Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Little boy held hostage in Alabama.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Little boy held hostage in Alabama. Next Topic  

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  6:43:43 PM  Show Profile
So how long will the FBI let this go on do you think? Why don't they send some Green Barades tumbling down into that Bunker. I am so frustrated with this situation. Why don't they let the parents of the little boy talk to the guy.? Somethings got to give here. They would have a hard time holding me back if that were one of my boys. Do you think they will do something soon? I can't sleep at night thinking about that little boy. My heart is broken for him and his family. I pray this will end soon and all will be safe. My prayers are with him.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  6:54:23 PM  Show Profile
the way the bunker is set up , the man would/could kill that child before anyone could stop him, they are hopeing that the man will release him...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  7:42:49 PM  Show Profile
But for how long will they let this go on? A month ? Or longer?

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  7:57:59 PM  Show Profile
I hope for the child, not much longer, but they are hopeing for release...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  8:00:57 PM  Show Profile
I am praying for that child.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  02:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for the entire situation.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  07:10:26 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, I hope the journalist is an undercover police officer of some kind. And I hope he is carrying his Tazer, pepper spray or something so they can take the man down. I want so badly for them to get this little boy out before any emotionally lasting effects scars this little boy for the rest of his life. I heard he has been crying for his Mother. I am praying so hard that this takes place today. I guess this is really bothering me because my brother and sister live there. My sister lives in Slocomb where the bus driver's funeral was held. And My brother lives only about 15 miles where this is taking place. I was just there a couple of weeks ago visiting with my brother and his wife. My sister told me this morning that the whole town is starting to get mad with law officials over this. They are saying they can get him out. I guess some of the local towns men is gathering up their weapons and are planning on heading that way to get the child out. My sister said it was big talk at church last night. Said the government is making a mockery out of their town. Said's this bunker is easy to access. I told her what they are showing on the news here that it did not look that easy. But she said,s it is. I told her maybe the boys parents could talk to the guy and convince him to let their child free. What would it hurt at this point. As long as they did not agitate him. I pray this will end today.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  07:18:42 AM  Show Profile
You know, I'm having trouble with how long this has been taking, too, but I really feel like the guy who took this child (and killed that wonderful man, the bus driver) has little to lose, so why would he let him go?

The problem I have, too, is how all the neighbors have been commenting on all the terrible things that he's done (killing the woman's dog with a pipe and all she did was report him to Animal Control?), and that he's been digging a hole in his back yard for a year and a half that neighbors knew about and noone made a complaint to the planning, zoning or code enforcement? Guess those neighbors aren't like my neighborhood where there are at LEAST 3 neighbors with nothing else to do but get up in your business and report folks for supposed "violations". At least with some reporting, this bunker would have been on local authorities radar and they might know more about it.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

kkillette1
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Karen
Slocomb Alabama
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  07:25:16 AM  Show Profile
I am from the area that our little guy is being held. Being a small community, we are keeping our Faith that he will be back home soon with his family. We have been having candle light and prayer. We are christians around and amost of them hard working farmers are trying to keep their faith. But we are getting a litle upset with the FBI that took over. It's up setting to lose a wonderful man that lost his life nearly a week ago to try to save the 22 children on the bus. Keeping our Faith that his life wasn't taken in vain by the FBI taking their time on saving Eaton the little boy that was taken. Prayers are needed!

May Your Day Be Blessed With Gods Blessing!Karen
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  07:32:29 AM  Show Profile
Negotiators are trained for this and it sounds to me like thay are doing a great job because the goal is to keep the guy communicating. These nutjobs need to gain trust for the negotiator and end things peacefully and it takes time. If they were to let the parents talk to him it might do nothing but piss him off and cause him to shut down. Then if he killed the little boy the parents would have to live with that for the rest of their lives. If it were my child I would show up at these churches and etc and tell these people to stay the hec out of it and let the experts handle it. Remember Waco where David Koresh incinerated everyone when law enforcement tried to move in? Janet Nepolatano regrets that decision sorely. I lived close to there at the time and there were people who thought they should go in with force too. It was a bad decision.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrittergrannysLair
www.creamofthecroptrailrides.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  07:50:17 AM  Show Profile
Wiser words were never spoken crittergranny. As hard as it seems I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Edited by - momshopsalotta on Feb 04 2013 12:46:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  09:29:20 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for that poor little boy, his family, and for the heroic bus driver who died protecting the children in his care. May his fmaily find peace, knowing he was indeed a hero.
I pray that this situation comes to a peaceful end. But I agree that we all must be patient as hard as it is.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Everyday is a beautiful day, and sometimes the weather is even nice!
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  2:39:59 PM  Show Profile
Yes breaking news Child is Safe ...Kidnapper is dead. watching it on CNN right now.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

greenpaws
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

shirley
des moines iowa
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  2:46:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank God the little boy is safe!!

Keep your hands dirty!
greenpaws
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  2:55:21 PM  Show Profile
Thank You God. They said his birthday is Wed. and he will be six years old. I can sleep tonight knowing this child is safe now.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  3:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh THANK GOD! What wonderful news. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  3:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Yes! Thank you, Jesus! And thank you to all the wonderful people who worked so diligently to free this child from this horrific, horrific situation. God bless and keep him!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  5:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Praise God the little boy is safe. You hear so many horror stories of children being abducted that end badly. So thankful he is unharmed physically and I pray he doesn't have lasting mental repercussions.

I have to say that my heart weighs heavy for the abductor too. He was a Vietnam vet and could very well have been suffering from PTSD. The articles I've read mentioned nothing of it and I'm just speculating, but it's very possible. We have no clue what he saw over there or had to do. He was so full of anger and that breaks my heart to think he carried that throughout his life. If he did have PTSD he either didn't get the help he needed or didn't take his meds. The whole thing just saddens me, but I am so very thankful the boy is home safe and sound!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  5:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Amen that this little boy is safe!
I too understand what Emily is saying- the whole situation is a sad one. Given the fact that the abducter was a Vietnam Vet, he may very well have been suffering from what he endured during the war. Very sad overall, but I am SO THANKFUL that innocent little boy has been rescued!
Praise God!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Everyday is a beautiful day, and sometimes the weather is even nice!
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  7:10:18 PM  Show Profile
So sad for the bus driver and everyone involved but at least the little fellow is safe now. The little guy has aspergers syndrome and that is hard enough to deal with. We need to keep praying for him.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrittergrannysLair
www.creamofthecroptrailrides.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  11:05:39 AM  Show Profile
Prayers be to God for the safety of that child.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  3:24:04 PM  Show Profile
Amen. Amen.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Little boy held hostage in Alabama. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page