janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2018 :  3:44:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals. I know I have not been around for awhile and I am sorry. I have been really depressed and just didn't know what to do. After losing my husband, mother and brother in the space of a few years and then having the guy at work betray not only me but our supervisor after working with us over 15 years ,it has been really hard to get to feeling right again. I have a pastime job with a small company since last August and I finally am at a point where I can sleep thru at night and not wake up bawling because I remember making a mistake. I really want to be better at posting here regularly. I have unboxed my mary Jane's books and mags and hope to make this year my best Farmgirl year ever. Its going to take me a while to read and catch up with everyone but I really want to do this.
Hugs to all of you
Janiee
Farmgirl 390
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2018 :  4:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back to farmgirl life, Janie. I am so sorry that you have had so much sadness and hurt the past two years. As you read the previous posts, you'll see we are here to listen.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2018 :  4:46:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am glad to hear from you Janiee. I do hope you stay in touch. I think of you off and on and wonder how you are.

Yesterday we bought a 2013 GMC Sierra. It is a bigger truck than the Toyota Tacoma we had before. We brought hay over from the other barn and I stacked 34 bales on the bed. I fit 24 on the Tacoma bed. it also has wind down windows which I like. I wonder if I were in a flood or the truck went into a pond how would I get out with electric windows. It has never happened to me nor have I even come at all close but I do wonder. With wind down windows it is possible to get out.

Today was relatively warm outside. The snow is compacting so it is easy to walk on the top of it and not sink through.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2018 :  12:22:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Janiee! I hope this is your best farmgirl year ever as well. Sounds like you have been through a lot.
I saw three eagles yesterday while standing in my front yard. One flew directly over me. Don't often see them at my house, especially when it is so warm. Today it got up to sixty but now the temp, is dropping and it is supposed to be thirty by tonight, with possible snow. That is typical of this time of year--t shirt in the morning, winter coat at night. I got the yard partially cleaned up yesterday. Picked up a lot of dead branches and whacked some small trees and vines.
Holly--I love the old roll down windows. And it is important to know that you can get the windows down if you go into a pond. I know of a man who drowned because his windows would not work and he got caught in rising flood water.
I am going to eat at my favorite restaurant today--Olga's Kitchen. Anyone else ever heard of this chain? I love the three cheese Olga and zuchinni fries. An Olga is a Greek sandwich sort of like a gyro.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

I'll be Thelma. You be Louise.

Caught somewhere between girl on fire and girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Choosy moms choose Prozac.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2018 :  2:57:05 PM  Show Profile
Minneapolis is experiencing the worst winter storm of the season. Right now there is 6 or more inches of snow and it is coming down at a rate of 2 inches per hour. I am so glad I wore my boots today. I got a ride home from my colleague who has a truck with an extremely low gear so getting home wasn't as much of a problem as it was for others. I am hoping school will be closed tomorrow. It will be an apocalyptic scene out there.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2018 :  4:37:58 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I hope people drive carefully in you fair city, Marie. We love having snow fall so fast and so deep but we have somewhere to put it. In downtown Montpelier and the next city called Barry (spelled Barre) they do not like the snow so much because there is no where to put it. The road crew used to dump it in the river and then one day we had a massive melt and the river water backed up behind the piles and flooded the city. So, now they dump it in a field.

We had mild weather this afternoon but the weather guessers must have said the temperatures would drop significantly because all of the afterschool activities were cancelled. However, now it is sleeting outside so it must be relatively warm.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  06:10:16 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's Tuesday and I go back to work today. Yesterday was beautiful weather and very restful. I worked on my sewing machine's tension for a while, could not get it correct so switched to crochet. I earned a beginning level merit badge years ago in crochet so I have now started on the requirements for the next level. Found a gorgeous pattern on a blog - Sara's place- and started with that. It looks like a garden of flowers and isn't super difficult but it does have several moves I am not familiar with and did I mention it is really pretty?#128157;
Thanks for understanding my absence and welcoming me back.
Janiee
Farmgirl 390
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  08:19:22 AM  Show Profile
I have heard from Social Security and have been approved for benefits. Now I can relax a little. The past two years have been so stressful, with being afraid of losing my job, and then not being able to work. I am lucky because most people don't get approved the first time they apply, but I submitted 300 pages of medical and work documents to support my claim. My diagnosis is schizo-affective disorder with major depression and anxiety disorder. I have also experienced episodes of dissociative disorders. I know lots of people are afraid to talk about mental disorders, but they are like any other illness, biological in origin and not a sign of a character defect. I will most likely be on medication the rest of my life, couldn't function without it. God told me that "All will be well" but listening to God and trusting in Him are two separate things. Anyway, now there is one less thing for me to worry about, which is a huge relief. I am glad that I have a good understanding of psychology and that I have faith in God. And that God loves us.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Caught somewhere between girl on fire and girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  09:18:21 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Cindy! It is unusual for a person to be approved at the first application. I know that I felt a huge sense of relief when I got my benefits.

