Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Nifty Thrifty
 How did you save money this week?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic How did you save money this week? Next Topic
Page: of 31

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  08:47:10 AM  Show Profile
Nini, thank you for the links. How did your pumpkin come out? I wonder if you could do the same with sweet potatoes to add to muffins, pancakes, etc.

This week:

~My mom goes to the senior center for lunch and one of the local grocery stores gives the center items that are close or closely past the expiration date. So, mom stocked up on yogurt for Michael and the older ones for the pigs :)
~Made homemade breads and soups.
~Saved healthy produce scraps for the pigs :)
~Decided to go to the Dollar store before Wal-Mart to pick up some supplies for our Children's Valentine Making party at church. I found much of the same supplies for at least half price :)
~My honey fixed our washing machine. Yay!
~I have been working on organizing more. The more organized I am the more money we save :) Don't ask me how many hole punches I have !

How have you girls saved money this week? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Feb 08 2014 11:46:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  10:02:10 AM  Show Profile
You're welcome, Sharon!

Well.... As a matter of fact... I took pictures! :)

I oven-steamed up two medium-sized and one small pumpkin, let them sit in the fridge overnight, removed the liquid and froze that for rehydrating and the rest is history:

This is only one of the medium-sized pumpkins and part of the small one.

All of that pumpkin dehydrated to a little over a cup and one-half of pumpkin powder... or, rather, pumpkin "dust," as our friend Todd teases me. He said he can't wait to be invited over for coffee and pumpkin dust pie! LOL! MEN!!!

From what I read, all I will need is 1/2 cup of powder to 2 cups boiling water. Once rehydrated, I'll have pureed pumpkin for pie or muffins or... well, you get the idea! It's really a space-saver... In the freezer, the pumpkin would've filled two or three gallon-sized bags; but as you can see in the picture, it barely took up half of a quart jar! Pretty cool! I still have a HUGE pumpkin left to dehydrate from last summer, as well as a big squash... Hoping to get to them this week! Pretty neat stuff!

So, I ended up making 5 quarts of turkey soup last week, as well as 41 pints of canned chicken and 7 quarts of dog food from the chicken "scraps." To be honest, I probably could've made a really nice chicken soup for us out of the scraps, but our dear old girl is just so sweet that I had to make this for her instead. :)

I also got two HUGE bags of frozen mixed veggies on sale at Costco last weekend (unadvertised special, I think), and dehydrated them down to fit into two quart jars. AND I dehydrated four large onions down to a pint jar (my goodness, that was such a strong aroma!). Next I'm going to try dehydrating potatoes... We always save on the mondo huge bag of them, but they always seem to go bad before we can eat them all. I hate that - the whole point is to SAVE money by buying in bulk! Ergo...we're going to give the dehydration a whirl. Wish me luck!

We're also still sticking to using only what we have on hand... The chicken was a pre-purchase made months ago. We had run out of potatoes and onions, but I bought in bulk to save, and the veggies were just too good a deal to give up. I'm so excited - our grocery bill has been ridiculously low so far this year. From this point on, if I only by what we need or pick up really good deals in bulk, we're going to be golden. Keeping my fingers crossed and thanking God for all this blessing, that's for sure!

Sharon! My hubby is fixing our dryer as I type! Isn't that funny. Too bad we aren't neighbors - we could share our working appliances and save! :)

Question: What's the best way to remove rings from my canning jars? They are stuck on after being processed yesterday. I really need to get them off in order to wash the jars for storage. Plus, I think we'd eventually like to eat what's inside. These suckers won't budge!! HELP!

Have a great weekend, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  10:10:10 AM  Show Profile
Nini,

Run warm water over the lids. They should come off easily.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  10:21:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marie - I will definitely try that right now. I don't know what I did! I was very careful to not screw the bands on too tight before processing! WOW! It's like they're super-glued! I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  12:09:02 PM  Show Profile
Marie - thanks so much again! That worked quite well for several of the jars, but some were still sticklers. I remembered that I have one of those handy dandy squeeze jar openers, so after warming the bands under water, I used that to remove several more. Unfortunately, I've got six that are just not budging. I'm soaking them in really hot water and hoping that will do the trick. If not, when my husband's done with the dryer, I'll see if he can remove them. :)

Another question: Several of the bands discolored during processing. They're not rusted, they just turned a blackish color. Are they still okay to use, or should I plan on using them for a craft project? Thanks so much!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  1:42:35 PM  Show Profile
Your pumpkin looks great Nini :) When your neighbor comes over for Pumpkin Pie you can tell him "Eat my dust!" hehehe
I;m not sure about the rings turning color, the only thing I have found at times was rust so I tossed them. I usually have my honey open the jars for for me :)

I hope you get your dryer fixed soon. We are blessed having honeys that can do these things aren't we? :)

Oh, our Wal-Mart has mini-Christmas lights on clearance for 10 cents a box. We spent a whopping 40 cents. I love having little white lights around my windows,etc.

