Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills
 101 on how to use Brinkman smoker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills: Previous Topic 101 on how to use Brinkman smoker Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  07:53:30 AM  Show Profile
Went to a garge sale and bought a brand new Brinkman smoker for 10 bucks. I have never used one before. Can you explain or guide me to amsire that can start at the beginning and take me through the whole process? I would really like to learn how to do this? We are farmers and have our own beef, so would like a new way to cook it. If I get comfortable smoking meat, we may buy a better one. I did watch a few you tube videos,but none started at the very beginning. I need a smoking of idiots. What is your favorite type of wood to smoke with?

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  6:36:54 PM  Show Profile
I love my smoker. However it is electric. I just soak the chips and place them in the bottom of the smoker. Change them when they have burned up. There are lot of different rubs and marinades. I use whatever chips I have on hand. I have used cherry, hickory and apple mostly. I usually get my chips from a tree trimmer at no cost.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  7:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Patty, thanks for responding. I need to try. I think I am afraid it will not turn out right. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  03:33:31 AM  Show Profile
You should jump right in there. We caught some pork shoulder on sale for .59 a lb and bought 5 or 6 of them at around $5-$6 each. They were wonderful and all gone now :( I wish I could catch a sale like that again. Blue Fish is another one of my favorites in the smoker. I never plan enough ahead to marinate, so I usually use a rub. It sure makes the neighbors envious when the smoker is going. They throw plenty of hints throughout the smoking to let you know they want samples...lol. Good Luck.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2014 :  5:48:25 PM  Show Profile
I would love to find pork that cheap here. Good for you!!!!

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  7:25:31 PM  Show Profile
go to brinkman.com, and you can download the intrution manual for free...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  6:14:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks I will look it up and get started. It can't be that hard, just intimidating.
Go to Top of Page
  Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills: Previous Topic 101 on how to use Brinkman smoker Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page