Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~ Next Topic
Page: of 10

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  7:19:06 PM  Show Profile
Well, it got down to about 35-36 degrees last night. The mountains have snow on them! I heard the furnace kick in early in the morning. It looks like my honey and I will have to get a move on with firewood :)

Connie, that Spiced Cider sounds so good! And I love Susan Branch. Do you have her Autumn book?

Cheryl, never too late for Autumn :) Thanks for sharing the Pumpkin Cookie recipe, I am gaining weight just reading these recipes and looking at the pictures girls :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

Edited by - Calicogirl on Sep 23 2013 7:28:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  05:41:44 AM  Show Profile

Sharon,

Thanks for inviting us over to enjoy Autumn with everyone...I didn't know this was on here...so happy to find it...

Temperature is in the mid 50's here in Kentucky this morning...the leaves are changing and there is a little fog in the distance with a few clouds gathering as we are expecting rain later today...but clearing out tonight for the next several days...it is definitely a beautiful beginning the to the wonderful Fall season...getting my hot coffee ready and have my polka dot footies on this morning:):):)

I love to read what everyone is doing and love love love the pictures...Connie(Killarney)you always post the most breathtaking pictures!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9268 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9268 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  06:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful fall morning here! Thanks for sharing the link to Twinings Sharon, love those teas.
Just love the sun glistening on the dewy grass. We have two huge spiderwebs outside on two of our windows in the family room. I don't like spiders but the webs are really quite amazing! :)

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  10:16:41 AM  Show Profile

Denise,

It always amazes me how the spider webs can be so perfect...I don't like spider either but they sure know how to put some fascinating work together:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  08:15:11 AM  Show Profile
I have a fun fall plant to share that is not the typical orange, yellow or red but VIVID purple. To me, it is so purple it looks fake. Sorry Mother Nature - I don't mean that as an insult!

In an attempt to actually have things grow in my shaded, Virginia-clay-filled tiny back yard, I went with native plants. My research took me to this stunner - a beautyberry bush. I need to enjoy it before the birds pick it clean.

Happy fall!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3020 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3020 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  11:24:57 AM  Show Profile
Cindy,
It's beautiful!!! Purple is my favorite color. I've never seen anything like it. I might have to look into getting one when we finally find a new farm and get moved. Thanks so much for posting a picture.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  06:26:47 AM  Show Profile
The first week of fall gave us the dreaded......snowstorm. 3' inches in the mountains and not sticking to the roads here. heaters going in the greenhouse and we still have tomatoes, lettuce and spinach. This weekend I plan to dig the beets and make pickled beets. Yum!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  10:22:07 AM  Show Profile
Good day ladies

I have to say Denise, I think spiderwebs are so beautiful! I used to be so afraid of spiders but living out here in the country I am used to them.

Judy, I bet it is so beautiful in Kentucky right now. Are the leaves turning color now?

Cindy, I just love Beautyberries! I would love to grow some here but I don't think they fare well for zone 5b.

Sherone, oh my goodness! After our rains last week we saw snow on the mountains here too. The daytime temps here are anywhere from 55-74 degrees during the day and the nights have been at lows of 39-46. My kind of weather :)

I am thankful that most of my garden is done with the exception of cole crops and some green tomatoes that I will try making into salsa for my honey :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4951 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4951 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  3:47:33 PM  Show Profile
Cindy! beautiful, Sharon I don' t have that book I want it! is it hard to find?

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4951 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4951 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  3:48:13 PM  Show Profile
I want that screen door!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  09:38:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Hi girls! I'm back! SORT of... The flu has really kicked me in the pants. My son and I are both still recuperating, but I am very happy to report that we've survived. Eghads, NASTY! Every day it has been a new symptom, and as soon as either of us started feeling better, it seemed to start all over again. Today is the first day I actually can move around without feeling faint. It's a wonderful feeling, indeed! :) Sad to say, my husband started with the incessant coughing through the night last night, so I'm afraid this isn't quite over yet, but at least my son and I have come through the worst of it. What a way to start fall! Ugh!!!

