Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My Sweet Beagle Next Topic  

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  4:48:08 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been on the forums lately. My darling baby girl passed away a month ago. She was almost 14 years old, but it still hurts. She came through a serious illness in 2008 and God gave me almost five more happy, wonderful years with her, but she became ill just a week before with back problems, had a heart murmur, and possibly some other undetected things. Thankfully, I didn't have to make that hard decision. The vet said she thinks her heart just gave out, that it had been only a matter of time. She used to call her the little miracle dog. She passed quickly at home, as I prayed that it would happen when her time came. I am so sad that my heart actually aches. I find myself crying every day. We buried her by my tree swing and placed a special marker on her grave. I also planted some rosemary "for remembrance" at the head of her grave and, at another spot, a remembrance hemlock tree with marker. I just don't know how to stop grieving. She was such a precious dog and like a child to us.

http://www.karencecilsmith.com/

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  5:45:53 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for your loss...she was loved, and she loved back...your heart and soul will help you with your grieving, and it will slowly get easier and less painful, don't let anyone tell you any differant...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3437 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3437 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  6:12:26 PM  Show Profile
Karen
I am so sorry about your loss. Just know that you gave her a wonderful life and she passed in a good place. Time will help ease the pain. I pray it gets less painful each day. So many of us farmgirls think of our fur babies as kids there for it is so painful.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  7:54:01 PM  Show Profile
Awwww... Karen... I'm so sorry. My heart just hurts for you. What a blessing, though, that she passed quickly in the place she most loved to be, surrounded by your love. God bless you. Know we're all here for you to help you through. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  8:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Karen,
I'm so sorry for your loss. We raise beagles. One of my husbands old hunting beagles died 2 weeks ago. 18 years old. Sad, so sad.
My 13 year old beagle is blind from glaucoma and her hearing is going too. She gets confused now because of it. She gets eye drops 4 x a day and my heart is dreading the thought. I already can cry. She is sleeping, snoring, on the love seat right now. She sleeps with us and I can't sleep if I can't feel her against my back. Ok, now I'm crying for both of us! My heart breaks for you. I will be inconsolable and I know it. You are in my prayers. Beagles are so beautiful and loving!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  10:57:26 AM  Show Profile
Karen I am so sorry about your sweet furbaby. You will hurt and grieve really bad for awhile. Been there too many times. It will lessen over time. My heart breaks for you as I read your post. I am glad you had so many good years with her and she had such a great Mom like you to care for her. Prayers and hugs to you.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  11:41:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh Karen, I am so sorry. I truly understand how you feel. It is an awful thing to lose a furbaby. I've lost several, and my little Phoebe girl passed away at home, unexpectedly, too, four years ago. I still miss her.

I am so glad you got the extra time with your sweet girl. Fourteen is a long life for a beagle, but I know from your post that she had a great life filled with lots of love. She was so blessed to have you as her dog-mom.

Big, giant, farmgirl hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  4:03:02 PM  Show Profile
Thank all of you for your comforting words. It's a blessing to be able to share with my sister animal lovers. Darlene, it sounds like you know exactly how I feel. Beagles are just so darned sweet and loving. My husband was talking about how sweet natured our little one was. And, up until a few weeks ago, she used to sleep with us too. That last week, she started sleeping on an orthopedic mat by our bed. She was blind in one eye due to undetected high blood pressure, so that means she was put on BP meds. Also, like yours, a little hard of hearing, but she did have quality of life, loved to eat, greet us when we came home and give us lots of kisses. When they reach the point where there's no quality of life, it's time. You can see it in their eyes. I had prayed that if God didn't see fit to heal her, that He would let her go peacefully at home and that she would not suffer. I am thankful it happened that way, even though it is burned into my mind. I pray you have your darling girl for several more years.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  5:55:18 PM  Show Profile
Hello Karen,
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how you feel. It's been 30 years since I lost my first dog, Ginger, it still
hurts. I have had many fur babies since then and I love them all unconditionally, but you never get over the loss. Our
animals are our chosen family.
Have you ever visited the rainbowbridge.com? Reading some of the information may help.

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2013 :  12:10:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Jenny.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2013 :  1:37:58 PM  Show Profile
Karen,

I am so sorry for your loss and totally understand what you are going through. I am praying for the Lord to bring you comfort and healing for your heart.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  11:35:42 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Sharon. God has been sending me sweet reminders of my little girl and I have no doubt that I will see her again in heaven. Some people don't believe that, but, just as my little neighbor told me, "There's room in heaven for all of God's creatures." Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  7:22:47 PM  Show Profile
I like what your neighbor shared with you. I just can't imagine
that God would create these wonderful creatures and not let us
be with them in heaven too. Maybe time with our pets is heaven on earth?
Still thinking of you and praying for you.

I'm counting my blessings today instead of my calories.

Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a very large amount of gratitude. A.A.Milne

Jenny, Blessed Sister #4359
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My Sweet Beagle Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page