Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Catholic Farmgirls! HABEMUS PAPAM!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Catholic Farmgirls! HABEMUS PAPAM! Next Topic  

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  11:12:26 AM  Show Profile
It's white! It's white! They should announce our new Pope in about 45 minutes! Hooray! How exciting!!!

God bless him!!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 13 2013 11:16:35 AM

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  11:40:33 AM  Show Profile
That was fast, wasn't it! I can remember is taking days.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  1:33:09 PM  Show Profile
Yeah... it was fast. And yet it seemed like for-e-ver. I think it was just about the same time frame as the election of Pope Benedict XVI, though. Pope Francis has such a sweet countenance and soft voice. I love how he asked for us to pray for him, too. Very sweet and very humble. :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  6:13:31 PM  Show Profile
I was reading about the new Pope and found he is very focused on helping the poor, less focused on doctrine. Which is how I think it should be. I think he'll be good for the Church and the world.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  6:19:53 PM  Show Profile
I was really hoping for the Canadian, so as to unite the continents a bit more. America has really struggled with the lack of tranparency from the vatican for many years. My husband comes from a very Irish Catholic family and has many priests in the family who are deemed "too progressive" by Vatican standards. We will all get together for the family luncheon on Sunday and It will be interesting to hear what they know and think. Personally, I am grateful that the church might be able to pursue a path to healing. It is time.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

chickensforme
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Anne
Coopersburg Pa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  7:01:30 PM  Show Profile
Our new Pope was in contention when the last Pope was picked. He was the 2nd one they were voting for when Pope Benedict was made Pope. Even back then there were talking about his humility and his passion for the poor. I hope he can take us forward.

Anne

" A dog's tail never lies "
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  11:51:32 AM  Show Profile
I would just like to say, tho not of Catholic faith, I just love this new Pope. He is a kind and humble man with a vision I feel has long been needed within all faiths!

Blessings,
Linda

http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Country at Heart
'For I know the plans I have for you......'
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  3:48:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm a Catholic convert who has since left the church, but I absolutely love Pope Francis as well. He's just inspiring and the things he says are so truthful, yet he has people on both sides of the political aisle all twitterpated over his thoughts. I look forward to his comments and I think he's going to continue to shake things up.

Farmgirl Sister #5159
My blog: http://14thandoak.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  3:00:20 PM  Show Profile
He is sweet... He sure does seem to have the heart of Jesus, doesn't he? That's the best we can ask for of any leader, for sure! :) I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about him, but I truly do appreciate the unexpected in him. The one thing I feel is so important is that we look beyond what the mainstream media and various interest groups say and are superficially interpreting from his words, and instead reflect deeply upon the profound nature of his messages. Is he saying and doing what Jesus would do? I believe if people care enough to look deeper into what he is saying in the light of The Word and the Magisterium, the answer to that question is a resounding "Yes!" and "Amen!" His message of God's love and truth is profound! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  3:50:01 PM  Show Profile
He is a truly humble and pious man, but unafraid to stand against the evils of the world. I'm very pleased to have him as Pope. I feel that his arrival is badly needed right now and that the world needs to heed his words.

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
-Eleanor Roosevelt

She with the most chickens wins

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Catholic Farmgirls! HABEMUS PAPAM! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: