churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2018 :  1:52:01 PM  Show Profile
I just got home from the dentist for an emergency procedure. One of my molars abscessed and two of my teeth needed to be extracted. I feel much better now. Here is a picture of me this morning before I saw the dentist.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2018 :  3:07:46 PM  Show Profile
Poor sis! I hope you will heal quickly & Lowell takes care of you. Fang was born in Kentucky, but he moved before he lost his teeth.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2018 :  4:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Sorry for the abcess and that it heals cleanly.

I guess your town is pretty fired up right now. Quiet here. Cold too. The moon was bright last night.

I have some frozen broccoli and brussel sprouts in the garden. We have a small deer that has been coming the last few days jumping the fence and eating the frozen vegetables. We think it must be a male because the females would travel together. DdK has been feeding the deer corn. She is very possessive and excited. We have 6 or 8 deer that regularly run through the woods.

It was 10 or so degrees below zero at 8 this morning. The wind blew most of the night and subsided after dawn. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the twenties.

Cindy do you ever find eagle feathers? A friend here is Native American and wants to make some gifts for her grandchildren. She has cancer and the miracles are over. She is hoping to create these gifts and have a relative give them to the children when they are graduating high school.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2018 :  5:19:46 PM  Show Profile
It is cold here with wind chills below zero. We also got three inches of snow this morning. Visitors are really getting a taste of Minnesota. Who doesn't want to drive through a blizzard to an emergency dental appointment, huh?

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  04:52:18 AM  Show Profile

We're getting snow now.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  3:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Holly--eagle feathers, as well as other raptor feathers, are protected by law. A person can be arrested for being in possession of an eagle feather. Only Native Americans can have them, and only for ceremonies.
I have been struggling lately. Can't talk about it. Except thank God for clonazepam. It helps quell my anxiety. Which has reached epidemic proportions. I guess I am handling it well, considering.
I am having a hard time remembering things because of the anxiety. My head feels like it is on fire, not a very good way to feel.
I saw another eagle near my house recently. The lock & dam is about one mile directly west of my house and they hang around the lock & dam because the fish are stunned after going through it, and they float to the surface, making for an easy meal. Eagles are basically lazy and don't like to expend a lot of energy to catch their food. Or maybe they are just smart.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

I'll be Thelma. You be Louise.

Caught somewhere between girl on fire and girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Choosy moms choose Prozac.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  4:12:00 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I forgot about the Native only people having eagle feathers for ceremonies. I did not know if there were some floating in the river or just falling. I guess this is not molting season either.

C read online about some woman in Minnesota who is going ot collect coats and other winter paraphernalia from the visitors from the south before they return home to the warm climates figuring they will not need them anymore.

Snowed all day. We received 4 or 5 new inches. I am not staying up to watch the game. no interest.

DsR went to Fire on Ice a midwinter celebration with his mentor. He had a good time. They collect winter holiday trees and use them for a maze in the snow and then they have a big bonfire at dark with the trees. I went years ago when I had a Girl Scout troop. I am glad for the snow for this event.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  06:58:15 AM  Show Profile
Marie--how is your abscessed molar doing? I have been having a toothache (mild) for several days now. Need to see the dentist but I can't shake this darn cough and I don't want to see the dentist when I am coughing like this. Doubt that the dentist could accomplish much that way.
It is cold here. Was one degree, now it's up to seven. Brrr.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

I'll be Thelma. You be Louise.

Caught somewhere between girl on fire and girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Choosy moms choose Prozac.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  08:00:01 AM  Show Profile
I still have a lump and it is much smaller. I still hurt. I am staying home from work today. Call the dentist and see what they are willing to do. They have several ways and means.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  09:16:08 AM  Show Profile
Hope my package to you arrives today. I bet your dog & cat will be happy to have you home all day.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  4:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I sure hope you feel better soon Marie. Mouth pain is the worst.

Cindy, maybe your tooth ache is a sinus infection. I hope it gets better without intervention by the dentist.

We had the tail end of the snow this morning and then it cleared off to that beautiful winter blue sky. I think we received about 8 inches of new wet snow. The whole of outside is clean and white and sparkling.

