craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  5:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Well I did it! My DH and I have officially owned a home with 3 acres for a year now in NC. This will be our little piece of heaven. I have taken a job in the area and I love it! We hope that me taking a job will bring us closer to our dream. My DH hopes to move here with me as soon as possible. He is able to come some weekends and it is like a mini vacation for him. I would love to have a garden, some chickens, and who knows who else may come to live with us here. This place makes my farm girl heart happy! I have started a blog (Silver Toad Splendid) and am using it to document how we have and will transform this little piece of heaven. So I raise my glass to future and current farm girls ...salute!!

Don't forget to laugh!

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  6:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Barbara - congratulations for being a step closer to your dream :) So very happy for you!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6819 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6819 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  03:47:09 AM  Show Profile
Barbara, I raise my glass with you, congrats on dreaming a dream and following up on it.

Hugs, Sara
Walk in Peace.
Live with Joy.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  05:29:11 AM  Show Profile
Barbara, congratulations on your new little farm!! The Macon, Ga. area is such beautiful farmland too. I have a good friend in Warner Robbins and we pal around that area when we can get together. Have you been down to Montezuma to the Mennonite Restaurant Yoders? Oh my, talk about Farmgirl fantastic. Not only is the food delicious, they have a little bakery with homemade cakes, pies, and breads to die for. Oh their cinnamon rolls!!!!........ It is about a 45 minute drive southeast of where you are right smack in the middle of farm country. It is a trip worth every drop of gas!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  11:31:25 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you and your husband.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  6:14:35 PM  Show Profile
Winnie I have been to Yoders and yes they do have some wonderful food. I to have loaded up from their bakery. I have not been able to find the perfect little bakery in NC but.... I will keep on looking and tasting!

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I jumped right in...... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page