!!! Everything was just top-notch and all so beautifully decorated. The staff was friendly and very helpful...we plan to go back and spend a week sometime just to relax and tour Charleston. There were two bedrooms -- a master with a king bed and another with two full-size beds. Each room has a bath and there is a powder room off the kitchen. There's a big screened in porch along the whole waterfront side of the cottage with lots of cushy chairs and a hammock. It really was lovely and I recommend it to anyone who has a chance to go to Charleston.

We toured the Yorktown, which was a treat for this history geek. There was also a WWII submarine to walk through, and the Vietnam Experience, which is a walk-through outdoor exhibit with sounds and sights and lots of historic information. The VA in Charleston uses it for patients who have Vietnam-era PTSD. It is so realistic that they are able to use it to desensitize them and it is really helping lots of them.

After we toured the Yorktown, we went to a restaurant called The Fishhouse for drinks and a light supper before going back to the room. They had fried green tomatoes, which were yummy, and I had a couple of rum punch you in the nose drinks.

I had honestly just been dreading the weekend and I just went along because Dude wanted to do the oysters, but it turned out to be so much fun! I think there's a lesson in there for me somewhere.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  12:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Our winter storm has arrived this morning. The flakes are big and fluffy, full of moisture. We are expected to get 4 to 7 inches. This is a nice time to stay inside and work on UFOs.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  1:18:02 PM  Show Profile
Marie -- Sounds like a great idea! The snow from our big blizzard is still hanging around just over a week later, but we're supposed to get lots of rain tomorrow, which should clean it up nicely.

The little yuck who cursed and swore at me on the phone the other day -- then said he would not "deal with" me anymore -- he came in this afternoon to make his car payment (late, of course). He started toward my desk and I looked him right in the eye and said "I hope you don't expect ME to help you, because I won't do it. You said you didn't want to deal with me." I just waved him off like a bug. He stuttered for a couple of seconds and then turned around and went out and had to stand and wait while Dude finished his conversation with another customer. When Dude came back to my desk to get the payment/receipt book, he was grinning from ear to ear. I am so glad he backs me up with nasty customers. If the little puke wants my help in future, he can give me an apology for his filthy mouth.

Busy day here! I think I have pretty much everything caught up that was really time-critical. So many little weird odds and ends.

Almost time to head home. Tenderloins and broccoli for dinner. Yummers.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  2:46:03 PM  Show Profile
Deb--if you don't mind me asking, how painful is knee replacement? That's what my mom needs and I don't think she's strong enough physically to handle it. She's never been one to push herself to do anything--I worry she'll have the surgery and then won't do the exercises and all that entails. She's very stressed out from moving over the weekend and I suggested she call her dr. and ask for some anti-anxiety medicine. MY surgery is tomorrow morning and I'm stressed out cause my dr. just called and asked if he could do it a different day. This, after I'd already arranged for transportation to and from the hospital. I told him no, I can't reschedule the surgery. so tomorrow it is. And I won't be able to drive for quite a while after the surgery so I've stocked up on groceries. So you might not hear from me for a while. I'll be on strong pain meds. for the next three days so if I do post something, it might not make much sense. THe qwik brown nn fix jummded ober the lasy god? I HOPE it doesn't get that bad!!!
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  3:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Cindy - Remember to bring a small stuffed animal with you to hold during the surgery. I swear with my hand on my heart that it helps with the anxiety.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  4:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Good luck to you Cindy. You are strong. You will do just fine. Feel better soon! Hugs, g.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  5:36:26 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I do not have a lot of experience with GPS but it did give me an option of whether I wanted to go on the highways or back roads. Maybe Miss Kitty knows another way to get there if she is asked. I was driving in Washington DC trying to get to some town in Virginia. There were two left hand exits and I was supposed to take the second one and I kept getting into the traffic that forced me off at the first one. I finally told the GPS to take me another way. I was not happy and my vocabulary had deteriorated to a few select syllables.

Mar be glad the carpet was wet with old carpet wash and not old dog piss.