Ran errands in the morning and did dsC's school work in the afternoon.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2018 :  06:31:47 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It started out beautiful and sunny this morning, but the clouds have rolled in now. Going to be another cold day.
We lost DH's sister's husband Sat morning. It is so very hard on all of us, he was like another brother to me. Funny, sweet, kind, even tempered, great at training animals, he was just a joy to be around. Childhood sweethearts they had been married 57 1/2 years and had the happiest, best partnership of anyone I know. He was a retired DNR conservation officer and many of them took part in the service yesterday. They had a rotating guard at the casket, formed a wall while the casket was closed, and did an honor guard march by at the end. It was an extremely emotional day, full of tears and laughter over the many great Larry stories. He was one of our and our kids' favorite people and we will miss him much.
Hope everyone is well and having a great day.

Karin
Sister 2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2018 :  5:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Sorry for the loss of your dear friend. hugs to you.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2018 :  04:56:38 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry that Your brother-in-law passed away. Prayers for your family.

This morning is much warmer, and yesterday we had about 20 turkeys descend on the corn I set out. They were unruly and fighting at times, but at last they all filed back into the woods. Fang said that now they know where we are they'll be back all the time. And what's wrong with that?

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  12:48:48 PM  Show Profile

The sun did not shine,
It was too wet to play,
So we sat in the house
And did nothing all day.
Actually I made beer bread from the King Arthur flour website. It has 4 ingredients (although I didn't have self-rising flour, I had to make that). I also used Fang's homemade pale ale, and it smells heavenly!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  5:16:47 PM  Show Profile
and it looks yummy as well, although I am not a fan of beer. bad farts nasty taste. lol

Overcast all day long. The snow has come off the roof and solar panels. The boys dug out one of the snow banks to make a fort. They spent several hours outside digging and getting tired.

I took an old wheel barrow up to the field across the pond so ddK could put her deer feed in. I recognize that the deer could find her bucket under the snow but she says no, so that is why there is a wheel barrow without a wheel up there now.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  5:02:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals. Been having computer problems. First thank you, holly for my card. I love it and it means a lot to me. Work still going although sometimes it feels like I am the whipping boy. That makes me think of you guys more and how much I appreciate each and everyone of you.
Still working on floral crochet blanket but very slowly. Older dog is starting to have problems breathing..breaks my heart at the thought of losing her after 14 years but I will not let her suffer when the time comes. She has earned that.
It was hot here today and very very windy. Did some quilt sewing today but mostly cleaned house. Will be working tomorrow.
Hope all of you have a good night and better tomorrow
Hugs
Janiee. Farmgirl 390
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  6:09:12 PM  Show Profile
Today was so warm & breezy that I washed a load and hung it on the clothesline while singing "Wonderful, Wonderful Day" from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Living in the country I can belt out any song I feel like without embarrassment, although my dogs may wonder about it. The wind was plenty strong so I added extra clothesline to keep them secure. Then Fang & I rode across the river to a recommended restaurant, but fussy Fang wasn't thrilled with his order. I ordered their burger and liked it, even the coleslaw was yummy. All along the Ohio River the river is high and has reached some houses. Rain is expected tomorrow and Thursday.
Marie, how's your tooth? Did you get the package from me?

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  05:29:50 AM  Show Profile
February is a cruel month in Minnesota. The sky is overcast and the wind blows cold. Mind and body ache from the chill so much that a person just wants to stay by the fire. I drag myself out to take the dog out and go to work. I have everything timed so that I am in the cold for only about 10 minutes. Still, the inside where I work is not always very warm at the NE facing windows. I bring my best wool cardigan to school for myself and sometimes for students. Walking can be treacherous with hidden patches of ice under dry snow and steep goat paths between banks of snow to get to the street. Sometimes I walk in the street where the footing is better.

The gum where my tooth was no longer hurts. The other side of my mouth hurts because I have sharp decayed teeth on that side cutting the inside of my cheek.

Lowell said he had a surprise for me and took me out to a restaurant he delivers to. I have realized that I have to lower the spice in my food. My tongue just aches from it.

