Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 408

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  9:29:02 PM  Show Profile

I am trying to upload a picture I took today of the sun in my kitchen. I doubt this is gonna work.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  9:32:46 PM  Show Profile
OMG!!! It worked! The sun was so pretty today.
My living room and basil in the kitchen.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  10:02:30 PM  Show Profile
My cousin is the one who told me how to post photos on Facebook, so I have her to thank. Today was windy but nice. It rained hard several times and then passed. I put together the mini greenhouse I got back in January for half price---it is bigger than I realized. I set it up in the backyard and secured it so the wind won't blow it over. My tomatoes are almost ready to go into pots so I will put them out there during the day and bring them in at night. But not till sunday--I am going on a retreat this weekend and won't be back till Saturday evening.
Marilyn--160 updates? My computer updates automatically. It drives me nuts cause it will shut down in the middle of when I'm typing something with no warning. I have Windows 7. I don't know much about computers but I do like using them to keep in touch with the world--it can get kind of lonely in this town that is too weird for me to accurately describe. The town, that is, not the loneliness. I can handle that. Maybe the guy who wanted to try out cars was bored and wanted something to do. But he shouldn't waste your time like that. I admire that you know so much about quickbooks--heck, I don't even know what that is.
Ann--you must be one busy lady. I get stressed when I have too much to do. That's why my stress level has gone so down during the time I've been off work. I hope to go back to work next week--I think I'm ready. You wouldn't have been chosen to handle affairs unless you were quite capable. My mom can't handle certain things. She loses things in the villa and I have to find them. Things like phone bills, eating utensils, pictures that she says she doesn't know what happened to them and then she realizes the picture is hanging on the wall behind the couch. My brothers got the house all cleaned out and almost ready to be put on the market. It doesn't feel as strange as I thought it would. I haven't lived there since 1993 so it hasn't really felt like home for quite a while.
Marie--that is a lovely afghan. I know you will find someone to help you with the problem you are having with your knitting. I don't think I could do any type of needlework that involves counting--so I embroider. It's like painting. Have also been coloring in my animal-themed adult coloring books. I just bought some watercolor markers and love them.
Holly--I know cleaning stalls is a chore but it's such a relief when you're done. I've cleaned horse stalls in exchange for lessons and it always seemed the horse was happier when the stall had been cleaned. SO I am guessing you have a contented cow.
The pictures came out darker than the rooms actually were. But I love sunbeams--the sun was shining through the clouds when I drove across the bridge this evening and it looked so beautiful. There is beauty after the storm.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  06:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Good job on the pictures, Cindy! The sunshine was lovely -- thank you for sharing your home with us. Yes, the update thing can get sort of aggravating, but you can change the settings on your computer so that they don't just do them automatically. My IT guy doesn't like us to do ALL the updates, so we generally pick and choose. The lady who had this job previously thinks herself to be a genius at everything, so she had evidently set Dude's computer up to her specifications. Sigh. Another reason it took me about 8 months to get the books straightened out when I started here. I won't bore you with details (right now -- ha ha ha) but she was a really dreadful bookkeeper.

I mentioned that we found out after the new "upgrade" that only one of us can be on the system at a time, right? If I did not -- OUCH! We had no idea that was going to be part of the new deal -- Dude is very unhappy. In order for both of us to be on it at once, we would need to purchase another license ($250) and pay a second monthly fee ($150/month), and that just isn't going to fly. For now, we are just trying to work out how we can make sure we don't knock one another off the system. I am sure we will get used to it.

Had a group message from my eldest brother last night. Mother and Daddy had been over to see him. He is contacting their Council on Aging Ombudsman to help them navigate their way into assisted living as soon as possible. What a relief! Daddy is weak and tired and still not eating. Mother is overwhelmed trying to "fix" him, and I am afraid he is beyond "fixing." He is so tired and just wants them to stop the chemo. He is ready to let nature take its course and hopefully just be comfortable for whatever time he has left. It is sad for us, but the best idea for them. My brothers and I are all just relieved they finally came to this decision.

