Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Could use some good thoughts and prayers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Could use some good thoughts and prayers Next Topic  

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  07:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I know I am very blessed, but there has been so many things not going well it is hard to stay positive, my beloved dog Isis is getting so close to the time I have to have her put down which I can't even think about yet but I know it is for the best for her, my washer just died yesterday, and my boss talked to my co-workers and myself like I have never been talked to in almost 10 years, so I could use some good thoughts and prayers please, and I will pick up my pieces and go on but I feel so sad and defeated right now. Roxanna

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  08:06:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh Roxanna. This does sound like a difficult time. Let's take them one at a time.

Your beloved dog will let you know when her time has come and she will pass gently with you by her side looking into her eyes. I have had two dogs and one cat which I have had to do this with. I also have helped other pet owners with final moments. If you can, have someone else handle the paperwork while you focus on the grief.

Your washer can be fixed and you can get this done.

Your boss may be having problems of his/her own and is taking it out on his subordinates. If it is appropriate, send him/her a Christmas card with good wishes and a Hershey's kiss anonymously. It might make their day.

Now, take care of yourself. Do something good for you. Spend time with your dog. Take a luxurious bath. Get your hair or nails done. Go out to eat. Do something that you've never done before. Whatever it is, enjoy it fully and revel in the good feelings.

I'm just about to get into that luxurious bath myself because DH was rushed and snarly at me and I know it is not my fault but . . . You get the idea.

Let us know how everything works out.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  08:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for your kind words Marie, I am going to look for new washer today. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  10:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Roxanna! Sending lots of love, farmgirl hugs and prayers your way. I completely identify, sister. It WILL get better - trials like this do not last forever. It's like we're coal under intense pressure going through a hot furnace... When we come out on the other side, we'll be sparkling like diamonds! And Marie has some wonderful words of wisdom for BOTH of us - aren't we lucky to have such wonderful farmgirl sisters!!! You absolutely ROCK, Marie! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 19 2013 10:42:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  3:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Roxanna, know that it will get better my sister just had to say good bye to her dog of many years. and i have lost many friends over the years. it never getrs easier, i remind myslef of the Rainbow Bridge, they will be there waiting for you.
Maria is absolutely right take care of you, and remember this to shall pass.
sooner or later.
good thoughts for you as you work your way through these times.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  2:59:57 PM  Show Profile
Roxana, your life sounds like mine has been for the last few years. We just can't seem to catch a break. I won't tell you my woes, but let me share some of the things I've learned. First, God has taught/is teaching me that I am not in control. I think He deliberately allowed a landside in my life to let me know that He is in control. I have learned to be truly thankful for it all the good and the bad. I am now starting to look for God at work in my life. Let me give you one example of something positive happening. After a long series of events, on November 25 on of my students drove into me at an intersection causing series damage to my car. The day before I was to pick it up from repair, I received a check in the mail for $400 for something totally unrelated. That was just shy of the $500 I needed for the deductible. My advise to you is keep looking up. Be thankful. God is in control. He really is and loves us no matter how we feel.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  4:10:59 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you and sending lots of (((hugs))).
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  07:55:31 AM  Show Profile
I hope things are looking brighter for you, Roxanna. It is very difficult to know you won't have your dog with you much longer and to be on the receiving end of someone's bad day. Hope your new washer is in place and doing a great job for you!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  9:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much farmgirl sisters, yes the washer is in place, not sure how it works yet, I just got home from work. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Could use some good thoughts and prayers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page