Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 ChillOver Powder Cranberry Sauce
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic ChillOver Powder Cranberry Sauce Next Topic  

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  5:56:45 PM  Show Profile
Anyone ever make Gelled Cranberry Sauce with the ChillOver Powder? I am wanting to make some sugar free with stevia.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589

Ashley
MaryJanesFarm Food Guru

54 Posts

Ashley
Moscow ID
54 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  7:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Betty,
I haven't made cranberry sauce without sugar using ChillOver, but as a starting point, I would add 1 t ChillOver for every 4 cups of cranberries. Bring the berries and liquid to a boil and add the ChillOver, stir constantly for 3 minutes. After this, remove the pan from the heat and spoon a little onto a plate and freeze for 5-10 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Check the consistency of the sauce when you remove it from the freezer.

If the sauce is too thin, re-heat the cranberries (which are patiently waiting in the hot pan) and add a little more ChillOver. Normally for a jam consistency you would use 2 t of ChillOver for every 4 cups of crushed berries. Since cranberries do have natural pectin, I would venture to guess that that will help the sauce set up even without added sugar. I hope this is helpful!

Ashley
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  10:33:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Ashley! I will try that. I do have some pure cranberry jiuce I will try it with. Will let you know how it turns out. I am looking for a sugar free version for holiday dinners!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic ChillOver Powder Cranberry Sauce Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page