The trip to Charleston sounds like it was fun. a little jealous of the good food, good company and good condo. I will live vicariously through your trios.

Hugs to you Cindy. Sorry mom is out of sorts. I think any of us would be if we had lived in one place for so long and then had to move lock stock and barrel.

DsR and DsG had their music concert at the school tonight. It was cute. DsR had been adamant that he would not participate. He told DdK that he had stage fright. I her most non sympathetic was she said, we all do, get over it. he did the little dance with is best friend and then they sang two songs. He stood nicely on the stage. DsG played on the drum well with his class and then sang in a man voice for his songs. I think that meant he had one of the deep voice parts. they are both glad it is over.

I went for my peek and poke this morning. I am to go to the physical therapist for bursitis in my hip. If my hands are still falling asleep when I am supposed to be sleeping then when the cow will be dried off before her next calf I can go and have a nerve test to see if it is a problem with my shoulders or whether it is carpal tunnel.

DsG was supposed to get paid today for washing dishes. he told C that the check they gave him bounced and they will give him another next week for more hours. sounds odd to me. It is hard letting him figure out the world and not running ahead or after to fix it up for him.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  5:58:50 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, you will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Glad you got to stay with your scheduled date.

Holly, congrats on having your annual visit over with.

Not too happy to hear a paycheck bounced...

Marilyn, way too stand firm against the little turd.

Marie, enjoy being home and cozy.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  7:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Ditto. Good job, mar.

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 02 2016 7:39:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  10:07:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. Been reading everyone's posts. Hope Cindy's surgery goes well. Good for her for sticking to the date.

Marilyn, sounds like the weekend was just right. Nice when it takes a good turn of events.

Nothing much going on around here. Sister drama as usual. She is in pain all the time. Does this big crying thing at my mo. About how bad she hurts and can't eat anything. But I walked by her car this morning and saw a big bag of garbage from versions fast food places. She ate two jars of Nutella just this week alone. I know have to hide mine in my room.
I now know why when I moved in, my mom hid food around the house. She had chips hidden in the linen closet and candy in her nightstand. My sister knows all her hiding places though.

I stay clear of her the best I can. She came home the other night ranting at my mom as soon as she came through the door.
I'm afraid to come out of my room unless she is in her bed.

I did get some sewing done this weekend at least.

Holly, sorry dsT's check bounced. Not a good way to start a job. I hope he can get paid soon. I would think a pizza parlor wouldn't have a problem paying employees.

Marilyn, did rasta lady come in today?

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  04:51:47 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning from bone chilling cold Colordo,

Brr, but it is cold this morning! Minus one degrees, I have a roaring fire going in the wood stove so life is good.

Cindy will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today, you will do fine, let us know when you can how you are doing. Marie is right about the stuff animal, it will be a bit of comfort you will be glad you have. I have a floppy old teddy bear that goes with me:-)

Marilyn: Didn't you just love Charleston? So beautiful and rich in history, I have not been in many years but will never forget our trip there. We lived in Savannah for 10 years so visited Charleston many times.
Also hoping to visit again in November for a Christmas Art Workshop, it will be a fun weekend, I won't want to come home!

Holly so unfair DdG check bouncing, hope all will be better soon. Hope DdK's is feeling a bit back to her old self and not in so much pain.

Marie: is your snow storm over? Ours is for the moment, now just to did out! I really want to go to knitting group today.

More later Cindy on my knees!

Stay warm gals and enjoy your Wednesday.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 03 2016 04:52:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  07:04:34 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of Cindy this morning. I hope she took Marie's advice about the stuffy -- sounds like a good idea to me! Holly -- we were talking about GPS down in Charleston over the weekend. My high school friend who was with us (her name is also Marilyn) said that she usually uses her Google Maps on her phone, but decided one day to try the Siri version. She has her Siri set so it is a nice Australian man's voice. Well, Siri kept misunderstanding her and getting her lost and she finally got very aggravated and said "*(^#)#($*"! Siri very calmly said "Marilyn! Your language!" So that was our little in-joke all weekend -- Marilyn! Your language! Bunny -- how does a person even eat a whole jar of Nutella? I like it a lot, but it still wouldn't be something I could nom down with a spoon -- no wonder her tummy hurts. I shouldn't make light of your situation, though. I don't know how you do it without getting aggravated and just losing your cool on them.

