Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills
 What 2014 will bring to you
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills: Previous Topic What 2014 will bring to you Next Topic  

Jeri
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Jeri
Brandon MS
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  09:24:50 AM  Show Profile
I always take some time to reflect on my life and where I am and where I want to be as well as plan a couple of projects that need to be thought through. I was wondering what some of you were planning for the upcoming year.

Happy New Year Sisters.

Jeri

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  03:35:11 AM  Show Profile
After being at the Farm in NY for a year I know that when I came home I was shocked by how much stuff we had that just takes up space, so this year I plan on a huge yardsale so that I can build a good fence for my chickens so they can be in a part of the yard instead in the run all the time. I have also decided to extend the garden space so that I can put up more foods for us & not depend on the store all the time. so mainly for me its a purging type of year ahead so I don't feel so closed it, spoil the chickens a bit & prepare for the big amount of canning I will get to do.
Michele'

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
www.theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  10:23:59 AM  Show Profile
I am doing the same thing Michele. I will be cleaning out and getting rid of a lot of things. I am starting a new life also..I am getting a divorce..and not sad at all. wish I had done it a few yrs ago. I will be getting my chickens and goats this yr. Doing more here on my small farm...cheese making is one that is going to be a lesson for me. Fencing first and then the goats house. And a really nice garden which means canning and dehydrating when the crops come in...cant wait...
Deborah

now we are on our forever farm. God has blessed us.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  10:36:14 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, don't forget that you can freeze tomatoes for soups. It is a lot less work than canning and works just as well. I am also going to try to can some green beans--providing the snails don't get them all. Hope that this cold weather has at least killed the majority of them off.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
  Off the Grid/Homesteading Skills: Previous Topic What 2014 will bring to you Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page