Join in ... sign up

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!
 Farmgirl Jubilee 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 11

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  09:48:10 AM  Show Profile
The idea for an annual Farmgirl Jubilee celebration started in January 2015 with this post:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=67663

From that idea came this: An official place for planning HOW we'll celebrate Farmgirl Jubilee, to be held during the first weekend of every May going forward for many years to come.

Let's dream the details for how we'll celebrate during our first year, 2015 (May 2-3), now officially called:

Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 (May 2-3)
Theme: Celebrating MaryJane

Let the planning begin!

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:13:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Carol, this is great. I believe half the fun of doing anything is in the planning, so let the good times roll.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  1:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Super Fantabulous idea!!!

Are y'all thinking it'll be held there at MJ's place? Or are y'all thinking a different place, perhaps more central part of the states?

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  3:46:30 PM  Show Profile
I love the whole idea of Farmgirl Jubilee 2015, celebrating MaryJane. As for ideas, Nini's comment of let the aprons fly has got me thinking of how to make an apron flag that I could put on the flag pole. I'm not real creative with my hands so that might be a challenge for me. Second the first weekend in May is also Kentucky Derby, and there is always a big deal over the hats, well lets all wear aprons that weekend in celebration of Farmgirls, and become known for that being a major part of the celebration. Just thinking. Hugs Karla
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  3:59:18 PM  Show Profile
Karla, your idea of an apron frag is spot on. I also think wearing aprons that day will be fun & appropriate. I have started a page in my MJF spiral notebook for ideas. Just added your 2 to it.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  4:32:48 PM  Show Profile
I love these ideas for the Farmgirl Jubilee in May!! Karla, an apron flag is a great idea. Maybe some of our talented sewing Farmgirls can come up with a pattern and post it so others can make one. I think the idea mentioned of wearing an apron all day is also a great one and something all of us can do.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4896 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4896 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  5:34:27 PM  Show Profile
I love the Apron Flag idea! and I also want to plant something in my garden to celebrate the Farmgirl Jubilee!!

hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Farmgirl of the Month, August 2014
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  6:23:55 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I think I was confused. We're not going somewhere for a celebration, we're celebrating wherever we are. Kinda like a day of honor that we observe. Is that right? I feel silly that I thought we were planning a big party.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  7:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Karla! I love love LOVE your apron flag idea!!! I actually have a couple of beautiful ones by CJ that would be perfect! :)

This annual celebration is going to be SO great! :)

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  8:48:38 PM  Show Profile
Don't feel silly, Catherine! I think we're all going to be celebrating differently - by ourselves, in small groups, and probably in a big way at the farm! :) It's going to be one great, big celebration, no matter how you slice it!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 22 2015 8:49:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1609 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1609 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  06:16:54 AM  Show Profile
Great idea with the flag apron. I've made several that would be cute for a flag. I also think I will plant something with my granddaughter and do something with the family like gardening together, making jams things like that.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  06:21:07 AM  Show Profile
While awake during the night this idea came to me about the apron flag. For me the easiest thing to do is to put it on an old garden flag. Out of fabric I could make a paper-doll like apron & saw it on to a bigger piece that fits the garden flag. Using fabric pens then stencil 'FarmGirl Jubilee 2015'. When it's finish attach it to the garden flag.

It won't be an actual apron but it will be in the spirit of the Jubilee and something I can do and be able to put in my front yard garden.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  07:46:11 AM  Show Profile
I know only Mary Jane says woo hoo, but I say it loudly for the Farmgirl Jubilee. How about a new logo for our t-shirts we can iron on. I've already got my own idea for an apron flag. What a kick being farmgirl of the month. Boo Hoo, January is almost over.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  07:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Logo! Yes. I'll see if Karina has time to work on one today.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  07:15:05 AM  Show Profile
Badges let's notforget the badges to mark the first jubilee and everyone afterwords. hugs Karla
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  07:26:54 AM  Show Profile
And badges too. Good idea! We're on it.

Details about new 2015 badges and updates to old badges will be in our upcoming Feb. Sister Issue. Make you're on board to get our MJF Sister Issue every month via email.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  07:42:48 AM  Show Profile
Great ideas - I'm adding some of them to my to-do list. I love all the planning and getting ready for a big event.

Have you caught the Jubilee Fever? There's no cure don't you know, so you just as well dive on in and join in on all the fun.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  05:21:51 AM  Show Profile
Plans for the Jubilee just keep getting better and better!

So, I had this idea for a flag. What about attaching a child size apron to your flag holder so that the ties hand down and blow in the breeze along with the apron skirt? I am thinking it could be an easy sewing project with some gingham. Apron makers, what do you think of doing this? Any suggestions? I was thinking gingham fabric would be cute, but really any fun print would do. OR..... when we get the iron Jubilee logo, we could place that on the apron front?

