doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  07:01:27 AM  Show Profile
Holly the live bread sounds interesting.

Today is Mar's day with her DH to get the additional testing done. Hope they get some answers soon.

Cindy, I hope today is a better day for you.

Deb, I don't put coconut oil in my coffee. It is not sweet. I have heard there is a trend toward putting butter in your coffee, but my morning cuppa is nothing I want to mess with. Pure strong coffee with cream and organic sugar is the only way I want that one delicious cup to start my day.

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 09 2016 7:20:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  07:10:07 AM  Show Profile
I get the Ezekiel Bread in the frozen food section and I think it is similar, that is made with sprouted seeds. It doesn't upset my stomach.
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  07:39:23 AM  Show Profile
So much happening here... glad to see those who are on the mend, the beautiful house renos, and the divine clothing creations. Thinking of those still needing answers and healing.

On the bread... I have taken myself off wheat... not because I have any diagnosis or read any books about the evils of wheat... but just as an experiment. The bloating and cravings stopped. I lost 29 pounds from January to August 2015, and have kept it off, even though I otherwise eat LOTS. But replacing bread-y snacks and wheaty meal carbs with other things (or doing without), has made such a difference in how I feel! I do eat the "occasional something," but not often and not much.

I am leaving for California on February 11, returning a week later. The cowboy and I are going to spend a few days at our "cabin" before I go. The cabin is only about an hour and a half from the airport. Five of us will be leaving from that airport, and one son from another, but we'll arrive in Sacramento about an hour apart.

Accommodations are still not settled, or maybe they have been and no one has told me yet. I'm still in a panic, in spite of knowing God's got this, and this WILL pass, and two weeks from today, I will be here at home, with that chapter of my life closed, no matter what transpires in the meantime.

Today, I'm working on photos... for a slide show, plus hard copy book. I'm trusting they have xh's childhood pictures and recent pictures to add. I just want this whole "adventure," as the cowboy calls it, over with.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com

Edited by - bramblerose on Feb 05 2016 07:44:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  07:56:04 AM  Show Profile
Ann -- Some adventures we could do without, couldn't we? You are a strong person. Glad the cowboy has your back.

I really love bread. Most bread. Anything bread-like. Baked, yummy, yeasty bready bread. I guess I am one of the lucky ones and it doesn't bother my tummy. I do not doubt that I would lose weight if I cut it out, though.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  08:50:36 AM  Show Profile
Sigh...bread. Been without it, like Ann, for about twelve years. It was my staple. Toast, bagels, pretzels... when I started on medicine that slows down your natural system, flour becomes your enemy. Or cork. Whichever way you'd like to look at it. It still smells divine. Now,dh is staying away from flour, so I won't smell it as often. Please enjoy something extra sweet and cinnamon-y for me, Marilyn!!!

Thank you for the good thoughts for today. So happy it's finally here.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  09:26:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm afraid bread and cheese are my nemesis as far as weight gain. I'm off cheese for now. Bread...hard to do. I hate to cook and peanut butter on toast gets me by for some meals.

Mar, I'll be thinking of you and DH and hoping the tests give you the info you need to keep him healthy.

It's cold and foggy today. The neighbors have a young dog. The poor thing spends most of its days in the backyard by herself. She is howling and whining at their back door, but no one is home. If I didn't have all these cats I would offer to babysit. People don't understand that dogs are pack animals and need other dogs or humans to hang with. Plus it's cold and I don't see a dog house.

Today is bookkeeping day. Hopefully I'll get everything done and can do some sewing.

Ann, hang in there. We will be rooting for you and be here when you get back so you can vent.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  09:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Doggie neighbor does have a dog house. Saw it through the fence.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  12:57:07 PM  Show Profile
Gotta love hospitals that send you home in an octopus-like sling and don't include instructions. I'm slowly figuring it out. Took off the pads for the cold shoulder machine today. My arm is still swollen but I just took two pain pills so not so bad. Been catching up on my sleep. After the surgery I brought an xx-large button up top as requested. Put it on at the hospital. Couldn't get a bra on. The top would only button at the top two buttons. So I had to be careful not to flash people as I left the hospital. Should have been Mardi Gras Iwould have gotten lots of beads. My mom helped me put on a bra yesterday andI am wearing a large large pullover shirt.
Ann--you are a strong woman. Regarding bread I think GMO wheat is to blame for lots of ills. I have been experimenting with other flours like coconut and garbanzo bean flour.
Bunny--maybe you should suggest to your neighbor to spend more time with the dog. It sounds very lonely.
My friend K came over yesterday to help me. Her self-esteem is so low.I told her thank you for her help and she said,"Itwas nothing." Yes it was" I told her. Please send love nad healing thoughts her way.
The weather is sunny and mild. I can only wear sweatpants cause it is hard to use one hand to get them down when you have t o pee. TMI? Oh well I am doing OK. Thank you for your freindships, you guys are the best. :)
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  2:51:05 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 09 2016 7:21:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  5:35:31 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Yes, I think there is a commercial bread called Ezekial or Essene Bread. I bought the organic red winter wheat grains yesterday. I have not sprouted seeds in decades so that is my first challenge.

Ann I have been ruminating as I am sometimes known to do. You should consider getting a hotel room for you regardless of what the children do. Then you can come and go as you please. You can attend whatever of the memorials you choose and not be bound by anyone else. I think this event will be stressful enough without having to attend to ILs that have never been welcoming. Extend the invitation to your children that they are welcome to stay with you or not. Do not feel guilty for taking care of yourself. JUst my two cents again.

DdK's appointment with the surgeon went well today. She and C have one finger of the cyst pocket to clean better but overall they received a good report. DdK is especially happy because she is allowed to drive again. She went out tonight to see her friend who made her laugh.

DsT has come home to change his underwear and shower. He works at night washing dishes and stays with his friends. He does not take a change of clothes with him and stays away for 6 or 8 days at a time. The life of an unattached young man. He has been pleasant so far today.

No new snow.

Cindy I am glad you are up and about.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  7:34:01 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 09 2016 7:21:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  8:29:38 PM  Show Profile
That is good advice whenever a person wants to be creative. Clean the decks and clear the mind.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Feb 05 2016 8:30:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  8:55:07 PM  Show Profile
You have GOT to be kidding. Put on lipstick and a clean dress? Give me a break. Bunny, ever messed something up cuz you threaded the needle after licking the white thread with a nice bright red lip?

Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  9:27:21 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 09 2016 7:22:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  02:26:31 AM  Show Profile
And THAT is why I never got married.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  07:57:03 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 06 2016 11:48:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  07:59:40 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 06 2016 11:46:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  08:34:17 AM  Show Profile
Boy if any of you saw me when I head to the sewing room...the only thing I can attest to is clean clothes at least.
That sign is of course passed around the quilting world on a regular bases. Quilters joke about doing any kind of housework or cooking. Quilting takes on a life of its own.

G, people don't realize that our brain operates on chemicals. And if there is a lack or overage...we don't function well. Just as if we were taking illegal chemicals or alcohol. I'm so glad the light finally went on for DH.
As far as marriage being worth it...I guess it is all in how you treat each other. If you are getting the acceptance you need, treated with respect, that helps. When it is all one sided it much fun and becomes not worth it.

That's pretty much the way my marriages went. Especially the second one.
I'm glad you are in counseling. Hopefully it helps.

Mar, even as an adult, if I try to wear lipstick, I look like a two year old that got into mommies makeup and smeared it on my face.

Bookkeeping all done for now. Today is a sew day. It has been so cold in the basement I'm having a hard time getting in the mode to create. I have a space heater down there but it just isn't enough. We will see how long I last today. (I hate winter.) except I like the flowers that need a good winter to bloom.
Good with the not so good.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  10:15:04 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry I have offended. I need to go away for a while and reflect. Please understand this is something I have to do. Do need to contact me. I will be back when I feel better.

Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Feb 06 2016 11:42:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  11:19:14 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 06 2016 11:34:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  11:28:14 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 06 2016 11:47:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  11:29:47 AM  Show Profile
Reading the comments about housework - really hitting a nerve today. After working all week at the shop, the very thing I wanted to do today was clean the freaking house - NOT! And if you could stomp around in your muddy boots right after I finish vacuuming, that would be great, too. I have a very bad attitude right now. I am seriously thinking of getting someone in to clean about every other week - just dust, do the floors and deep clean the bathrooms. I can keep up the laundry and we always keep the kitchen clean. At this age, I just don't feel like spending so much of my life cleaning. If I were home all the time, it would be different, but I am at work dealing with some difficult customers and dang it I am tired.

I just ran the vacuum on the main floor, and I am doing some sheets and towels in the laundry, but I think now I am going to go sit down on the couch with my knitting and watch one of my history courses. And His Dudeness will say absolutely nothing about it because he is NOT the one who puts all the pressure on me - that's my own doing. So FIE on cleaning today.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  12:18:59 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 09 2016 7:23:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  4:03:02 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, I have your attitude too! My BF took me to a 1-year-old's birthday party with all his relatives that I don't know and just left me standing there. I am so upset and that's not the word I want to use. He knows all these people (and there were lots of them, 50 or so). I was ready to leave immediately. Where his manners are, I think are lost to me.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  4:11:41 PM  Show Profile
OK so I missed all of the ruckus and now my two online dear friends are leaving? people I count on.

Marilyn, I hate housework. I made a deal with ddK a few years ago when she complained about me expecting her to help in the garden. She would deal with the inside stuff and I would deal with the outside stuff. It doesn't always happen that way but if she wants the house to be cleaned to her specifications then she needs to do it. I feel for your need to have a spic and span house on the weekends it is not an expectation I have ever had and probably never will. hugs to you to get by this. I am all for housekeepers. I had one for a couple of weeks. Someone I knew who needed the money then she got another job. C's sister in Cleveland has an Amish woman come and clean her house. The woman loves to watch the TV while she is cleaning. C's sister has one in every room.

Overcast and a light dusting of snow.

I hope Cindy that you can sleep at night. That would make the healing quicker. When I had babies I had to pull my pants up with one hand. Then I learned to go to the toilet with a front pack on and I could use two hands. That was funny.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page