School was canceled for today. I learned that some kids were stranded at the school or on the road in buses. It was particularly bad in St Paul when rush hour hit and people were gathering at Xcel Stadium for a hockey game. We are now in the 2nd day of snow emergency which means the city is plowing the even sides of the streets today. I will probably be back to work tomorrow. We have Thursday and Friday off for teachers' conferences. This is a short week for me.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  11:52:42 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone! Last night we had a windy thunderstorm. It disrupted electricity and blew over the compost bin and other loose items. This morning when I went out to reassemble the compost, I saw a possum got hit in front of our house. At least he had a good final meal.
Fang & I are installing snap together vinyl planks in the basement. It's not as easy as we thought. We are still married. The fun part will be moving the pellet stove back in place.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  6:04:30 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Our school district had a two hour delay this morning. The superintendent does a robo call at 5:52 AM to tell us. It is nice they call and we do not have to watch the scroll at the bottom of the television screen or listen to the lists of schools on the radio. But, dang, it is early and I have an awful time going back to sleep.

Glad a little stress is off your plate, Cindy.

I told C about the vinyl planks and she likened it to our putting up wall paper together. We no longer have wall paper on our walls and still have no intention of trying to put more up. A painted wall is far more peaceful for us. lol

I can do basic crochet. Good luck to you Janiee I bet it will be pretty.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  09:43:55 AM  Show Profile
Janie, I remember when the kids played with my sewing machine's tension knob & broke it. I wasn't able to get it fixed right away, so I tried cross stitch. I found that I liked it, and it is my second craft choice. I've wanted to learn fancy crochet, but the county extension began classes on the night of my Dog Language class.
Cindy, I am so happy for you, and will look for postings of your felt animals.

This is how far we've gotten in 2 days. This morning we muscled the pellet stove onto the blocks & hooked up the pipe without scratching the floor. Fang is posing here, but he was sent upstairs for using too many F bombs. His pants aren't usually this low slung, either.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  12:20:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, me again. Cindy I have wanted to learn how to do,felted animals for a long time but never had the nerve. Would love to see yours! Holly I understand about the wallpaper. My house has had the same paper for decades and I tore it off and painted the walls. Now I can actually sit in the room. I am currently at work but decided that today I was taking a break. They usually discourage that but their computer system is making my head hurt and eyes go crazy. I didn't get to crochet last night. When I got home last night someone had scooped all the mud and leaves from down the street and deposited the mess at the end of my driveway and I had to bag all of it to get my car parked. Sigh. Anyway breaks over...janie Garfield 390
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  06:08:39 AM  Show Profile
Hahaha just saw the "Garfield" in my last post. Got to love spell check and I was on my old kindle. Still pretty weather here. Have been getting rid of more stuff. After throwing away almost 100 bags of trash and taking 25 or more pick up loads of stuff to donate from my mom's house after her death I am determine not to be a hoarder. My brother who was killed a couple of years ago was also a hoarder so I am working with remaining brother to get rid of his stuff as well. He had a son but the son doesn't want any of it. The day I called and told him his dad was dead, he came and took his big screen tv and a tool chest and has not come back since nor called nor returned calls. Sigh. Didn't mean to go on a soapbox.
Got to get ready for work. Hope you all have a wonderful day
Janiee
Farmgirl 390
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  07:17:29 AM  Show Profile
Janiee--are you still having problems from the flooding? Sounds like it. Sorry they put that mess at the end of your driveway. I would have called the city to come and clean it up! I have done only one felted animal so far---I had a limited amount of wool so I made a flying squirrel. He's all red. I am going to practice adding white stripes to him. Then he will look like a flying skunk!
I am still using the computers at the library. It limits my time on-line (a good thing) and it saves me money and worry. Marie--yes, I am very lucky that I got approved the first time. I know it is unusual. The stress of waiting was almost more than I could deal with so I am very glad. For the past two yeas, I have literally been feeling like my life was in danger because I was so worried about losing my job. Not a good way to feel. Now I can relax a little.
Navigating the world can be pretty scary when your brain doesn't always work the way it should.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2018 :  5:58:14 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a very lovely sunny day with temperatures rising to 25 F. The tracker on our solar panels indicates we made 45Kw of electricity today and that is the most of any day all month. We have made more electricity this month than in December.