I borrowed more books from the library. One on Charcuterie:The Art of Salting, Smoking and Curing, The Homemade Pantry and then one called 1,000 years over a Hot Stove :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2857 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2857 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  1:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Nini!
I LOVE the way your pumpkin turned out!
What kind of dehydrator do you have?
We have a couple that are sub par, at best.
Dang Sharon, I thought I did good getting white lights at $1.00 a box. Way to put me to shame.. LOL

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  2:25:50 PM  Show Profile
LOL! That's funny, Sharon! I'm going to have to remember that one! ;) And yes, having a personal Mr. Fix-It, really is a blessing. :)

Lisa - it's an Excalibur 9-tray. I absolutely LOVE it. Our son was telling one of the guys at work about it last summer, but he wasn't impressed. He said, "Awwww, that's cute," and then proceeded to tell him about HIS dehydrator, which apparently is the size of a refrigerator. They hunt for all their meat and have a HUGE garden, so they needed something much larger than my "puny" one. I would LOVE to see his in action, wouldn't you??? Anyhow, the pumpkin in the jar smells as fresh as when I first cooked it - yum! And the great thing is, it loses very few nutrients when dehydrated, as opposed to freezing or canned pumpkin, both of which loses a lot. I think dehydrated foods lose a maximum of 5% of their nutrients. That's amazing!!!

Great deal on those Christmas lights... We've had so much snow, I haven't ventured out very much...Maybe I'll see if we can swing by tonight before the new falling snow hits! :)

The rings on those last six jars simply won't budge... I can't get over it! Maybe I'll give them as gifts at Christmas to some of my in-law's - LOL! JUST KIDDING! My hubby thinks he has a tool at work that might pry them free without damaging the glass jars... We'll see! :)

I just have to share with all of you, too... My Mom sent me a pair of Ove Gloves for my birthday... They are AWESOME!!! My Mommy rocks! Now my food may burn, but my hands sure won't! LOL!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 08 2014 2:28:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  2:37:44 PM  Show Profile
Nini Love the pumpkin dust!! That's amazing!
I called my cell phone carrier to discontinue an extra line that is no longer being used, and ended up with my bill cut in half! Which is significant savings for me, more money I can put towards something else...hopefully a bill rather than fabric or yarn ;)
Denise
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  3:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Denise,
I can't wait until our contract is done in August so we can reduce lines. Good for you!

Lisa,
We have an LEM dehydrator, it is 10 trays with a timer and thermometer. I got it for $167.00 including free shipping through Amazon about a year and a half ago. I love it.

Nini, you crack me up girl!!! That is so funny :) I hope that your honey's tool can get the jars open. Let me guess he is thinking the wrench you use to remove the oil filter? :)

Let's see, this week I could kick myself because last week someone was set up in a parking lot selling 40# bags of Russet Potatoes for only $10.00. I didn't get them and now I wish I did. I have my money in pocket in case I see them again. I researched freezing oven fries so that will be where most of them will go as well as sharing. I hope I have opportunity again.

~I went thrifting and found a book on Hummingbird Gardening for 25 cents. I love how the feeders look and Michael bought me a couple of really nice ones, but I cannot keep up with the wasps and ants, not to mention being totally grossed out when cleaning them and finding earwigs! Eeeewww! So the plan is to grow plants that will attract the Hummingbirds.
~I also found a nice sweater for $1.00, a Hot Air Popper for $1.00, and some jelly roll pans for 25 cents each. They weren't in the best of shape but my husband has been using my good ones for letting his soap cure, now he can have his own :)
~I purchased a 20# bag of Germ-Aide Cereal. It is better than Cream of Wheat and all natural from our local milling company. It ended up costing me $13.00 which is such a killer deal. I have some in a container in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. This and the flour I buy from them all come in flour sacks which I reuse for crafting, to slip my non-stick pans in to protect and for other things. They sure are cute!
~I had some Rosewater that was about half way full in the spray bottle so I added distilled water to it to stretch it. I like to spritz my face with that after washing.

Here is a blog I may have posted before but she has a new post on saving money and some great tips :)

http://theprudenthomemakerblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/cutting-expenses-when-you-think-you.html

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  04:19:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Denise! Fun AND practical - I just love it! :) I've got one more pumpkin to go, too. I'm really looking forward to trying it! I'll keep you posted! :)

I love that you use Rosewater in that way, Sharon! Just love that!!!