Thank you SO much for getting this under way. I love all the pictures, recipes, insights and sharing... You all are the best! What would autumn be without my farmgirl sisters?!

I'll be back as soon as I can with my autumn welcome. I just want to let you know I haven't forgotten, I am loving what you've all shared, and I'll "see" you all soon!

Hugs and love - and HEALTH -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9268 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9268 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  10:58:01 AM  Show Profile
Nini~ Hope you are soon back up and around! Prayers for you.

I took some photos of my hutch and a small occasional table that I have decorated for the season. I didn't do to much this year. I did put up my wreaths but didn't get any photos of them.

I am hoping to downsize my Christmas things a bit this year.
Thinking I like the idea of decorating the hutch for the seasons. It was my mom's and came to live with us last year when she passed.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 27 2013 11:05:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4951 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4951 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  4:11:14 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, wow! it is hot and humid here! 90 today! YIKES! NINI so glad your on the mend! that stuff is going around down here too! Love your Hutch Denise! Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  4:29:52 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I have been praying for you and Sam and will add Charlie to my list too. I am so sorry that this flu has hit you and hit you hard. Please take care of yourself!

Denise, thank you for posting the lovely pictures! I love how you decorate :) How special that the hutch was your mom's. I think it is a perfect idea to decorate it for each season.

Connie, well, there is a freeze warning tonight! I need to cover my cole crops and I picked my green tomatoes and the rest of the jalapenos today. Need to cover the pumpkins too! I hope this get chilly for you soon!

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  4:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Nini, so glad to hear that you are feeling better. What a week!! We had a cooler front pass through today and it is drier and a bit breezy. Supposed to go down to mid 60s tonight which will be a a welcomed relief if it really happens. I am hoping for a change!!

I got a pumpkin today at the market and plan to decorate the front door and porch tomorrow. Will post a photo to share.

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  6:18:51 PM  Show Profile

Denise,

Your decorations are beautiful...it has been pretty warm during the day here in Kentucky...but the nights are really cool with a lot of fog...I have my decorating mostly done inside...but need to do a little more outside...I so love the beautiful vibrant colors of Fall...Nini so glad to hear you guys are on the mend...there is some type of bug going around here too...Connie...speaking of Fall you will have your Fall Into Color...swap partner by Sunday:)and Sharon...I heard Wyoming had snow today...we are all loving Fall but Winter will be here before we know it...Winnie I am sure you are ready for some cooler weather....hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2013 :  08:58:27 AM  Show Profile
You will have to post pics of your outside Judy!

We got a frost last night. I am so glad I picked our green tomatoes and the rest of the peppers. I picked our pumpkins several days ago and covered them up last night. It looks like I will be working on pumpkin really soon!

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4951 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4951 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2013 :  2:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Wow!! I wanna frost!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2013 :  4:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Me too! Connie, those of us in the South have awhile to go before there is any front. Especially me!! Usually we are in the countdown to Christmas before there is even a possibility of frost. Right now, I would settle for 55 degrees! Sharon, glad you got the last of the garden harvested and safe. Mmmmm, pumpkins have so many yummy possibilities, not to mention they are so adorable with faces and candles inside!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4951 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4951 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  7:03:38 PM  Show Profile
awwwwwwwww I love this!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  05:24:28 AM  Show Profile

Connie,

This is beautiful...you post the most wonderful pictures...

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  12:04:45 PM  Show Profile
Ohh, Connie, I LOVE this too!!! I want to be sitting in one of those chairs out front with a sweater on!!!!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9268 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9268 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  12:15:38 PM  Show Profile
I want to be sitting there with you Winnie! With a hot cup of apple cider. Mmm.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  3:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Connie, you find the best pictures!!! I think we should have a Farmgirl Gathering right there at that cabin. We could craft and do some canning and eating all kinds of yummy foods while in our cozy jammies :) I was looking at Amazon for that book and was shocked at the prices. I guess it is hard to find (reasonably anyway). I will keep my eye out.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9268 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9268 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  3:37:24 PM  Show Profile
What book is that Sharon?

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Gathered Up: Previous Topic ~*~Celebrating Fall: A Virtual Gathering!~*~ Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page