I have not made felted animals. I bet if you put a wanted out in the Barter section someone might have some ends of wool that are sitting around.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  07:16:06 AM  Show Profile
Going to spend a nice, quiet birthday with my furbaby.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  11:38:21 AM  Show Profile
4th try to post. Doing ok. Weather is beautiful. Hope everyone is doing ok. Jamie's #390
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  2:51:44 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday Cindy!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  5:16:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Happy Birthday, Cindy. May you have several moments of joy.

I have just been reading my new issue of Herb Quarterly and there is an article about Chamomile reducing anxiety. I thought I might grow some this summer and make it available to my children to stress over change. Maybe it will help.

A so so day today as far as the weather. Yesterday, was warm so the snow and ice on the road melted. Last night it froze. C says she slid down our road sideways and it made her nervous. I called the road crew so he could sand before I took the boys to school. He came over lickety split and put a good layer of sand down. I was glad.

DsG had a basketball game tonight. They lost but came back with 12 points in the last 5 minutes and overall did very well.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2018 :  07:09:23 AM  Show Profile
Holly--I have tried ashwaganda (sic) for anxiety but I can't tell if it helps. I just found a recipe for chai tea latte--that always calms me down. Had a nice birthday, stayed inside as it was cold. Jaxon was happy.
cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2018 :  07:33:13 AM  Show Profile
Belated Happy Birthday Cindy! I hope you had a lovely day. I just recently started felting. Have made two different gnomes. It's fun, except for when you stick yourself. Those needles are extremely sharp.
The surgeon released me yesterday when I had my follow up visit. I went and worked out this morning for the first time in 6 weeks. Weight that was light back then is heavy now! So I'm pretty much starting over.
The weather warmed up a bit for a few days but is lower than normal again. At least the sun is shining.
Taking my spinning wheel to knit night this evening. Hope everyone has a great day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2018 :  2:41:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! A beautiful day here. It started with light snow, but the clouds broke up & we had sunshine in the afternoon. We went to our new dentist & I got a clean bill of health, but Fang needs a new crown and fillings.
I was working on a project for the Heart swap, then realized that it wasn't what I wanted to send off, so I found another project & have been going at it tooth and nails in order to have it ready to send on Feb 3.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2018 :  2:54:13 PM  Show Profile
The temperature is bitterly cold here. I have dressed rather stupidly with ankle socks, no long underwear and only a poncho for a coat. At least I have a hat and mittens.

The Super Bowl Festivities have started so I am going no where near the downtown.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  4:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

There was a little article in our paper with 10 people being asked what each was doing on Sunday. Each answered something relative to the Super Bowl. If they had asked me I would have said reading a good book and going to bed. Some of my family are going to watch and I hope they have a good time.

I took dsC to the orthodontist this morning. The secretary asked if it was as warm as it looked outside with the sun shining brightly. I told her the car thermometer read 19 F. It clouded over in the afternoon.

We saw the moon set this morning but no eclipse. The mountains are too high and the trees too tall to see the sun or the moon on the horizons.

A neighbor friend has been trapping mice, well, two and paying dsR a dollar each and a tip of candy from her store to take the mice out of the traps and throw them over the bank where her dogs will not get them. She is happy to have him do it and he is happy to have a job but he thinks taking the mice out of the trap is nasty.

Glad you are recovered from your gall bladder surgery.

Bummer for Fang but I guess he should be glad he still has teeth to fill. lol

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page