Well, I need to get on the line with IT and get my computer to speak to my impact printer -- another little "issue" with the new software. And so it goes...

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  12:51:50 PM  Show Profile
Well, ladies -- we will be leaving here in a few minutes. Heading out early because my sweetheart is taking me to see Art Garfunkel in concert tonight. I have been in love with him since I was about 14, so this will be a wonderful night for me. Never got to see Simon & Garfunkel in concert, but absolutely lived on their records. I may even buy myself a concert T-shirt if they have them.

What's your dream concert?

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  2:09:26 PM  Show Profile
Paul McCartney is coming to town in May. I really want to go to see him but . . .

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  5:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Well. if it counts I would like to see Dawn Price perform a comedic show. She was on the Vicar of Dibley on PBS. I am not sure who as a vocal performer...... Art Garfunkel has an amazing sound. I hope you and the Dude have a wonderful time. and dinner beforehand?.....

I would like to see a Broadway show.

Marilyn I am glad that your brothers are active in your parents lives. I am glad that you do not need to carry all of their responsibilities on your own. What a relief to have them move to where they can get help and not to your house.

The pictures are great. I can not get the camera to do sunshine sparkling on the snow or on the water. For having a recovering arm you sure do a lot.

It was sunny most of the day. DsC and dsG covered themselves with mud and then came into the house to show me their handiwork. Then they went to the stream to clean off most of the mud before getting into the shower. We still have ice on the pond so imagine how cold that stream water must be.

We had an oops Mama I'm sorry moment. DsR knocked a bottle of nail polish off a table onto the tile floor and then quickly tossed it into the enamel sink to get it off the floor. C brought home acetone and only the grout on the floor is the remaining telltale stain.

I have been boiling syrup all day. I am glad tomorrow is Saturday so C can take over her project again. I think we may get two gallons out of our efforts this year.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  7:14:03 PM  Show Profile
I had a few errands to run so I was outside a bit today. It was nice and sunny but the wind was cold.

I have such a sadness in my life. I will have to give up my little guy Morgan. The apartment management has found out that I have two dogs which is one more than allowed in an apartment. They do not want any more than three total dogs in the building and two other units want to adopt a dog. I do not want to give him to a stranger who I do not trust. Neither my mother or my sister can take him. I have contacted a poodle rescue to see if they will take him and find him a loving, safe home. I am pretty crushed but do not want to show I am upset in front of Morgan. This separation will be very difficult for me and my little guy. He is so devoted to me. I had hoped ours would be the last home he had. I feel so sad.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  3:50:36 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

That is very sad, Marie. I hope you can find him a good home. Do you have a Craig's list in your neighborhood?

It was gray and in the forties all day until supper time then the sun came out and the whole outside looks twenty degrees warmer even though it is not.
C boiled sap all day. One needs to attend to the sap but not stay with it. It is not tedious but one does not want the fire to go down or the evaporation will stop. Some of the sap is a little cloudy so the season will end soon for us.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  08:37:15 AM  Show Profile
So sad for you Marie. I would die if someone told me I had to get rid of my Mattie! They are children...we can't forsake our babies! You will find a good home!!

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  12:49:17 PM  Show Profile
At the shop today (Sunday) to do the sale for the truck from Brother's estate. The guy drove all the way over from New Jersey -- it's a collectible. Nice to get this little bit of business done -- I just came along to town to be the notary.

Had some very sad news from a friend yesterday. Her husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer Disease. He is maybe in his mid-70s and she is about 20 years younger. Evidently they are pretty early along in the process, but they decided to just make a blanket announcement so that all their friends and family would know. I feel so bad for her, but knowing her, she will be a wonderful advocate for him. They have just been married about 12 years, I think. Anyway, they had just in the past few months moved from the west coast (where I knew them) back to their home area in Wisconsin. I know they both wanted to be closer to family, but this has come as a big shock.