Speaking of losing one's cool. Last night, Dude said that I "Should be more calm." He is a very lucky man to be alive right now -- ha ha ha. People who do not have anxiety issues just have no idea what it's like, do they? I mean, I would dearly LOVE to "be more calm." I do not enjoy the feeling of all the blood rushing from my extremities, nor the pounding of my heart in my throat, nor that rush of blood telling me that I will literally die if I don't get outside my skin right now, or the suffocating feeling of walking through Jello just to get through a normal day. So I guess today I will "be more calm." I think I will be a couple of inches taller while I'm at it. Sigh.

It is raining now and supposed to rain very heavily later on. Hopefully this will wash away our recent blizzard and I will be able to get out for my walks in the morning. I took the car and did a bunch of errands as soon as we got here today. There were just some things I needed to do for myself. One of my little girls is turning 14 this weekend and I needed to get a card in the mail to her. She has been having seizures and they still don't know for sure where they are coming from, so she's had a tough year. She is my former daughter-in-law's daughter. A real sweetheart. I also wanted to ship a DVD from St John Tourism to my folks. My dad will enjoy the history and my mom can watch it every day and it will be brand-new every time! I am trying to come up with another list of "memories" for her, because that seemed to help when I did it before. I made them one of those pocket letters a while back and put little papers in the pockets that had "do you remember?" notes. They both loved it and Mother just crowed and crowed that she remembered every one.

Time to get to work, ladies. Sending good vibes and healing to Cindy today.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  07:30:43 AM  Show Profile
The storm has ended. Now comes the "SNOW EMERGENCY". In Minneapolis we have very specific parking restrictions when there is snow to be moved. Today we can only park on the odd side of residential streets and on the snow emergency routes which had been plowed yesterday. Lowell is sick today and he didn't want to move his van and had asked me to find someone who could do it. That I could not do so he got out of bed. He is not going to work today. D*MN how I dislike having him around the house.

Anyway, the snow is up to my shins, up to Mitzi's shoulder and Morgan is almost covered. He looks so cute bounding through the snow. Here is a picture of our back yard.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  08:35:20 AM  Show Profile
That's a bunch of snow, Marie! Deep breaths will be necessary to get thru Lowell staying home today. At least he had to move the van himself.

Marilyn, ever had your loved one say, "I just want you to be happy." That puts a bit of pressure on you, too. So, while you are calmer and taller today, throw in happier, too. Such simple, idiotic, messy creatures we live with. Holly is the only sane one amongst us. But, she is raising a bunch of " those" creatures!

I will be deep breathing through the bedroom flooring renovation today. I've always used my lamaze breathing more for dh than during childbirth...

With this vegan diet,dh decided to check his blood sugar this am...109. Yikes. I'm thinking it is the rice and bananas. I am using Brown rice, so a lower glycemic index, but it has become a staple in his diet... He's losing weight, seems remarkable that his blood sugar should be that high. Between heart disease and diabetes...let's focus on heart disease. Two more days and then we are at cardiology. And some answers.

I'm sick of cooking.

Mar

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Feb 03 2016 08:36:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  08:36:03 AM  Show Profile
Wow the snow is so beautiful, and there is a surreal silence that comes with it which I love, but, boy, I'm so glad I don't have to deal with it.

Let Dude do your job for one whole day and see how calm he is.

Siri started chiming in on our pillow talks when we had our phones plugged in in our bedroom, so she is banned to a far room at night. Talk about creepy!

If I hid food, I'd forget where I put it. Actually I have.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  08:37:20 AM  Show Profile
I forget where I hide money.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic