Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 State Kidnapped my Neice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic State Kidnapped my Neice Next Topic  

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  08:07:05 AM  Show Profile
To make a long story short, the State of Utah has denied my nephew's parental rights of his daughter because the mother was married to another man when she got pregnant by my nephew. They gave parental rights to her husband, saying that the nuclear family overrides DNA proof of paternity. this is an antiquated law that needs to be changed.

Please pray for my disabled Navy Veteran nephew (he was injured while serving on an aircraft carrier in the Gulf during Desert Storm) and for his beautiful daughter, Cadence. He hasn't seen her for 6 months.

If you would like to help, see this link. http://chardalescuriousjourney.blogspot.com/2013/10/your-help-needed-birthday-card-drive.html We are doing a birthday card drive (Cadence will be two on Halloween) If you decide you want to send a card, please include a note that says that you are a friend of mine and that you know how much her Aunt Sherone loves her.

We don't want her to grow up not knowing about a whole family that adores her.

Thanks for your prayers and for your hogs and quiches!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!

Edited by - sherone_13 on Oct 15 2013 08:07:32 AM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  10:46:52 AM  Show Profile
Sherone

That is an awesome blog and video.

My prayers are there for you all.
Thanks to Nephew who served for the USA and I pray that the state will give back his parental rights.

Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  11:21:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sherone,

Time may go by (even decades) but I know from experience that truth sifts through the "sands of time" to the surface revealing the hidden secrets.

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  11:39:04 AM  Show Profile
Wow Sherone, I am sorry. I am praying for the Lord to grant your nephew custody and for little Cadence to be able to really know and love her Dad. Please thank your Nephew for his service to our country.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  12:00:00 PM  Show Profile
Sherone, this brings me to tears. Such a difficult, painful situation. I will be praying for them. And yes, please do thank him for his service. God bless him! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  12:16:18 PM  Show Profile
Sherone
How awful, this is so terribly sad. Prayers for her to get back with her father soon. How wonderful for your nephew to have served our country, God Bless him.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  7:27:04 PM  Show Profile
I never heard of such! I thought DNA was always the clincher. I understand the family part but am surprised that he would not have some rights if DNA has proven him to be the father. Visitation? Something? Is Utah the only state that does this? My prayers are with the family and abundance thank-you's to your nephew for serving our country.

Blessings,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  06:42:18 AM  Show Profile
As far as I know, Utah is the only state that does this. There are many cases of children being taken away from their fathers in Utah. Women are even going to Utah to have their babies, because they can give them up for adoption without the father's consent. He had visitation for 16 months and then the judge said that he would not enforce the visitation order. My nephew is taking it to the Supreme Court. He is not going to give her up without a fight. He is an amazing dad!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  08:16:50 AM  Show Profile
Sherone praying that they will be reunited very soon. I can't imagine how he must feel. I hope they let him and your family see her very soon.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Oct 16 2013 08:17:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  2:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Prayers will continue. That all seems unreal. I don't blame him for fighting.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3001 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3001 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  5:44:55 PM  Show Profile
He is a great dad to keep on fighting. I pray he will get to be with his daughter soon.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  7:52:11 PM  Show Profile
If the women don't want them why don't they give them to the fathers and give up their parental right to them.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic State Kidnapped my Neice Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page