I cannot wait for the warmth to come back.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  06:34:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marie,
That sound rough to deal with. Hope it does warm up soon. I now am concerned for my BFF. She grew up here in So. Cal and moved to Perham a few years ago. She doesn't drive and has to walk to work when she can't get a ride. I am fearful for her as she is 57 and not in the best of health but she has no other choice. :(

TW

The best way to avoid housework is to live outside! Sandra Blacksmith

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  3:02:38 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

This morning and most of the afternoon was quite lovely. The temperatures were in the high fifties and the sun was shining without a cloud in the sky. About 2 the clouds moved in and the temperature dropped twenty degrees. We are having a mini mud season. The top two or three inches of road have melted and the layer of ice underneath makes it difficult to drive. The wheels slide into the ruts and get thrown out quickly. Temperatures are to drop back down to seasonal norms in the next couple of days.

We have not been generating power from our solar panels. I looked for the levers and switches and they all said "on" So I called the company that installed them. Between the two inverter boxes hanging from the top box is a small red toggle that for some reason had gone to off. I moved it over given the right directions and bingo we started producing again. Now I know for another time. Maybe it switched off when we had so much ice. I do not know.

Sorry your mouth hurts so much, Marie.

I love the smell of hung out clothes. I bet you sounded joyous singing out loud. Good for you.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  3:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Well, we are expecting 6 inches of snow by Friday early afternoon or something like that. I hope they close the schools early. It will be snowing through the rush hour. Last time some kids in St. Paul didn't get home until 11 PM because of the large amounts of snow, cars trying to get home and all the other problems caused by lots and lots of snow. I hope this time it will be better.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  04:39:39 AM  Show Profile
The stars were amazing last night at 2 AM. I could see them without my glasses. Then with my glasses on I could see constellations and the Milky Way.

Now the clouds have moved in.

Have a good day.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  06:11:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! The weather is warming up here and bits of green are showing up. I have crocuses blooming and the tulips are coming along. I hope the really cold weather is finally gone.
Holly, thank you for your beautiful card and message. I love seeing the pictures and keep them where I can go back and look over again.
Yesterday was a nearly perfect day, sunny and 62. Five of us went on the first half of this year's Yarn Crawl. 12 yarn shops in central Indiana have this event every year. A special yarn is designed and made and each shop makes up something different with it. Yarn companies send wonderful gift baskets for prizes and each shop makes up baskets too. We visited half of the shops, traveled about 250 miles, had a great lunch, picked up lots of wonderful yarn and fiber and just had lots of fun. Next Tuesday we will do the other half.
It is supposed to rain today and housecleaning is on my to do list. Hope everyone is well and has a great day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  1:53:18 PM  Show Profile
The temperatures are above freezing and the snow is slowly melting. However plows push snow against the curb sometimes in a drift 3 feet high. To be safe, I would like to stand on the sidewalk and walk right on the bus. This is not always possible so I stand in the street. Sometimes, I will kick some snow out of the bank and stomp it down to make a nice walkway to the street. Other times, I am just too tired.

I am home sick again today. Last Sunday, I spent the whole day sleeping. I had a fever and could feel fluid gathering in my throat. I would start to wheeze, cough it all up and then turned over to try to ease the aches all over my body. In the middle of the afternoon, I felt better and ventures out into the living room where I ate a little yogurt and drank some water. I still felt fragile and was being very careful. Lowell took me out to the drug store where I bought some incontinence panties (so embarrassing) and pain killers then to the grocery store for a few things that Lowell didn't get for me when he went to the store. At home everything seemed okay except for this strange feeling of heat/pain/dizzy running up my body from my gut into my head. I would try to get to the bed or the couch. Once I tried to get Lowell to take me to the bathroom, when I woke up on the floor. He was his usual logical self asking me why I was down there. I told him this position felt pretty good. I told him I needed to get to the bathroom. As I lifted MYSELF up, I felt something filling up a pair of those special panties I was wearing. It was a good thing I was wearing them. I stumbled to the bathroom, sat and let loose. That was, well, a person can imagine. I took a shower and went to bed early making sure I was wearing a pair of those special panties. I went to work the next day and felt very weak.

Last night I got home late and grumpy because Lowell still hadn't put the light bulb in the bathroom. We hadn't had light in there since water came through the ceiling. I have had to take my showers in the dark. Water was leaking through the light fixture. NOT AGAIN! Maintenance was called, guy came out, couldn't talk to the lady upstairs, promised follow up. Today they couldn't recreate the leak neither could they get the light working. We will now be getting a new fixture. I hope a solution is found. I am going to see what kind of financial compensation I can get for this. I did not pay for an apartment with a broken bathroom.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page