The painter has been working at the house since Friday -- he's getting so much done! Today he brought a drywall guy with him and NOW we are seeing huge progress!!! Went over to Lowe's this morning to "look at" a refrigerator and ended up buying it. It had a little bump on the back down at the bottom where it will never show, but they had to mark it down. We had been thinking about getting a new one, but this deal was too good to pass up. Dude has to run the water line back up for the ice makers (there are two of them!), so they won't deliver for a week or so.

We had a tremendous windstorm over night and on into this morning. Whew! We feel lucky that all we had was a bunch of sticks down -- so many people have lost trees, etc. Lots of thunder and lightning, too. A wild night.

I guess the guys are about done scratching, spitting and belching and ready for my notary. They are loud and excited. Silly truck! ha ha

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  4:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Marilyn I was so happy to see that you had posted on the weekend. I am glad that the brother's estate is closer to being closed. A weight lifting from the Dude's back. and yours as well.
Sorry your friend has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. There are some good drugs out there to slow the loss. I hope they work for him.

How nice for you that the house will be so clean and new. and a new refrigerator. We have just a refrigerator. We do not have a freezer on ours. We did not need one with all of the big freezers we have. You will be needing that ice maker soon with all the heat you get down there.

Today was a slow day. The fifth is big dsR's birthday but we celebrated it today. He was happy.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  07:50:16 AM  Show Profile
We (xh and I) used to have an "all fridge" refrigerator. LOVED it.

The cowboy and I are sick. I started on Wednesday, he yesterday. I thought I was better on Thursday, so I went about my normal day, went to town, etc. But by late afternoon, wham. Slept the night on the recliner trying to breathe. Friday, was nigh unto death. Still not 100% and now he has it. We have calving. It doesn't take sick days.

From yesterday... a bred heifer got stuck on the ice in the dugout (man-made watering hole), so we had to pull her out. The cowboy roped her and tied off to the bumper of the truck and I reversed slowly. Don't know how long she was in the dugout... she was weak but still feisty when we got the lasso off her. Hopefully, she's fine. And her calf, too.

Snow is gone, except in the hollows, and green grass is coming in the pastures.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  5:26:29 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I bred our cow again today. I hope she settles this time. C said last time it took 5 tries from the AI man so there is hope. When we had kept a bull she got pregnant. Bot then I do not know how many times he did his business.

I hope the cow is alright. Sorry you were so sick. There has been a lingering cough happening down east here but I have not heard of a knock down happening. Hugs to you. I hope you and the Cowboy heal soon.

We have not had snow on the ground for a while but we have no green grass either. I did see two colt's foot buds on Saturday. They are small yellow flowers that look like dandelions but the flower emerges first and then the leaves which are shaped like a hoof. Dandelions the leaves emerge first. In any case they are the first of the wild flowers to show themselves around here. The leaves are good for breathing when used as a tea or burned and the smoke inhaled. People have made cough syrup from them as well.

We did not get any of the snow predicted for the snowstorm of the season. My brother who lives a couple of hours south of us received several inches of snow.

C has decided to run for the HOuse of representatives here in Vermont from our district. The primary is in August and the vote in November. She has to collect 50 signatures. She will represent three towns. She needs to convince the voters of the two other towns that she is a good candidate. She is a selectboard member here in our town. Someone said to her the other night. I do not always like what you have to say but you are fair. Maybe that word will get around to the other voters. She is excited to try. She has a gung ho person who has volunteered to be her campaign manager. I wish her luck.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  5:39:55 PM  Show Profile
The skies have been sunny and the wind cold here. As I was outside doing errands snow was falling like a sun shower. It was pretty strange.

I had to go to the University of Minnesota to help the PERL study team get verification of my creatinine test results for the past two years. I sat at the lady's computer and accessed my internet medical records and printed them out for her. I would have done this myself but my printer isn't working. I should replace that and the modem . . . someday.