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  06:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Like that idea. I have plenty of adult and kiddo aprons. As it turns out the logo might take a minute. We have both Sister Issue and mag deadlines looming this week. Today is a scheduled writing day for me. Tea, write, tea, write.

Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  2:13:41 PM  Show Profile
Ok all this has got me to thinking about MaryJane's and how it can to be a part of my life,( picking up a magazine at a local farm store, that by the way no longer carries it), and talking with friends who never heard of it, anyway with social media being the go to place why not have a Facebook page for Farmgirl Jubilee where we can all post pictures from all the celebrations, big or small, for the whole world to see. Not to take from our forum but it seems everyone looks at Facebook, what do you think? Karla
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  3:00:34 PM  Show Profile
I don't do Facebook, Karla - at all. BUT I think it's a neat idea! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  3:13:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nini, I do not do Facebook myself but my daughter does and I just was thinking of ways to spread the word. Hugs Karla
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  3:37:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I understand completely, Karla... I think Facebook is a great idea! SO many people we know use it. I just don't for several reasons - it's a personal preference, that's all. I just hope those of us who don't use it won't miss out on anything because we don't "do" Facebook, you know? :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  6:16:18 PM  Show Profile
Ah, Facebook. I've made an honest effort to participate for a lot of different reasons but no matter how much I try, I can't get it to fit my personality ... yet. Or not. Maybe.

For starters, I love a good old-fashioned search function. (I know Facebook has one but nothing is in categories to begin with and when I use it the page crashes or slows or brings up something other than what I remember seeing only a couple of weeks before.)

And the scroll feature gets away from me sometimes and just when I've found what I'm looking for, gone.

And then there's all the weird Wizard of Oz behind-the-curtains things Facebook the business does. On my personal feed page, it was once populated with farmgirls and I enjoyed it but because I didn't do enough "likes" or some such thing (it was explained to me but I couldn't fully understand it), my feed is now populated with things like foreign videos that don't play or sometimes when I go there, all the videos are playing at once and the page crashes. The fix (as explained to me) was a fair amount of work and I wished someone at FB would have asked me first what I wanted on MY page:) Sigh. Along those lines, we started a MaryJanesFarm Pinterest page and then one day after a couple of years, I started getting lots of requests for MaryJane Butters. When we checked it out, there in fact was a new page with a selection of choices (not mine) that Pinterest said they started for me. When I said I didn't want it they said if I deleted it I'd have to also delete MaryJanesFarm (that we'd put a lot of work into) and start over. Huh?

Facebook to me feels like an ongoing party with people coming and going and talking over one another. I've always preferred a sit-down meal with everyone taking their turn to talk as opposed to parties where you have to pitch your voice higher and higher.

We have a new cow chatroom modeled after this one. We all get on and say good morning (like showing up at a corner coffee shop) under the Chit Chat and Daily Weather Report, https://www.heritagejersey.org/chatroom/default.asp and sign off at the end of the day.

On the other hand, we have a public group on Facebook called Glampers on the Loose, https://www.facebook.com/groups/glampersontheloose/ and it continues to gain in numbers. We've gone beyond 9,000 members. We have someone who watches it carefully, approving and blocking members, strange ads, etc. It's a fun place/group/party to visit and certainly we could do something like that. If you're in business and want to brag numbers to advertisers, FB is the place to put your efforts.

We've been dreaming about turning Farmgirl Jubilee into an event (down the road) in a place as well as online activities/participation and if that were to happen we'd want to be here, on the chatroom and a website where we could keep all the details organized year by year.

Let me check in with the rest of my crew tomorrow and see what they think. I'm always open to challenging myself.

I just thought of perhaps a good example. Can you imagine trying to do our swaps on Facebook mixed in with things like "I found a hidden door and you'll never believe what I found on the other side." Or "Six common love-making mistakes."

What are your thoughts, experiences? You're welcome to tell me to get with it and quit being such a fuddy duddy. It won't be the first time! Tweet me,#fuddyduddy

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  6:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Fuddy Duddy Numero Dos here! LOL! You're a hoot! I totally get what you're saying, MaryJane. Whatever you decide is great, really. There are lots of people who use and thoroughly enjoy Facebook, so I wouldn't want anyone to miss out! Just please, please, please keep everything posted on here at MJF, too, or I'll never see it! :) 'Hope your writing session was a success today! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 25 2015 6:30:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1609 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1609 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  10:01:57 PM  Show Profile
I do use FB really don't have any problems, but I like to chit-chat since it can get lonely for me. So please keep your chat room at MJF.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page