I've been wondering how Germ-Aide is... I'm definitely going to have to try it now! Thank you for sharing! I just love Cream of Wheat - it's one of my favorite winter comfort foods!

I'm with you - earwigs - Ewww!!!

I wish I could tell you what the tool was he planned to use, but whatever it was, he had left it at the job over the weekend. I et you're right, though! :)

What a neat blog - she has so many great ideas! Thank you for sharing!!!

Thankfully, one of my son's friends was here this weekend for a sleepover. He's a much younger, much more handsome version of Hagrid - very tall, very strong, very sweet. I asked him if he would give it a whirl, and he just chuckled. Swoop, woosh! One quick turn, and each ring came loose as if they had been seated with butter. It was the most incredible thing - this kid's amazing! I made sure he had extra pancakes on his plate Sunday morning, I assure you! ;)

Happy day, girls!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 12 2014 04:21:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  07:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Nini,
The Germ-Aide Sharon mentioned is milled in our local flour mill . . . Cortez Milling in Cortez, CO. It is REALLY GOOD!!! Also very inexpensive. You may not have the same product in your store, unless it is shipped to you from here.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  09:17:24 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, CJ! I just checked, but their website seems to still be in the development stage? Hopefully we will be able to order from them in the future... I wonder if I could call???

Have a great day!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2857 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2857 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  3:31:23 PM  Show Profile
Sharon
I am loving the Prudent Homemaker website. Lots of good info, and recipes there. Thanks!!!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  5:02:00 PM  Show Profile
Me, too... I am very happy to say I do a lot of what she recommends already! WOW! I never realized all the things I do to save! Cool!

I was really surprised at the price differences between the different regions, as well. We noticed that immediately when we relocated from RI to PA - BIG adjustment to our diets, truly!

And I am almost ashamed to admit that we eat very little rice and rarely touch beans (other than canned refried beans and kidneys in chili). I would really like to learn how to do more of that. My hubby has, ahem, "issues" with beans, so I have always avoided them - if for no other reason than to simply be able to breathe at night! (Bean-o doesn't stand a chance against his digestive tract, either!) I sure would like to start incorporating more of them, though. That bean burger looks fabulous!

And you know what else? I have a big jar of quinoa in my cupboard, and have no idea how to use it. I made a chicken recipe by MaryJane once, and loved it, but other than that, I have NO idea what to do with it!

Okay girls - please "enlighten me" with your bean and quinoa suggestions! I need help!!!

Thank you!!!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  6:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Lisa and Nini,

I am glad that you are gleaning from that blog. Nini, I was happy to see that I also did alot of the things she suggested.

Here is a recipe using Black Beans. It is really very tasty :)

Black Bean Torte

3 cups cooked black beans
¼ cup chicken stock
1 Tablespoon oil
2 cups finely chopped red onion
2 red bell peppers, julienned
2 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup corn kernels
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
6 flour tortillas
2 cups salsa
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese

Puree beans and chicken broth in a food processor or blender. Set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, and when hot, add red onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and garlic. Sauté vegetables, stirring, until soft, about ten minutes. Add corn, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt; cook another two or three minutes.

Lightly oil an eight-inch spring form pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place one flour tortilla in bottom of spring form pan. Spread ½ cup of the bean puree over tortilla; top with one cup of the sautéed vegetable mixture; spoon 1/3-cup salsa over the vegetables; sprinkle 1/3-cup cheese over salsa. Repeat with remaining ingredients ending with cheese.

Bake for 45 minutes; let stand five minutes before cutting into wedges. Garnish each wedge with a dollop of sour cream and chopped chives or scallions. Serves ten to twelve.

I'm afraid I have only tried Quinoa once as a side dish but would love to find recipes to use it in :)

Nini, did you get my e-mail?

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon

Edited by - Calicogirl on Feb 12 2014 6:44:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  7:44:16 PM  Show Profile
Here is a quinoa recipe I like.

Quinoa Salad With Pesto, Radishes and Peas

5 radishes
1 1/2 cups pea pods
1 cup quinoa
1 1/2 cups water or veggie broth
1 large bunch basil
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup Parmesan
Olive oil
Garlic, minced

Cook quinoa like this: Mix quinoa and water or broth in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for seven minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside.

Remove greens from radishes, chop the roots off and slice thinly. Remove the peas from the pods and set aside.

Make he pesto by chopping up the basil in batches. Some of it will be more finely cut than the rest. Once all of it is somewhat chopped, add half of the cashews and chop for a minute or two. It will not be as fine as store-bought pesto, but that's the point.

Add the rest of the cashews and half of the cheese and chop for a few more minutes. Add the garlic and the rest of the cheese and chop all until it is to our liking.