I have called three rescue places. One of them said they wouldn't take Morgan because he is too old but they would take Mitzi. She also suggested euthanizing him instead of subjecting him to a new placement. (?)(!) I didn't like that. I have to do more research on this. We have also been looking for another apartment. It is so complicated because of the community work I do. Bother!

Wow! C in the Vermont House of Representatives! How exciting. Better hide those skeletons.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  06:29:26 AM  Show Profile
So much exciting (happy and sad) news among the sisterhood! Marie -- Sending good juju your way that you will find a new home for your fur baby. Ann -- Get well soon -- can't imagine trying to do ranch work when you're down sick, but it doesn't stop, does it? Holly!!! You are going to be a political consort! Glad you got the nail polish cleaned up -- oops. I love Dawn French, too!!! I have the entire Vicar of Dibley on DVD and love to binge watch it -- one of the few BBC shows that Dude even likes. He loves when Jim Trott starts dithering "No no no no no no ...yes."

The Art Garfunkel of old is no more, I am afraid. He lost his voice completely to some vocal chord issues about 5 years ago, and has struggled to get it back. He must have his good and bad nights, and Friday was not great, but it was still wonderful to see him onstage and hear what he still has of his voice. Why were all the people at the concert so OLD, though???????

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  12:48:39 PM  Show Profile
Just had a message from my brother in Idaho. He has taken over everything from my parents and has power of attorney for them. They are relieved. He took the mailbox key away from my mother -- ha! She worries too much and doesn't understand much of anything, anyway. He is still working on getting their assisted living set up. He says Daddy is very weak and doesn't really eat much, although my SIL is making things she thinks he might like to eat. Brother thinks that Daddy is ready to just give up the chemo and die (that's what he sounds like to me, too), but is going to accompany him to his oncology appointment tomorrow and will know more then. I am glad he is there with them and is finally just taking over -- shows just how tired they both are that they are letting him do so.

I, of course, would like to curl up in a fetal position and cry for a while, but that would be problematic. So I will do what people have always done.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  3:17:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It started to snow about an hour and a half ago. The ground is covered. This is the fastest the snow has fallen all season. The weather guesser says that it snowed on this date last year as well.

I am glad that your parents are finally making choices to relieve themselves of some responsibilities that made life very hard. I bet your dad is tired. His path these last few years has not been smooth or level.

Did school work today and the usual chores.

I have the whole Vicar set too. There is not a stressful moment for me when I watch it. I really like the jokes between the Vicar and Alice at the end. I have seen whom ever plays Alice in other shows and it always takes me by surprise that she is not a ditz. Separating the actor from the part is sometimes hard.

Sorry Art Garfunkel is struggling. I did not know he had been sick.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  3:33:14 PM  Show Profile
I watched The Vicar of Dibley while I was recovering from my surgery. I loved it so much. I was so sad to see it end. I was so happy she found a really great guy at the end. The incident with her wedding dress was hilarious.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2016 :  8:59:40 PM  Show Profile
What to make of this.....hmm, on Monday I saw my dr. and was OK'd to return to work, no restrictions. (My boss had emphasized that I could only return to work with no restrictions). Today I went to occupational health and was OK'd to return to work by the dr. there. So I go to my boss with the paperwork. I told her I might have to use the grabber they got for the short girl who temporarily replaced me to use to reach items ON THE BOTTOM AND IN THE CORNERS of the deep linen carts that come from the linen company. She told me I could probably return to work Friday unless I heard otherwise. THEN late in the afternoon I get a call from the dr. at occupational health stating that "Since I told my supervisor that I couldn't reach items overhead" (I NEVER said that) then I was being restricted to not raising my right arm overhead. Then I got a call from HR, since I was RESTRICTED, I couldn't come back to work for a t least another four weeks, which will put me well past the limit of my FMLA time. Which means they are not legally obligated to hold my job for me. My supervisor, with absolutely no medical credentials, forced me to take medical leave that I did not ask for and did not need. We'll see how this plays out. I also heard a rumor...that I should keep to myself. But I am OK; I have dealt with those who abuse their power before, and I have taken them down. It just saddens me when people do things like this. People don't stop to consider that the piranha is a small fish. But it has the worst bite.
You may not hear from me much in the coming week. I will be thinking of all of you and sending positive energy. I have learned during my time off that I worked in a toxic environment--where lying, back-stabbing, and general nastiness are the norm. That's why my stress level has gone down so much during my time off. And my record shows that each time my stress level goes down for an extended period, I come back stronger than ever. My greatest strength is my weakness. I think Jesus said something about that, didn't he?
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  05:50:20 AM  Show Profile
Cindy -- Maybe this is a blessing in a very clever disguise. It sounds like your workplace made you sick, so maybe there's a better workplace out there waiting for you. It IS frustrating to have others making decisions for us, though!!!!! Maddening, I would say.

I have never seen the "Alice" actress in anything else (that I can remember), but it would be such a shock to see her not being the way she is. We just love that joke bit between them at the end of the show -- lots of the punch lines have become little inside jokes between my daughter and myself. The interrupting sheep! I especially like the one and only time the Vicar shared her joke with David Horton -- when Alice and Hugo had gotten married and left on their honeymoon -- She told the joke about the guy from McDonald's offering the Pope a million pounds if they would change the wording on The Lord's Prayer to "Give us this day our daily hamburger." The Pope said he couldn't possibly change the holy text. So the guy from McDonald's says "Okay, I will give you 50 million pounds." The Pope said he would have to check with the bishops. So the Pope goes to the bishops and says "I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is...I can get us 50 million pounds. The bad news is...we have to lose the contract with Wonder Loaf." Still makes me chuckle to hear it.

So....the outcome of my dad's doctor visit. It is so nice for ONCE to get some actual complete medical information, since my brother was finally allowed (by my parents) to accompany him to the doctor. Evidently, since his last CT scan in January, there is a whole lot of new "mass" all over both lungs. They say that it is most likely that the cancer has really ramped up and, if this is the case, there's not much more they can do for him. On the other hand, it is possible that what they are seeing is just a huge infectious process. A bronchoscopy would show them the difference, but they think that Daddy is too weak and medically fragile right now to stand the procedure, so they are going to treat him with high-dose antibiotics and steroids and do another scan next Wednesday. If the scan shows clearing, then they will know that it's an infection and work on getting that resolved. If it hasn't improved, they will know that it is, indeed, the cancer and they will make an end-stage plan for him. Daddy is okay either way. Brother is still working on getting them into a facility, which will be good whichever way the news goes.

So that's where we are -- in a holding pattern -- but that's life, isn't it?

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  10:21:32 AM  Show Profile
I would like to share a poem by Mary Oliver

I Worried

I worried a lot. Will the garden grow, will the rivers
flow in the right direction, will the earth turn
as it was taught, and if not how shall
I correct it?

Was I right, was I wrong, will I be forgiven,
can I do better?

Will I ever be able to sing, even the sparrows
can do it and I am, well,
hopeless.

Is my eyesight fading or am I just imagining it,
am I going to get rheumatism,
lockjaw, dementia?

Finally I saw that worrying had come to nothing.
And gave it up. And took my old body
and went out into the morning,
and sang.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  11:03:09 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Marilyn. I am going to go outside and sing right now!
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  3:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Thank you for the poem. Sometimes we just need to be grateful for what we are still able to do.

The only other movie I have seen Alice in was one with Julia Roberts. Julia was a big movie star and she was in England and she went into a bookstore and met Hugh __________________. Alice was one of Hugh's relatives that they movie introduced at a dinner party. Hugh and Julia ended up marrying. Now that I have given you no names of the characters in the movie nor the name of the movie you can chuckle quietly at my lack of memory.

Woke to snow but it was gone by lunch time. It is quite warm out now.

We had quiche for supper one was onion, one was bacon and one was brocolli.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  06:12:12 AM  Show Profile
Was that Notting Hill? Hugh Grant. I need to look at that again.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page