Put the pesto in a bowl and pat it into a ball of sorts. Pour the olive oil over it. If you have time, let it sit in the fridge overnight so the olive oil slowly absorbs into the mixture. If you don't have time, mix it all together. This will make extra pesto to freeze. Spoon pesto into an ice cube tray. It will keep for up to six months in the freezer.

Mix the cooked quinoa, 1/4 cup pesto, shucked peas and sliced radishes together in a dowl. Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to eat.

Vegetarian - Serves 4 - 6.

This is really good in the summer when I usually want something substantial but not necessarily cooked up hot.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2857 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2857 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  06:10:09 AM  Show Profile
Wow Marie, that sounds delicious!

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  11:42:24 AM  Show Profile
Every Wednesday, I buy dinner at an oriental restaurant near to a store where I go to play games. I get the hot and spicy soup which costs only $2.10 per pint. It is good soup and I get it in this really durable plastic container.

It has a tight-fitting lid so it is good for liquids. The one pint size fits nicely in the fridge or the cupboard.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  1:59:41 PM  Show Profile
nini-i have only read down to page 1 of this thread so maybe i'm missing it but I would love your spinach (calzone) recipe.....

please please please!
hugs, margo

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  02:43:11 AM  Show Profile
Mmmm.... Those recipes DO sound yummy! Thank you, girls!

Sharon - I didn't get to my email yesterday - long day! I'll get back to you soon! :)

Margo - It's super easy... For the dough, I use a no-knead Artisan bread recipe - do you have one? If not, I'll give you that, too... Just let me know, and then I'll post it all together! :)

Last night I made "cheese danish" for my guys for Valentine's breakfast this morning - oh my gosh, so hard to resist! I used crescent rolls from a can (my foster daughter and I got a killer deal on them back in December - time to use them up!). They weren't as good as a sweet dough, but they still worked pretty well! Basically, I mixed 2 parts cream cheese to 1/2 part sour cream, added sugar to taste, then mixed in a teaspoon of vanilla and a quarter teaspoon of almond extract for the filling (yup - no eggs!). Then I took two crescent roll "wedges" and put the fat ends of the triangles together opposite each other in order to form a partial flat pinwheel (fat square area in the middle, long pointy ends sticking out on either side), and patted the dough to seal the seam. I added a big spoonful of filling, and then a little extra (since I had so much filling), then wrapped the pointy ends around the dough clockwise, tucking the points underneath, creating kind of a "bowl" out of the dough. When all of the "danish" were finished, I just divided any extra filling between them. I baked at 350 degrees until the dough was golden brown and the filling didn't move when the pan was shaken - I can't remember how long, but I think it was about 30 - 40 minutes. Normally when I make these, I dust the top with powdered sugar, but I hadn't done so when I took the pic. (Wish I had thought to take pics of each step, too - sorry!)

I had made about a dozen, but as you can see - they go quickly! :)

You can also do the same thing to make any other type of mock danish you may like using cherry filling, lemon curd, strawberry jam, chocolate and nuts, etc. The guys just love them! :)

Happy Valentine's Day, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 14 2014 02:56:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  1:43:02 PM  Show Profile
If any of you use Wilton plastic disposable frosting bags, just wash and reuse. I know they're quite expensive. I bought a basic Wilton kit on eBay that came with the bags.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  4:25:22 PM  Show Profile
I shopped my local thrift store last Monday coz it was senior day .. 10 % discount....but forgot to ask for my discount....so dumb. Anyway I purchased 2 plastic storage bins. The ones that don't have a front used for kids toys.....I am repurposing them into the chicken coop for laying beds. I added the hay and supported the front so the bins don't tip over and the girls love them. One is blue and one is red....I think I will be painting the walls as off white so it will have a patriotic theme.

Today is Saturday and when I dropped in to find more bins there were none......but I found 2 different sets of small lamp shades for .59 cents per shade. Brand new and no blemishes. Also the bins cost .59 cents. I like a bargain!!!

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  12:35:34 PM  Show Profile
It's that time of year to negotiate with centurylink. I was paying 89 for phone/internet. Told them cable company had better deal, it was cheaper, faster ect. So with the saying " what can you do better"? I got free long distance, faster internet speed for $60 a month. That's $20 plus savings a month. No contract either.

Support your local organic farmer.www.localharvest.org
Have you hugged your cat today?
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2014 :  6:36:30 PM  Show Profile
Tara, good for you, I need to call centurylink and negotiate.
I have to admit I spent a bunch of money on a dress for my daughters wedding, I did have the money budgeted for this but there is some buyers remorse.... I have been really good about bringing my lunch to work and not eating out, so there is some balance, I think :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic How did you save money this week? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page